Page 522 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 224224725125185195205215225235245255265325726221022 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's still under the WB.

Steel as well as Catwoman have been used as weapon against black films including two that won Oscars named Black Panther & Into The Spiderverse.

And who knows who else got screwed over because of those films.
    Things last a looooooooooooong time in Hollywood land it seems, damn

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Yeah, I like it too. But it's eccentric and likely requires familiarity with the source material. A lot of casual moviegoers apparently found it bewildering, as did a lot of critics, although it's at 64% on Rotten Tomatoes. In fact, looking at Zack Snyder's RT page shows me that Watchmen is his second-best reviewed movie as a director.
    I knew bupkiss about the comic book when I watched it first time. What did they find bewildering?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    She was EDITED out of books and like Stephanie deemed PITCH toxic.

And when I mean edited out of books-I mean EDITED out of books.

Even Lil Gotham saw her edited out of a book. Even LOW SELLING Batwing saw her edited out of Luke's book and replaced with someone else.

That was NOT about protecting the Batgirl name. That was an agenda like it was with Wally West.

Last time I checked Batgirl being a title that could sell was done under HER name. A book with a FEMALE of COLOR from the start not re-conned or whatever like others in a POC unfriendly market sold for 5 years.

And then to see Ms Marvel gets the praise that Cass SHOULD have gotten-yet got denied because of an ego? So Babs can be the ONE? When she found better success as Oracle.

Are you sure? I mean she is a regular in the rebirth Detective Comics I read after all and handled respectfully IMO.

Astonishing Member

I just happened to catch Steel the other day and kind of enjoyed it even it is a objectively dreadful film. Shaq can’t act, but I find him oddly charming.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I just happened to catch Steel the other day and kind of enjoyed it even it is a objectively dreadful film. Shaq can’t act, but I find him oddly charming.
    Remember they took everything Superman out of it.

For the most part they took the plot from the first issue of his series and went from there.

Part of the gripe with Shaq was you had him playing this well educated man that was in the army and made weapons. Mos guys his size ....are not really viewed as "smart".

Now if you were to put Lawrence Fisherburne or Wesley Snipes or Chad Bosman- different story.

It's not an insult to Shaq but that was WB looking to milk off of somebody's name just like Catwoman.

It's been a LOOONG time since I saw that, but as I recall... Shaq was the least of it's sins. I agree Shaq has some charm and can be fun to watch... but everything else about that movie was just... Ughhh….

Patty Jenkins talks about the Amazons movie she's producing.

“I’m not going to nail down a fresh thought about it until this movie comes out, because I kind of want to give myself a palette cleanser, and be fresh of mind,” she explains. “But yeah, there’s an arc that I have in mind for the first movie, and then the second movie, and then the Amazon movie, and then the third movie.”

However, despite having a plan, Jenkins does not see herself helming the spin-off. “I’m not going to direct it, hopefully,” she smiles. “I’m going to try really hard not to. It’s not going to be easy. But [WW84 co-writer and former DC Entertainment President and Chief Creative Officer] Geoff Johns and I came up with the story, and we sold the pitch, and we’re going to get it going. I’ll produce it, for sure.”
    https://www.gamesradar.com/wonder-wo...ins-story-arc/

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Patty Jenkins talks about the Amazons movie she's producing.

https://www.gamesradar.com/wonder-wo...ins-story-arc/
    I forget all these non-tentpol hero spinoffs are a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget all these non-tentpol hero spinoffs are a thing.
    I either forgot too or never knew to begin with. What other spin offs are still planned that we know of?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I either forgot too or never knew to begin with. What other spin offs are still planned that we know of?
    There's The Trench horror film. That...might be the only other one.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Batgirl written by Christina Hodson probably not in-continuity (I don't care about continuity just good movies)
    (and the Dune movie will have a spin-off TV show)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's The Trench horror film. That...might be the only other one.
    I believe this when I see a trailer
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-30-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Only Trench movie I want to see is, TIM TRENCH.

TimTrench.jpg

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash Movie Is Casting A New Iris West:

"The casting call indicates that they are looking for an actress 21-25 years old to play a 23-year-old Iris West. The character is described as smart, bold, always with a cellphone in hand. She’s an energetic, and perhaps over-caffeinated, tenacious cub reporter for the Central Citizen. She can be a bit over the top, but despite her idiosyncrasies there is something about her that draws people in. She is additionally described as having the fashion sense of Carrie Bradshaw and the smarts of Christiane Amanpour. The Central Citizen is described as a modern 21st century style newspaper, which is perfect for the stylish, bright eyed young reporter.

In the casting call Iris West is listed as a supporting character. It looks like they are looking for an actress who can play an over excited young reporter, but who’s able to pull it off in a way that is charming instead of overbearing."

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...new-iris-west/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash Movie Is Casting A New Iris West:

"The casting call indicates that they are looking for an actress 21-25 years old to play a 23-year-old Iris West. The character is described as smart, bold, always with a cellphone in hand. She’s an energetic, and perhaps over-caffeinated, tenacious cub reporter for the Central Citizen. She can be a bit over the top, but despite her idiosyncrasies there is something about her that draws people in. She is additionally described as having the fashion sense of Carrie Bradshaw and the smarts of Christiane Amanpour. The Central Citizen is described as a modern 21st century style newspaper, which is perfect for the stylish, bright eyed young reporter.

In the casting call Iris West is listed as a supporting character. It looks like they are looking for an actress who can play an over excited young reporter, but who’s able to pull it off in a way that is charming instead of overbearing."

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...new-iris-west/
    I hope this time they are finally looking for a Iris with red-haired!

Quote Originally Posted by EmaHalJordan View Post
    I hope this time they are finally looking for a Iris with red-haired!
    Why do you want her a red-head? I could definitely see brown, to match the source material, but don't get red.