Page 541 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 414414915315375385395405415425435445455515916411041 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 20948

Still don't buy it. Never will. Next time just use lead.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Using lead wouldn't matter mate. Clark won't be able to sense martha regardless with all the ruckus. It would be redundant. It would be like me trying to hear a person over loudspeakers with baaaad music on. Also, in that scene where clark tries to hide in a closet to get a way. He sees right through the door. Meaning door is pretty much invisible, Imagine that. He realises there is door because of the knob. It's not xray vision either. The guy seems to be able to sense a broad frequency of sounds and electromagnetic radiation. It's not that simple.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    For people saying it's not canon. Quotes from zack snyder. This how his powers worked in
    What’s that from?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    What’s that from?
    Superman/greenlantern the legend of greenflame

Well once again i woke up grumpy and posted. What i think of the movies plots or not i should not be so grouchy when i post so i'm going to have to say sorry for kind of acting like one today.

Never bought that - sure Clark can't see through lead, but the one huge lead room should be the obvious place for him to look.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Superman " hangs out" there in this movie as well. "Too much crime" isn't an issue. Graphically violent scenes being bombarded all the time and not being able to do much is. For instance, a guy being shredded. Moreover, There would be billions of types of signals he would be getting. The idea that he would be able to decipher and accurately pinpoint his mom is preposterous.The thing about seeing everything is that it's like seeing nothing.Also, he could have a sensonry overload.
    Excerpt this never is shown in the movies, aside from his time as a child. The movies themselves refute this with scenes like the oil rig, finding Batman, the Smallville battle and Zod. He never should be able to find Martha or Lois when they're in danger with that obstacle.

But shooting jimmy in the face 10 min into the film was fine. Also superman has used his x-ray vision in scary places and he can't use it in a dark city? Not only does that make superman a wimp it adds more dumb choices to a full list of dumb things he did in the movie. (i can throw a baseball around around the world but can't toss a stick a few feet in front of me to kill a monster) Glad that was cut.

God help me, but I want to defend Superman here. First, he had no idea where his mother was- he didn't know if she was in Smallville, Metropolis, or Gotham. And the Scout Ship was clearly the more dangerous situation, and it would make sense to send Clark there while Batman (the detective) would hunt down Martha. And I say that knowing he should have been able to just fly up in the air, concentrate, and locate his mother's heart beat, and that he was trusting the man who just tried to kill him in finding his mother. As for tossing the stick- the Kryptonite was clearly affecting him, and I think he was using all the power he had to fly, because he probably wasn't confident that he could throw it hard enough to penetrate Doomsday's skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Superman did take him out then he left. Superman had more than enough time to search for the criminals, who were only a few blocks away. He didn't care. Superman is just as bad as Batman is, that's why he's a hypocrite in the movie. He's got a bigger bodycount than Bruce does just from Man of Steel.
    Ok, not trying to pick a fight with you. But I have to say this:

I am so sick of everyone saying how Superman caused the deaths of millions of people in Man of Steel.

First, he was in the suit for, what- 8 hours? - before Zod and his army showed up. He had only just learned how to fly, though it did seem that he had mastered his other powers already. But he had never used them in combat before. And then, suddenly, fully trained Kryptonian soldiers show up, and he has to fight them with whatever fighting skills he's picked up, probably by watching something.

Yeah, there was a LOT of damage done in Smallville, and he caused a fair bit himself- but the bulk of that damage was done either by the other Kryptonians tossing him around, and by the military sending in Warthogs to pray and spray against them before the Kryptonians took them out and caused them to crash. And in Metropolis, the bulk of the damage that was done was caused by Zod's ship, and then by Zod himself- though Superman did cause a bit as well. But the bulk of people that were killed (including Jack) were killed by Zod's actions, and the only person we saw him kill (to save a family) was Zod himself- something that we've seen Superman do before, both in comics and in Superman II.

Sorry. Man of Steel was far from a perfect movie, but I can't stand the hate it gets sometimes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Ok, not trying to pick a fight with you. But I have to say this:

I am so sick of everyone saying how Superman caused the deaths of millions of people in Man of Steel.
    The thing is it's hard to disagree with a statement like that given the destruction we saw. I don't think he meant to do it, but people aren't any less dead. What bothers me isn't the death themselves, though they are a major thing which should be examined more in-universe, it's the fact this Superman fails to learn from his mistakes. Where other super-heroes hone in their abilities and improve in their movies, he just does whatever and never looks back on what he did wrong, whether it be fighting, stopping collateral damage or protecting civilians. He could have learnt to not be so impulsive and pay more attention to what's around him to prevent making desecration worse but this never enters his mind. For example, in Smallville he casually goes over a thrown truck which explodes behind him, in Metropolis he never takes the fact that tactic was wrong. We're never told his training or experience with fighting, either. Where did he learn how to fight evenly with experienced, elite military veterans? Why isn't he using this training to be more precise in his fights? Did he teach himself?

First, he was in the suit for, what- 8 hours? - before Zod and his army showed up. He had only just learned how to fly, though it did seem that he had mastered his other powers already. But he had never used them in combat before. And then, suddenly, fully trained Kryptonian soldiers show up, and he has to fight them with whatever fighting skills he's picked up, probably by watching something.
    This isn't solely about his fighting skills, it's how he assess situations and reacts to them, and about his priorities. He may not fought super-human combatants before but is this his first fight? If it's his first fight they should have cleaned his clock, since this is what they're done all their lives. The circumstances are never bought up again, either. We see Bruce in Metropolis during the events but that's not anyone talking to him about it.

Yeah, there was a LOT of damage done in Smallville, and he caused a fair bit himself- but the bulk of that damage was done either by the other Kryptonians tossing him around, and by the military sending in Warthogs to pray and spray against them before the Kryptonians took them out and caused them to crash. And in Metropolis, the bulk of the damage that was done was caused by Zod's ship, and then by Zod himself- though Superman did cause a bit as well. But the bulk of people that were killed (including Jack) were killed by Zod's actions, and the only person we saw him kill (to save a family) was Zod himself- something that we've seen Superman do before, both in comics and in Superman II.

Sorry. Man of Steel was far from a perfect movie, but I can't stand the hate it gets sometimes.
    The other Kryptonians are super-villains and veteran soldiers, that's to be expected. Superman's supposed to care about the world and humanity yet this isn't shown when he's fighting. This is on his choices, he's had numerous opportunities to make progress except he fails. It's not a concern to him. And we're not in his head to know why he chose those decisions. His behaviour in B vs S only made this worse and we got less insight into what he thinks.

Excerpt this never is shown in the movies, aside from his time as a child. The movies themselves refute this with scenes like the oil rig, finding Batman, the Smallville battle and Zod. He never should be able to find Martha or Lois when they're in danger with that obstacle.
    Dude, man of steel had it with the kid and island scene. Martha mentions breathing trouble clark had or has. What about oil rig?there is nothing that implies clark using his senses. Even then it's in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the ocean . There would relatably less noise . He found batman because of his signal. Funny, you mention smallville clark uses it to take zod out of commission.Also, martha was also in the farm with less people less hustle. Clark found martha because he was already on his way back to the farm. As for lois, he found lois's location if and when he knew where she would be.
    The thing is it's hard to disagree with a statement like that given the destruction we saw.
    I disagree completely. It's a bogus claim. Clark did make Mistakes. But, there was no time for moping about it. He was facing an army of superpeople whom are born and bread warriors with training on top of experience . I will let superman and one punch man answer the nonsense complaint.

Zod is doomsday in these movies.

People's complaints were really caricaturised by the show. Just because people have a skewed view of superman doesn't mean the character is actually that. Superman has, is and always will be controversial and dangerous. He will always do the right thing regardless of people petty notions. The guy should be extolled for saving all the living creatures of earth from an extinction level event, the best he could. Yet people cry and make him the villain. Well, the character isn't meant to, does care about your admiration. His entire shtick is to do the right thing. Its in the dna of the character.

If a guy like zod decides to end humanity. There would be no safe place to hide. Superman knew that, yet he lies to people and asks them to get to safety when there isn't any. A guy with superman's powerlevel and a space hitler above superman's level collided. ofcourse, there will be damage. Clark carries that "cross" with him into bvs hence the talk with pa. Moreover, the guy learned to fly, use his sense, learn to breath, adapt.. Etc. He had to face a life of adaptability isses and misery,zod says this. It was also one of the reason zod wanted to terraform earth. So that zod and crew doesn't have to go through what kal el does.

Finally, This guy actually tries to learn and get stronger.Unlike the postcrisis or donner sun god who just gets stronger without any trials or tribulations . For your earlier complaint,he did want to investigate crime wave in gotham. Perry struck it down. So, clark went arround and decided to investigate the bat vigilante.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-27-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Superman was failed by the writing. He was put in theese situations where he didn't shine by his writers. The destruction is a product of audiences loving their CGI blockbusters. I won't even try and apply in story logic to a product like Man of Steel. Funny thing the sequels and spin-offs made everything worse. Ready to let this franchise die and focus on what's coming next.

The thing is it's hard to disagree with a statement like that given the destruction we saw.
    The destruction that was caused almost entirely by Zod with Superman being at worst unable to stop it.

don't think he meant to do it, but people aren't any less dead. What bothers me isn't the death themselves, though they are a major thing which should be examined more in-universe, it's the fact this Superman fails to learn from his mistakes.
    In BvS, we see Clark fighting Doomsday away from populated areas and even punches Doomsday into the atmosphere. The only reason the fight returns to ground level is because of the missile strike.

Where other super-heroes hone in their abilities and improve in their movies, he just does whatever and never looks back on what he did wrong, whether it be fighting, stopping collateral damage or protecting civilians.
    Other superheroes either never make these mistakes or they repeat them over and over again with fans ignoring them. In their first battle, the Avengers do far more damage to New York than Clark does to either Smallville or Metropolis and in Civil War they engage in battle in populated areas, tear up a highway protecting a wanted fugitive and later trash an airport. That's not even getting into Wanda deliberately siccing the Hulk on a populated area which is far less forgivable than anything Clark does in MoS or BvS.

He could have learnt to not be so impulsive and pay more attention to what's around him to prevent making desecration worse but this never enters his mind.
    Again, see above.

For example, in Smallville he casually goes over a thrown truck which explodes behind him
    Never happens in the Smallville fight.

in Metropolis he never takes the fact that tactic was wrong. We're never told his training or experience with fighting, either.

Because he doesn't have any. Did you pay attention to the movie at all? Clark avoided fighting another person up until the Kryptonian invasion. Your arguments aren't even being consistent. You claim that Clark is both being impulsive and precise at the same time. You do know those two words mean different things right?

This isn't solely about his fighting skills, it's how he assess situations and reacts to them, and about his priorities. He may not fought super-human combatants before but is this his first fight? If it's his first fight they should have cleaned his clock, since this is what they're done all their lives.
    Both Superman and the Kryptonians are at disadvantages. Superman has never fought before and the Kryptonians aren't used to fighting with super powers. Clark also isn't going at them alone. Up until the final battle with Zod, he has the military helping him.

The other Kryptonians are super-villains and veteran soldiers, that's to be expected. Superman's supposed to care about the world and humanity yet this isn't shown when he's fighting. This is on his choices, he's had numerous opportunities to make progress except he fails. It's not a concern to him. And we're not in his head to know why he chose those decisions. His behaviour in B vs S only made this worse and we got less insight into what he thinks.
    What behavior in BvS? Where he takes the fight into the atmosphere? Where he sacrifices himself to stop Doomsday? Where he attends the Senate hearing to answer their questions something most movie superheroes don't do? Where he spends most of his screen time in the suit rescuing civilians rather than fighting anyone? Where he saved Luthor from Doomsday despite the guy kidnapping his mother, nearly killing Lois and framing Superman for murders he did not commit? The only logical way you'd come to the conclusion that Superman doesn't care about anybody is if you ignore everything he does in these movies just to focus on the destruction of Metropolis which, again, was not his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Superman was failed by the writing. He was put in theese situations where he didn't shine by his writers. The destruction is a product of audiences loving their CGI blockbusters. I won't even try and apply in story logic to a product like Man of Steel. Funny thing the sequels and spin-offs made everything worse. Ready to let this franchise die and focus on what's coming next.
    Funny, then superman wouldn't shine ever. The character's battles causing destruction comes from the premise. The guy is more powerful than physical structures that hold him, ofcourse things are going to break. Every version has done it.Fair enough, you don't think there is anything to this story. But, doesn't mean everyone else thinks so as well. There are plenty of triumphant moments like the battle in indian ocean. they are just out shadowed by what's at stake. I wouldn't deny blockbuster part.but then again, superman's introduction had him destroy a car for giggles. So, it's also part of the character.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-27-2020 at 06:54 AM.

This was back when Superhero movies were having an...interesting discussion about collateral damage. Civil War did it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This was back when Superhero movies were having an...interesting discussion about collateral damage. Civil War did it too.
    Superhero movies didn't care about collateral damage until MoS. It was all completely or largely ignored.