Page 549 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 494494995395455465475485495505515525535595996491049 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 20948
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Can't they both just be awful. The movie should have never have happened in the first place. Everything about it just continues to be trainwreck.
    in your opinion

Snyder has done nothing awful in the sense that Whedon has. he doesn’t have these type of allegations. he simply made movies people disliked

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Jon Berg has denied Fisher’s allegations of him and Johns “enabling abuse,” he also claims Fisher didn’t want say Cyborg’s catchphrase, “booyah” from the Titans cartoon.

Not a very good response.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Not a very good response.
    maybe that last bit with the booyah came up more organically in the actualy variety interview? it was very oddly placed here.

Astonishing Member

Whedon liked this tweet.

Hmm.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    just to add something about this scene. it’s actually Gal’s stunt double, because she refused to film this scene, that’s why you don’t see her face

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Just because Whedon is an all-around better film maker and creator than Snyder doesn't mean he's a better person. Besides, Whedon got dragged all over the place over his fake feminism and creepy behavior.
    Also, Snyder's use of women in his films can also be a bit problematic.
    I think the key difference is that Snyder doesn't really puff himself up and feed into the hype of being some uber feminist creator. So there are less expectations and instances of being a hypocrite when the writing doesn't land. Joss created one truly great female main character (Buffy) and surrounded her with some great female supporting characters and villains she had complicated relationships with. But even her he sort of undermined by prioritizing the arc of her sexual assaulter over her in her own damn show. Plus all the female characters he fridged over in Angel. Or the original plans for Innara in Firefly.

If all this is legit, plus stuff like his treatment of Carpenter and the stuff his ex-wife said, he comes across as a worse person than Snyder. I've soured on Snyder as a creator, but none of the actors he's worked with have given any indication he's difficult to work with or does creepy things as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Jon Berg has denied Fisher’s allegations of him and Johns “enabling abuse,” he also claims Fisher didn’t want to say Cyborg’s catchphrase, “booyaa” from the Titans cartoon.

So Booyah was post-Snyder?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Booyah was post-Snyder?
    Fisher doesn't get to dictate what he says.

If the script called for Booyaa-guess who has to say it. Especially someone who doesn't have a long resume like his co-stars.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Fisher doesn't get to dictate what he says.

If the script called for Booyaa-guess who has to say it. Especially someone who doesn't have a long resume like his co-stars.
    I'm not really questioning Fisher's issue with saying "Booyah," just whether Cyborg's catchphrase came pre or post-Snyder.

(Although if he's a genuine fan of the character, you'd kind of expect to say Booyah at some point).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

(Although if he's a genuine fan of the character, you'd kind of expect to say Booyah at some point).
    Unless he's a fan of the comics version, but not the cartoon.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

I'm not really questioning Fisher's issue with saying "Booyah," just whether Cyborg's catchphrase came pre or post-Snyder.

He may not have been a fan of the animated shows. Cyborg using that catchphrase comes from the cartoons, he didn’t say that in comics before the ‘03 cartoon. Fisher’s Cyborg strikes me as being more faithful to the more serious, broody, Cyborg from the original Marv Wolfman and George Pérez comics version than the more sassy, carefree, version from the Titans animated shows. If he really didn’t want to say it, then it’s likely because Fisher probably felt that catchphrase was simply not suitable and too corny for his more darker take on the character. Comic Victor doesn’t really say cornball catchphrases like The Thing’s, “It’s clobberin’ time!”
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-01-2020 at 05:37 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Fisher’s Cyborg has John's all over it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm seeing rumors on SHH! that Jeremy Irons told Whedon his dialogue was fucking stupid and went off to his trailer to re-write his lines himself.

I'm not confident it's true, but I hope it is because Scar telling Joss he sucks is a terrific mental image.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Only if you believe that being successful means being hollow? Like what are you even saying? How do you determine which heroes or which movies are hollow? Can something be not divisive and still not be hollow?
    If it feels like a corporate product rather than something done with passion, perspective and dedication of a person. It's hollow. Many Mcu movies are that, with few exceptions. I would take Snyder's superman movies over a massive amount of those.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think the key difference is that Snyder doesn't really puff himself up and feed into the hype of being some uber feminist creator.
    He did with Sucker Punch.

So there are less expectations and instances of being a hypocrite when the writing doesn't land. Joss created one truly great female main character (Buffy) and surrounded her with some great female supporting characters and villains she had complicated relationships with. But even her he sort of undermined by prioritizing the arc of her sexual assaulter over her in her own damn show. Plus all the female characters he fridged over in Angel. Or the original plans for Innara in Firefly.
    Yup.

If all this is legit, plus stuff like his treatment of Carpenter and the stuff his ex-wife said, he comes across as a worse person than Snyder. I've soured on Snyder as a creator, but none of the actors he's worked with have given any indication he's difficult to work with or does creepy things as a person.
    Years ago I remember there as a beef with a stunt choreography on Buffy and an allegation was that Whedon somehow hacked staff emails and reading them, but nothing came of it. How Charisma's pregnancy was responded to was childish and stupid, I lost respect for Whedon over that. The thing is that just because something hasn't come up with Snyder doesn't mean it won't, maybe he's a saint in the work place or it just hasn't been his turn. Everyone thought Whedon was fine until he wasn't.