Page 524 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 244244745145205215225235245255265275285345746241024 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/snydercutcringe/...520611329?s=21
    Zack Snyder from everything I’ve heard does make sure the female members of his staff are treated well, to his credit. The Snyder Cut group on the other hand...
    I don't follow the Snyder Cut people closely, though I do believe their cause is virtuous, but I've never known their community to be particularly hostile. You can find anyone on Twitter of any community acting poorly and if your a woman, yeah, you're probably gonna receive a few gendered slurs your way. The Star Wars community though is pretty bad and well known for their behavior.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Adam Glass' Suicide Squad run isn't popular from what I'm aware of, but I'm curious about his take on Harley.

I think modern Harley is a truly awful character, but the fact that every time Gunn talks about the movie he singles out Harley makes me think the movie is going to be another Harley Quinn vehicle, which kills any interest I have in the movie. I get there are loads that like modern Harley and are thrilled that Gunn is promoting her so much, and I get the studio wants to promote her as much as possible as she is the only character people know on it, but nothing he's said or shown has made me want to see the movie. I'm still in the belief that having Harley on, and especially as the face of, the Suicide Squad undermines the concept as there is no threat of her ever dying or being in any real danger. She is too high profile a character, but I also get we are too far past the point where they will transition the franchise away from Harley. She is the face of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think modern Harley is a truly awful character, but the fact that every time Gunn talks about the movie he singles out Harley makes me think the movie is going to be another Harley Quinn vehicle, which kills any interest I have in the movie. I get there are loads that like modern Harley and are thrilled that Gunn is promoting her so much, and I get the studio wants to promote her as much as possible as she is the only character people know on it, but nothing he's said or shown has made me want to see the movie. I'm still in the belief that having Harley on, and especially as the face of, the Suicide Squad undermines the concept as there is no threat of her ever dying or being in any real danger. She is too high profile a character, but I also get we are too far past the point where they will transition the franchise away from Harley. She is the face of it now.
    I agree with some of your points but it could be that Gunn is talking about Harley because he wants to be as secretive as possible on everything else in the film.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Adam Glass' Suicide Squad run isn't popular from what I'm aware of, but I'm curious about his take on Harley.
    King Shark is what I'm thinking. Hopefully its heavy on Ostrander/Yale and not so much... Glass.
    Damn 85% of HQ comics... that's... A LOT

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well look at the cast of characters chosen. They all suck! Polka Dot Man, Female Ratcatcher, Peacemaker, Vigilante... not exactly an exciting cast of characters. The first film may have sucked but the characters chosen were not only interesting, but diverse as well. SS2 audience demographics are going to be vastly different to first films, that’s for sure.

Easy to see why Quinn is getting all the spotlight. The rest of the characters minus Waller suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Well look at the cast of characters chosen. They all suck! Polka Dot Man, Female Ratcatcher, Peacemaker, Vigilante... not exactly an exciting cast of characters. The first film may have sucked but the characters chosen were not only interesting, but diverse as well. SS2 audience demographics are going to be vastly different to first films, that’s for sure.

Easy to see why Quinn is getting all the spotlight. The rest of the characters minus Waller suck!
    Yeah but those are the kinds of characters SS needs. You need those guys to keep the danger levels up because Harley and Deadshot have plot armor that protect them. Plus Gunn has said he loved the Ostrander SS run, and that entire run was built on using villains nobody cared about. Nobody gave a damn about Captain Boomerang or Deadshot back in the 80s, but that didn’t stop Ostrander’s SS from being great. Hell look at what Gunn did for the GotG, nobody knew who those guys were before the movie, I didn’t know who they were, and I consider myself someone well versed in Marvel and DC lore. If Gunn’s SS is a hit, you could totally see some of the cast’s profile get raised.

Yeah but those are the kinds of characters SS needs. You need those guys to keep the danger levels up because Harley and Deadshot have plot armor that protect them. Plus Gunn has said he loved the Ostrander SS run, and that entire run was built on using villains nobody cared about. Nobody gave a damn about Captain Boomerang or Deadshot back in the 80s, but that didn’t stop Ostrander’s SS from being great. Hell look at what Gunn did for the GotG, nobody knew who those guys were before the movie, I didn’t know who they were, and I consider myself someone well versed in Marvel and DC lore. If Gunn’s SS is a hit, you could totally see some of the cast’s profile get raised.
    I hope not. The cast of characters aren’t exactly ones I’d like to have raised profiles. Now if we were taking about the first films cast, then I’d agree. Joker, Katana, El Diablo, Killer Croc, Deadshot > Ratcatcher, Polkadot Man, Peacemaker Vigilante and King Shark.

But that is the point of Suicide Squad. They are supposed to be the less interesting and smaller villains because it is more believable that they are expendable. Once you introduce a character like Harley on the team the original concept and theme of the team being composed of lesser villains is broken. It breaks the original foundation of the Suicide Squad concept two ways. One in that there is zero threat of Harley ever dying because she is too big of a character so the idea that they are a group of expendable villains doesn't work, and two is that because Harley is so much bigger than the rest of the characters she overshadows them and the story can't help but focus on being about her, which tears apart the squad concept.

I think Gunn is a talented director and writer. What he did with a unknown property like Guardians of the Galaxy was amazing. It's just when he talks about Suicide Squad he always has to break it into talking about Suicide Squad and Harley separately, which makes me worried it will just be another Birds of Prey situation. Where they should have just called the movie Harley Quinn instead of attaching the BoP title on it and ruin that franchise's foundation. This time there is no Will Smith in the new SS movie to take focus away from Harley too.

Of course I don't expect anything to change as the Suicide Squad franchise has been a Harley vehicle since they put her there in the New 52. This is just me voicing my frustration. She is a very successful character that they want to use as much as possible and I can't fault them for it. I just dislike when them wanting to push her ruins or undermines properties like Suicide Squad or Birds of Prey that she doesn't need to be part of. They can just create a brand new team or concept around Harley and don't need to drag her into other things, but I guess new stuff is more difficult to get made these days.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I hope not. The cast of characters aren’t exactly ones I’d like to have raised profiles. Now if we were taking about the first films cast, then I’d agree. Joker, Katana, El Diablo, Killer Croc, Deadshot > Ratcatcher, Polkadot Man, Peacemaker Vigilante and King Shark.
    In your humble opinion

Katana, El Diablo and Croc more interesting than Gunn's team? Which comics did you read? Do you think Ayer's SS is a good movie?

You got it.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 05-04-2020 at 03:51 AM.

Yeah a lot of these new characters in the movie are joke characters(and the costumes really drive that home) who have very limited material to pull from. I do absolutely prefer the lineup from the first movie vs this one but Gunn is allowed to tell his story and do what he can. He says Harley Quinn is his favorite DC character but the proof will be in the pudding.

At least with Harley Gunn can say she is the cement that keeps the premise from being regarded as stupid. She is a familiar face and the central character that most are familiar with when it comes to the suicide squad.
    Still I think the big gag for the opening of the movie is the first movies team getting killed horribly minus Harley

For all the suicide squad material featuring Harley since the new 52
    I'd say the best has been Ales Kot's brief run, si spurriers 2 issues and then the animated movies Hell to Pay and assault on arkham
    after that everything else is varying levels of okay to very bad
    Hopefully Gunn is pulling from the okay stuff and not the very bad stuff
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 05-04-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Some interesting quotes and speculation here. Anyone read/hear anything more concrete about another Superman movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Some interesting quotes and speculation here. Anyone read/hear anything more concrete about another Superman movie?

Don’t know if it’s true. Really hope it is. I would love to see another Superman movie within the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post

Kind of. But it mostly rumor mill dusting off and re-instating the status quo IMO :/

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Current state of the rumor mill:

WB wants Cavill: https://cosmicbook.news/henry-cavill-superman-supergirl
    Cavill wants money: https://cosmicbook.news/henry-cavill...uperman-return

... so... nothing changed I guess.

*sigh*