Page 530 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 304304805205265275285295305315325335345405806301030 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    How could Johns sabotage the visionary director behind kino such as Bright like that?
    IDK about you, Bright became the funniest comedy in years when I learned I was supposed to take it seriously or that Landis considered it his Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Johns really had no business at all messing with Zack or Ayer's films
    He didn't just walk in off the street. He was brought in because BVS fell short of studio projections and had one of the worst week 2 dropoffs in the history of superhero movies. That was the studio reacting to the audience reception.

You can argue he didn't do a particularly good job and that WB's reaction was too knee jerk, but this weird narrative that things were all hunky dory until Johns came along and ruined everything has always been ahistorical.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Geoff Johns does have a big role in the Stargirl TV show though and that seems to be being received well. So it's not like WB has cut ties with him.
    Johns had more power on the tv side than the movie side.

Wonder Woman 1984 pushed back again to October 2

Will third time be the charm?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Doesn't matter - I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not going back to the theater until there's a vaccine and I've taken it.

God I hope they get it together, I really did enjoy BOP and was looking forward to Margot's whole BOP vs GCS plan.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Ah that sucks. But for the best.

Well, October has proved reliable for WB before...
    I think Yan would be a good fit for Gotham City Sirens so long as it doesn't become the Harley show again.

Is Zoe Kravitz contractually obligated to be in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, October has proved reliable for WB before...

I think Yan would be a good fit for Gotham City Sirens so long as it doesn't become the Harley show again.

Is Zoe Kravitz contractually obligated to be in it?
    I don't think it being the Harley show hurt BOP. I mean comic fans of Birds of Prey may not like it, but to the wider audience that's not why the film performed poorly. There's literally no reason for them to not make it the Harley show a second time.

And Zoe Kravits is Catwoman in an unrelated continuity - I'd be surprised if she were obligated to be Catwoman in Gotham City Sirens. Be like Phoenix having to play Joker in The Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't think it being the Harley show hurt BOP. I mean comic fans of Birds of Prey may not like it, but to the wider audience that's not why the film performed poorly. There's literally no reason for them to not make it the Harley show a second time.
    I realize that. Still don't want it to become the Harley show...
    And Zoe Kravits is Catwoman in an unrelated continuity - I'd be surprised if she were obligated to be Catwoman in Gotham City Sirens. Be like Phoenix having to play Joker in The Batman.
    I don't think we need two cinematic Catwomen in close sequence to each other. I think with Phoenix it was more of a clear one-and-done thing because that's how he is as an actor.

I realize that. Still don't want it to become the Harley show...
    I know you don't want that - but it was pitched and will be produced by her actress. So you should probably accept that and just hope Ivy and Catwoman are also awesome. I mean unlike the BOP Catwoman and Ivy are known and popular outside of comics readers, so you probably shouldn't worry - they may not be as big as Harley in the film, but they will be done justice.

I don't think we need two cinematic Catwomen in close sequence to each other. I think with Phoenix it was more of a clear one-and-done thing because that's how he is as an actor.
    And I don't think The Batman movie will or should be part of that continuity. So either there's a different Catwoman in GCS or there's no Catwoman in it.

I know you don't want that - but it was pitched and will be produced by her actress. So you should probably accept that and just hope Ivy and Catwoman are also awesome. I mean unlike the BOP Catwoman and Ivy are known and popular outside of comics readers, so you probably shouldn't worry - they may not be as big as Harley in the film, but they will be done justice.
    I'm all for equal treatment among the ladies .
    And I don't think The Batman movie will or should be part of that continuity. So either there's a different Catwoman in GCS or there's no Catwoman in it.
    I think it's too early to tell at this point. If it does well, and Kravitz' Catwoman is received positively, they'll probably want to use her in something else.

I'm all for equal treatment among the ladies .

I think it's too early to tell at this point. If it does well, and Kravitz' Catwoman is received positively, they'll probably want to use her in something else.
    I didn't say equal, I said they'd be done justice. Harley is still going to get more and better scenes though.

Yeah, they probably will want to use her in something else - The Batman 2 (or whatever they call it). I just have a hunch they are in no hurry to connect the continuities any time soon. I know they will want to do the shared universe thing again eventually, but for now it seems things are going to be separate. I just don't see them bringing anyone in this Batman reboot over to the highly fractured DCEU.

I didn't say equal, I said they'd be done justice. Harley is still going to get more and better scenes though.
    If so...then I'll object to it and be disappointed .
    Yeah, they probably will want to use her in something else - The Batman 2 (or whatever they call it). I just have a hunch they are in no hurry to connect the continuities any time soon. I know they will want to do the shared universe thing again eventually, but for now it seems things are going to be separate. I just don't see them bringing anyone in this Batman reboot over to the highly fractured DCEU.
    I think they're testing the waters right now on handling the continuity between movies. I don't think they would do a GSC and then throw in another live-action Catwoman so soon after Kravitz' has been introduced.

If so...then I'll object to it and be disappointed .

I think they're testing the waters right now on handling the continuity between movies. I don't think they would do a GSC and then throw in another live-action Catwoman so soon after Kravitz' has been introduced.
    Don't know why you'd be disappointed if you know to expect it beforehand.

I don't think they're testing the waters on handling the continuity between films (heck, I don't even know what that means, to "handle continuity between movies" - what do you mean by that?). Nothing they have said or done would indicate such at all, merely, I'm assuming, your feeling they wouldn't introduce two versions of Catwoman so close together. It's a feeling I don't share, after all they introduced a different Joker shortly after the Suicide Squad version, doing a Batman reboot shortly after we saw Batfleck, so it seems par for the course. Never mind that The Batman like the JOKER doesn't share continuity with the rest of the DCEU as far as we know, they're not even decided if they'll do Gotham City Sirens, and like BOP didn't have Barbara Gordon/Oracle despite many fans thinking you can't do that property without her they may do GCS without Catwoman. I think muddling up different continuities together is not on the table.