Page 540 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 404404905305365375385395405415425435445505906401040 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Superman man of tomorrow trailer is out. does anyone know if this animated movie is starting a new continuity of if we're just getting stand alone films?
    No clue - I believe it is a stand alone and not the beginning of a new continuity, but others disagree. We'll see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just hope Pattinson's Batman doesn't kill anybody. Is that too much to ask for ?
    Batman killing has never been a big deal for me.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-24-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Apparently it was Whedon who really made Ezra’s Barry into the comedic “adorkable” character that we saw. I’m hoping that that aspect is really toned down in the Snyder cut. We’ll see.
    I gotta say, that scene where Flash doesn't know what to do... and Batman tells him 'Just save ONE person'... which he does, then another and another... that is probably my favorite scene in that whole movie. If Whedon did that.... more power to him. If that was Miller... Good for him. That was a great scene. Not very 'Flash'... and Not very "Barry" at all, but it was one of the few shining moments of that show.

Everything else about Miller was hot garbage... but i really enjoyed that bit. (and the superman seeing him at superspeed, but that was pretty minor and could have been done with anyone)

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Other than Reynolds' public support of the cut, I'm not sure why WB/DC would even want that. Seems like a weird thing to remind people of one of your most embarrassing bombs.
    He was involved with Catwoman? oO

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Welp, not watching WW then. What a terrible decision to not post pone a year. Not as bad as Tenet though being pushed back just a few weeks ridiculous. I like films but no way am I risking my life being cooped up indoors with a bunch of people.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It's just kind of stuck with me...

Astonishing Member

It's just kind of stuck with me...
    That’s fine, but I don’t mind Batman killing, and for myself me liking or not liking when he kills depends on the circumstance. The way the Nolan movies handled Batman killing was perfect for me — he killed when there was no other option like in the cases of Dent and Talia. Batman is interesting to me partly because he’s unwilling to kill, not that he never kills. To me, if he’s forced into a situation that really calls for it, Bats will take life by necessity but that doesn’t make him a cold blooded murderer.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-25-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

That’s fine, but I don’t mind Batman killing, and for myself me liking or not liking when it kills depends on the circumstance. The way the Nolan movies handled Batman killing was perfect for me — he killed when there was no other option. Batman interesting to me partly because he’s unwilling to kill, not that he never kills. If he’s forced into a situation that really calls for it, Bats will take life by necessity. He’s not a cold blooded murderer.
    The Nolan movies felt inconsistent to me on it, which his my problem with it. But I'm against Batman killing in general, so that's just a personal thing.

I really don't think it should be that hard to have a film where he doesn't kill people but I think audiences are too used to comic book movies definitively taking care of the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He probably didn't want to risk losing the truck so the tracking device was a precaution.

All Superman knew at the time was that Batman was a vigilante and Gotham is practically a war zone so as far as he knew, those guys were just defending themselves from Batman. That's assuming he even saw the entire sequence of events.

Yeah, but with the tracking device in place, he had no reason to follow the truck in the Batmobile. Especially because he could have destroyed the tracker when he rammed the trailer, in which case he would have lost the truck anyway.

Though he knew that Lex was the one bringing in the Kryptonite, so really all he had to do was wait for the truck to get to LexCorp anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Later on in the chase there are civilian cars they drive through, Batman doesn't blink in their presence. Has Keaton's Batman ever got anyone killed while trying to fight villains? I can't think of any incidents, unlike with Affleck's.

Can you remind me what the scene was?
    Were there civilian cars in that chase? I thought it was all thug cars, with the exception of that tanker truck.

No, you are right. In Keaton's Batman movies, the fights do show that civilians clear out pretty quickly. You could make the case that he endangered civilians when he rescued Vicki from the museum- he was leading those Joker cars all around and they were shooting indiscriminately, he caused an accident, and if anyone was on the corner when he shot the line to help the Batmobile turn the corner, they'd be cut in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    There are rumors of Ryan Reynold's GL in Snyder cut floating around.

(I don't trust it...but I am a lurker over at SHH forums. There's a poster there who said Snyder cut would be coming a few months before and he's hinting at something, but doesn't say much. I guess we will see in August). I can't really see Reynold's GL in this universe..but if they are going with a whole multiverse things, a cameo is possible.
    If it's true, it would probably be his digital double from the Green Lantern movie.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Dude! In bvs was supposed to have a scene where superman uses his senses and gets overwhelmed by the horrors of gotham city and the ****. It was deemed "too dark",Was left on the cutting floor. Hence him not using his abilities. He does the investigation. He finds out that bruce is judge, jury and executioner. Superman doesn't act like that.

Wait, in Batman v Superman THAT scene was deemed 'Too Dark'?!

As someone who never read Batman comics until far after both the Burton and Schumacher films came out, I never knew that Batman had a code against killing. I also never knew that Gordon was a major character.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Welp, not watching WW then. What a terrible decision to not post pone a year. Not as bad as Tenet though being pushed back just a few weeks ridiculous. I like films but no way am I risking my life being cooped up indoors with a bunch of people.
    What REALLY sucks is that WW84 should have come out late last year. It was Warner Brothers that made the decision to delay it 6 months so it could open in the summer. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time, but I bet they are kicking themselves now.

The Nolan movies felt inconsistent to me on it, which his my problem with it. But I'm against Batman killing in general, so that's just a personal thing.

I really don't think it should be that hard to have a film where he doesn't kill people but I think audiences are too used to comic book movies definitively taking care of the villains.

Batman never really killed in cold blood, though. He didn't save Ra's, was forced to kill Harvey to save Gordon's son, and Talia died after crashing her truck while trying to keep a nuke away from him. Selina killed Bane, and Joker and Scarecrow both went to Arkham. Everyone else he went out of his way NOT to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Just this past week seven states posted the highest rates of hospitalizations from COVID since the pandemic began. I’m not going anywhere near a theater for at least a year. The rest of the world has started to somewhat flatten the curve but the US is right back to square one because people refuse to wear masks and states reopened way too soon. WB needs to either postpone any big releases until next year or even consider sending them straight to streaming.

Batman killing was really no big deal in the 80s. No one cared. In the batman arcade game you mow down bad guys with the batmobiles guns in one level. I think it was around batman the animated series it started. (but he still let bad guys die without saving them like the joker in the batman superman crossover)

The line that kind of says it all was "it's what separates me from them." Mask of the phantasm line "walking the abyss everyday and not falling in" also pretty much says it.

But some batmans do kill. It does ask why joker is still alive if batman kills however.

Wait, in Batman v Superman THAT scene was deemed 'Too Dark'?!
    But shooting jimmy in the face 10 min into the film was fine. Also superman has used his x-ray vision in scary places and he can't use it in a dark city? Not only does that make superman a wimp it adds more dumb choices to a full list of dumb things he did in the movie. (i can throw a baseball around around the world but can't toss a stick a few feet in front of me to kill a monster) Glad that was cut.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No, superman in the movies has been actively getting people killed through branding and stuff. That was his issue.superman never played a judge. Superman doesn't try to kill. Superman doesn't try to scare. Superman doesn't try to be destructive. These things happen from his point of view and he is willing to be judged for it. To held accountable for it without losing his freedom and privacy. He can't hel what he is. Bruce on the other hand is actively doing this from Clark's perspective. Even with all that clark would have resolved it without violence had bruce been willing to listen. On top of that, a lady basically tells clark that bruce only know fighting.Ofcourse, both characters are a bit myopic. Otherwise, the fight won't be justifiable.
    Superman killed a dictator and tried to kill Lex Luthor in the movie! He killed Zod, he has no code against killing. He's a bully and a thug, and not a very smart one. He judges everyone by unknown standards. Snyder could have made a great film by putting Batman and Superman against each other by using them as mirrors of each others codes and ethics and he does nothing with it. Superman isn't a talker, or that great an investigator. He didn't even know about Wonder Woman or Diana until she revealed herself to him. They fight because Lex blackmailed Superman into killing Batman, and Superman was caught completely off-guard by Luthor at every step. If Batman wasn't there he wouldn't have any clue lex was a threat until it was too late then he would have been killed. This Superman has no accountability, and that would have been great to explore in the court scene that never happened.

If i saw batman as unaccountable . Considering, how dangerous he is. The first thing i will take out is him.Not some thugs with guns. His priority is correct.
    Superman did take him out then he left. Superman had more than enough time to search for the criminals, who were only a few blocks away. He didn't care. Superman is just as bad as Batman is, that's why he's a hypocrite in the movie. He's got a bigger bodycount than Bruce does just from Man of Steel.

Dude! In bvs was supposed to have a scene where superman uses his senses and gets overwhelmed by the horrors of gotham city and the ****. It was deemed "too dark",Was left on the cutting floor. Hence him not using his abilities. He does the investigation. He finds out that bruce is judge, jury and executioner. Superman doesn't act like that.
    That's not canon and if it was it'd be terrible canon which contradicts every other scene in the movies, since he's perfectly fine in Man of Steel and B vs S.
    At no point in those movies does he have trouble with that overwhelming him, all we get is scowling, being stoic and grim dark edginess. He could have used x-ray vision, it was Snyder's choice for him not to use it and the films never explore why he does it so he looks stupid for not using it - this is on Snyder. That's all that Superman does in these movies.

This is true. Superman is a vigilante strongman/reporter. Batman is a vigilante detective/entrepreneur. .
    And between the two batman is clearly the one who knows how to investigate things, and Lois. Superman can't even "investigate" criminals shooting up the streets under his nose.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

For people saying it's not canon. Quotes from zack snyder. This how his powers worked in both mos and bvs.
    “I think all the way – to me, from Metropolis to Smallville is probably just on the edge of his range of hearing” he explained. “Also the clutter of the city makes it difficult as well.”
    “We had a scene that we cut from the movie where he tries to look for her when he finds out that Lex has got her. It was a slightly dark scene that we cut out because it sort of represented this dark side. Because when he was looking for his mom he heard all the cries of all the potential crimes going on in the city, you know when you look.”
    “I kind of like the idea that he’s taught himself not to look because if he looks it’s just neverending, right? You have to know when, as Superman, when to intervene and when not to. Or not when not to, you can’t be everywhere at once, literally you can’t be everywhere at once, so he has to be really selective in a weird way about where he chooses to interfere.”
    City here is Gotham
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    But shooting jimmy in the face 10 min into the film was fine. Also superman has used his x-ray vision in scary places and he can't use it in a dark city? Not only does that make superman a wimp it adds more dumb choices to a full list of dumb things he did in the movie. (i can throw a baseball around around the world but can't toss a stick a few feet in front of me to kill a monster) Glad that was cut.
    Gotham is a hellhole.Who know what he sees at the same time. Rape,child molestation, abuse of everykind, horrific accidents , corruption,brutal murders, bank robbery ... Etc. Humans can be Barbaric. The darkness of the scene would entirely depend on what kal gets at the same time. Yeah! I would totally shut myself out. Especially, if I had the deep altruistic instinct like clark does to always jump in. This is'nt like daredevil who only senses two blocks or something. It's like byakugan on steroids(if you have watched naruto) .if you don't, he gets everything around for miles and miles.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-26-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Sorry but that is the dumbest excuse i heard in my life. "to much crime;" This superman is a wimp plain and simple. Didn't stop comic and cartoon superman any. Heck supes used to hang out there all the time i the 70s and 80s. It's just a dumb excuse to explain yet another mess up plot from this movie that should never have been in the movie. They could have went the "his mom was in a lead building plot" also (but in the comics superman found them as it was the only lead building in the area!) it is dumb but is better then "oh no! To much crime! Why not keep her at lexs place with kryptinate around her? It would be less dumb and they did do that in the cartoon. To much crime! Stay out of new york and chicago superman!" Just say you screwed up and move on. Superman should have found his mom in seconds.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-26-2020 at 09:06 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Sorry but that is the dumbest excuse i heard in my life. "to much crime;" This superman is a wimp plain and simple. Didn't stop comic and cartoon superman any. Heck supes used to hang out there all the time i the 70s and 80s. It's just a dumb excuse to explain yet another mess up plot from this movie that should never have been in the movie. They could have went the "his mom was in a lead building plot" also (but in the comics superman found them as it was the only lead building in the area!) it is dumb but is better then "oh no! To much crime! Why not keep her at lexs place with kryptinate around her? It would be less dumb and they did do that in the cartoon. To much crime! Stay out of new york and chicago superman!" Just say you screwed up and move on. Superman should have found his mom in seconds.
    Superman " hangs out" there in this movie as well. "Too much crime" isn't an issue. Graphically violent scenes being bombarded all the time and not being able to do much is. For instance, a guy being shredded. Moreover, There would be billions of types of signals he would be getting. The idea that he would be able to decipher and accurately pinpoint his mom is preposterous.The thing about seeing everything is that it's like seeing nothing.Also, he could have a sensonry overload.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-26-2020 at 09:04 AM.