Page 538 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 384384885285345355365375385395405415425485886381038 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If you're going to use an example of Batman not caring about civilians, don't use the scene where he actually saves the civilian. There are multiple examples of superheroes doing things that could be viewed as dangerous to civilians.
    That wasn't my first example, Batman deliberately killed a trick driver to kill a criminal in the Batmobile scene. By "saving" Martha he put her live in danger by making the bad guy explode, if his cape wasn't fireproof they'd both be dead. There are, and a lot of them aren't as terrible as Snyder Batman is.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That wasn't my first example, Batman deliberately killed a trick driver to kill a criminal in the Batmobile scene. By "saving" Martha he put her live in danger by making the bad guy explode, if his cape wasn't fireproof they'd both be dead. There are, and a lot of them aren't as terrible as Snyder Batman is.
    ……Batman knew his cape was fire proof though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

He's less murderous than Affleck's was, and more concerned about collateral damage.
    I'd say they are about even, actually.

He went beyond "defending himself," he made Gotham a war zone trying to catch those mercenaries. Drags a car behind him, despite the fact it could have hurt any innocent drivers if they appeared, deliberately directs a criminal to drive into a truck hauling gas causing a massive explosion, and rams though boats and things recklessly like a knife through butter, with no concern to their owners. His Batmobile is a force of nature which crushes everything in its path with military precision.

When Keaton's Batman blows things up its away from civilians, it's quick, contained and he moves on. Watch how he gets rid of the strong man from Returns.
    First, Afleck's Batman later mentions that the port is abandoned. I'll give you the gas truck explosion- that poor driver of the truck was probably innocent and more than likely didn't survive. But if you take it that the port is abandoned, then anyone working down there at that time is probably a criminal, and there were no innocents (other than the truck driver) in harms way.

Second- that whole chase was completely pointless, as right before it starts, Batman shoots the trailer with a TRACKING DART. A dart he almost destroyed himself when he jumped the Batmobile through the trailer. All he had to do was sit back and see where it ended up and then go get it, which he then proceeded to do anyways.

Side note- something else that bugged me in that, Batman was still chasing that truck when he ran into Superman (Literally). Where did the truck go? Why didn't Superman also stop the truck that people were shooting missiles out of?

As for him versus Keaton- Keaton put a bomb in a guy's pants and chucked him into the sewer to avoid civilian casualties. Afleck blew up a flamethrower to toast KGBeast, but made sure to protect Martha with his cape. So again I'd call them both even there.

If you're going to use an example of Batman not caring about civilians, don't use the scene where he actually saves the civilian. There are multiple examples of superheroes doing things that could be viewed as dangerous to civilians.
    I don't know. He endangered a lot of people in that first car chase with the Joker gang.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Second- that whole chase was completely pointless, as right before it starts, Batman shoots the trailer with a TRACKING DART. A dart he almost destroyed himself when he jumped the Batmobile through the trailer. All he had to do was sit back and see where it ended up and then go get it, which he then proceeded to do anyways.

Side note- something else that bugged me in that, Batman was still chasing that truck when he ran into Superman (Literally). Where did the truck go? Why didn't Superman also stop the truck that people were shooting missiles out of?

He probably didn't want to risk losing the truck so the tracking device was a precaution.

All Superman knew at the time was that Batman was a vigilante and Gotham is practically a war zone so as far as he knew, those guys were just defending themselves from Batman. That's assuming he even saw the entire sequence of events.

He probably didn't want to risk losing the truck so the tracking device was a precaution.

All Superman knew at the time was that Batman was a vigilante and Gotham is practically a war zone so as far as he knew, those guys were just defending themselves from Batman. That's assuming he even saw the entire sequence of events.
    This is how I interpreted it. Of all the things going on in BvS, the tracker always made sense to me. Why Batman was branding people and why Lex was killing said branded people though....
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This is how I interpreted it. Of all the things going on in BvS, the tracker always made sense to me. Why Batman was branding people and why Lex was killing said branded people though....
    I thought it was obvious Lex was trying to make Batman look villainous. (Extended Cut helps tho.)

Superman man of tomorrow trailer is out. does anyone know if this animated movie is starting a new continuity of if we're just getting stand alone films?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The phantom and zorro(if i remember correctly) used to brand people. A vigilante like batman doing that wouldn't be out of character. Its a mark of shame.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'd say they are about even, actually.

First, Afleck's Batman later mentions that the port is abandoned. I'll give you the gas truck explosion- that poor driver of the truck was probably innocent and more than likely didn't survive. But if you take it that the port is abandoned, then anyone working down there at that time is probably a criminal, and there were no innocents (other than the truck driver) in harms way.
    Later on in the chase there are civilian cars they drive through, Batman doesn't blink in their presence. Has Keaton's Batman ever got anyone killed while trying to fight villains? I can't think of any incidents, unlike with Affleck's.

Yep, no need to do anything except follow them back to base and steal it. Which he did anyway, off-screen.

We're given no answers. It's scene like this that make me despise Superman more than Batman, Batman at least tries to protect the public despite the destruction in his wake - Superman is apathetic about any of it and didn't connect the dots that if he did something KGBeast wouldn't have got Martha but he doesn't get a moment of realisation, he didn't think he's done anything wrong in how he's a super-hero.

As for him versus Keaton- Keaton put a bomb in a guy's pants and chucked him into the sewer to avoid civilian casualties. Afleck blew up a flamethrower to toast KGBeast, but made sure to protect Martha with his cape. So again I'd call them both even there.
    Keaton managed to do that without endangering himself or anyone in the vicinity, Affleck created an explosion that covered the room. What if he failed to protect Martha in time?

I don't know. He endangered a lot of people in that first car chase with the Joker gang.
    Can you remind me what the scene was?
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 06-24-2020 at 01:45 AM.

There are rumors of Ryan Reynold's GL in Snyder cut floating around.

(I don't trust it...but I am a lurker over at SHH forums. There's a poster there who said Snyder cut would be coming a few months before and he's hinting at something, but doesn't say much. I guess we will see in August). I can't really see Reynold's GL in this universe..but if they are going with a whole multiverse things, a cameo is possible.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member

We've seen how powerful his senses are, and how fast he is in flight. He could track them down in seconds. Superman had to know what was going on, since he was hovering as they passed by and knew Batman was there. If he knew Batman was there, he knew what he was doing. And he never bothered looking for truck or the people on it, he could simply asked Batman for those details. Instead all he delivered was intimidating threats, scowls and flying away. Superman didn't care about apprehending those criminals.

Edit: Superman also has x-ray vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Superman man of tomorrow trailer is out. does anyone know if this animated movie is starting a new continuity of if we're just getting stand alone films?
    Recently we heard renewed confirmation that Cavill is still Superman. Details still in the making. We are in the DCEU thread. My 2nd coffee aint fully into my system yet. You add a post starting with "Superman man of tomorrow trailer is out".... I hate you.

We've seen how powerful his senses are, and how fast he is in flight. He could track them down in seconds.
    We have also seen that he gets more information that it overwhelms him. So much so, that he couldn’t even track down his own mom through all the people's screams.yeah!this was a supposed to be a scene in bvs. It isn't that simple.Superman is a creature not living in his own natural habitats. The guy has breathing problems, sensory problems and a whole host of other adaptation issues to deal with. And probably will continue to do so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    We have also seen that he gets more information that it overwhelms him. So much so, that he couldn’t even track down his own mom through all the people's screams.yeah!this was a supposed to be a scene in bvs. It isn't that simple.Superman is a creature not living in his own natural habitats. The guy has breathing problems, sensory problems and a whole host of other adaptation issues to deal with. And probably will continue to do so.
    He had control when he was an adult, this is how he was able to find Lois in B v S. Superman is a man and and a super-hero and super-heroes try to hone their powers and try to stop crimes. He knew that Batman was there but he was too unskilled to notice the criminals he says fighting a second ago? I don't buy it. If he really did have those problems as an adult the movies don't show it, or talk about it.

He had control when he was an adult, this is how he was able to find Lois in B v S. Superman is a man and and a super-hero and super-heroes try to hone their powers and try to stop crimes. He knew that Batman was there but he was too unskilled to notice the criminals he says fighting a second ago? I don't buy it. If he really did have those problems as an adult the movies don't show it, or talk about it.
    No, he was able to save lois because that's one of the anchors clark has. His mother being another. Its just one of his shtick. Superman saves lois. He needs an island. How would he know they are criminals? As far as he is concerned batman is the criminal.