Page 567 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 674675175575635645655665675685695705715776176671067 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 20948

Another Robin tidbit, Zach Snyder said he had plans to introduce Carrie Kelley and revealed that the dead Robin was not actually Jason Todd, but Dick Grayson. People have speculated that since Snyder sees Miller’s Dark Knight series as the ultimate Bat book (ugh) that he may have had plans to reveal Jared Letto’s Joker was actually Grayson just like in The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Either way, I’m happy WB/AT&T is moving away from his version of Batman’s world and going in a new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Another Robin tidbit, Zach Snyder said he had plans to introduce Carrie Kelley and revealed that the dead Robin was not actually Jason Todd, but Dick Grayson. People have speculated that since Snyder sees Miller’s Dark Knight series as the ultimate Bat book (ugh) that he may have had plans to reveal Jared Letto’s Joker was actually Grayson just like in The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Either way, I’m happy WB/AT&T is moving away from his version of Batman’s world and going in a new direction.
    To be honest, everything about that (aside from maybe Carrie Kelley) just rubs me the wrong way. Especially just imagining all that with Leto's joker of all people.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

That's one aspect of Snyder's vision I could do without.

Extraordinary Member

Dark Knight Returns loses a lot of its novelty not being an elseworld style story that is a departure from the status quo. It’s not meant to be the typical Batman story

Extraordinary Member

Robin has a similar problem to Green Lantern. Every fan has a favorite Robin. To me Dick or Damian are the only ones I care for. Dick is prime Batman and the classic coke version of it and Damian is the son who is down the line and has a unique dynamic for a more developed Batman. Tim is just a geekier Dick and Jason’s just an angrier Dick. They are both much better post Robin than as Robin. And even then Tim is starting to become the odd man out because he doesn’t have the special qualifier of “original”, “reckless one who died”, or “the son”.

So Idris Elba is apparently playing The Vigilante in Suicide Squad. There’s supposed to be some subplot about his young daughter. So it sounds like they just kept a lot of aspects of Will Smith’s Deadshot and tweaked a few things. If true, it’s super depressing that Idris Elba isn’t playing Bronze Tiger. Seems like a waste of great talent by just making him a stand in for Deadshot.

So Idris Elba is apparently playing The Vigilante in Suicide Squad. There’s supposed to be some subplot about his young daughter. So it sounds like they just kept a lot of aspects of Will Smith’s Deadshot and tweaked a few things. If true, it’s super depressing that Idris Elba isn’t playing Bronze Tiger. Seems like a waste of great talent by just making him a stand in for Deadshot.
    So would this be the Vigilante from that book that came out around Rebirth? I doubt he's playing Adrian Chase or Greg Saunders.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So would this be the Vigilante from that book that came out around Rebirth? I doubt he's playing Adrian Chase or Greg Saunders.
    There’s been some good Vigilante stories over the years (Alan Moore’s come to mind) but I’ve always disliked his name. Calling a vigilante “The Vigilante” isn’t very creative. It would be like calling a character The Superhero.

Been knowing this for a minute, though.

So for those of you with drive ins and mom and pop movie chains these dc comics films are playing on the big-screen right now in america.

Batman 1989
    Dark knight
    Batman begins
    Dark knight rises
    Superman the movie
    Aquaman
    Wonder woman
    Birds of prey
    Lego batman movie
    Lego movie
    Lego movie 2
    Shazam
    Joker

Not really dc but it had crossed over the 87 masters of the universe film!

Are back on the big screen.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-19-2020 at 04:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Grace Randolph interviews Zack Snyder.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

BvS focuses on Bruce Wayne more than anyone other Batman film?

Seriously, Grace?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    BvS focuses on Bruce Wayne more than anyone other Batman film?

Seriously, Grace?
    She’s just brown nosing, her audience is primarily Snyder fanboys anyway. Gotta work the crowd.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I was gonna ask if she knew that Batman Begins and Mask of the Phantasm existed, but then... it's Grace.

Astonishing Member

Id like to see a Knightfall trilogy adapted. 1) Introduce Azrael, 2) Bane breaks Batman, 3) Bruce takes Batman back from Jean Paul. Start with a veteran Batman, but not one as old as Affleck.