Page 571 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 714715215615675685695705715725735745755816216711071 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    IÂ’m still expecting weÂ’re going to get the same movie, with less jokes, a slightly healthier looking Ben Affleck, a human looking Superman, and a 6 or 7 minute time travel knightmare sequence thrown in somewhere.
    Under normal circumstances I would agree but I do expect there will be quite a few signficant differences. For example:

spoilers:
    the Snyder Cut of JL has Cyborg’s father killed.
    end of spoilers

So I think this movie will end up being a very different experience from the theatrical cut. There’s bound to be a few similarities but I suspect we’re getting an almost completely different film.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-26-2020 at 10:38 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Riiiight, i am supposed to be happy that superman is a one dimensional bull dozer that just quips. Essentially, a two face that flies.heh! This is one of the only superman which chooses to be superman. Others are either robots who dances to the whims and fancies of his parents or obligated to help because his royalty status. Doubting the world and yourself is a natural process. It means when he does make the choice, it thoroughly thought threw and his own.listen, i do get it superman did get short end of the stick when it comes to screen time in bvs. But, that's on batmania of the company. Not on this version of superman or snyder himself. Their idea is always "more batman".
    a real person, he cries and smiles, he doesn't spend his life crying like a superman in BvS, I'm so sorry, but the realistic superman is a lie.
    BvS, Batman gives Superman a historic thrashing and it's Warner's fault, but tell me where Warner was in JL, where Superman defeats the entire league, including Batman.
    ZACK SNYDER: When I think of MoS 2, I think of kryptonite and Batman (what every Superman fan wants to see), Superman dies so that Batman can lead the samurai (league).
    leaving Batman aside, because in the final match against doomsday (ENEMY OF SUPERMAN) it's ww who fights, because the entire weight of the fight is on ww, because while ww fights, superman has to be saved by lois (It wasn't enough to see him take a beating, he also had to drown), I know, it's not Snyder's fault, it's Warner's, Snyder is only guilty of the good, the bad is of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Under normal circumstances I would agree but I do expect there will be quite a few signficant differences. For example:

spoilers:
    the Snyder Cut of JL has CyborgÂ’s father killed.
    end of spoilers

So I think this movie will end up being a very different experience from theatrical cut. There’s bound to be a few similarities but I think but I suspect we’re getting an almost different film.
    spoilers:
    Not to mention the Wonder Woman sequence where, supposedly, she fails to save the hostages.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Not to mention the Wonder Woman sequence where, supposedly, she fails to save the hostages.
    end of spoilers
    This one really would have been overboard. Especially after stuff like Jimmy getting killed and the Piss jar explosion.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Edit: nevermind
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-26-2020 at 08:44 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    a real person, he cries and smiles, he doesn't spend his life crying like a superman in BvS, I'm so sorry, but the realistic superman is a lie.
    BvS, Batman gives Superman a historic thrashing and it's Warner's fault, but tell me where Warner was in JL, where Superman defeats the entire league, including Batman.
    ZACK SNYDER: When I think of MoS 2, I think of kryptonite and Batman (what every Superman fan wants to see), Superman dies so that Batman can lead the samurai (league).
    leaving Batman aside, because in the final match against doomsday (ENEMY OF SUPERMAN) it's ww who fights, because the entire weight of the fight is on ww, because while ww fights, superman has to be saved by lois (It wasn't enough to see him take a beating, he also had to drown), I know, it's not Snyder's fault, it's Warner's, Snyder is only guilty of the good, the bad is of others.
    Riiigt as if you are gonna fit a person's entire life into a movie. Snyder showed what he deemed necessary for the story. Btw, he was getting married and happy with his job.historic thrashing? Dude, superman has been batman's bitch since darkknight returns. He is treated as such as well. Its not anything new.Snyder made batman, the bad guy aka the villain.bruce was just xenophobic. You should be thankfull snyder didn't adapt darkknight returns or that awful animated batman/superman worlds finest nonsense. He changed it.
    Nope!snyder was thinking of lex, doomsday and kryptonite,being dumped into wayne manor. Which just blew up into this thing.
    Ww didn't fight as much as superman. Who took doomsday to space? Who had beam battle with doomsday? Who punched him into an explosion and took a nuclear attack? Wonder woman cut doomsday's hand of, which ultimately was bad. She failed to restrain doomsday, which lead to superman's death. Where did she save superman, again? It's the opposite superman reminded her of steve's death. She failed with both steve and clark. No, it is Snyder's fault as well. But, hey! Unless you are Christopher nolan you don't get to fully dictate what goes and what is in.Not to mention the thing was cut to pieces from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This one really would have been overboard. Especially after stuff like Jimmy getting killed and the Piss jar explosion.
    I like optimistic heroes failing and still keeping going than them being "ha! Ha! Ha!". I understand that's not for everyone. But, i like that there is actual consequences.Not just, "the day is saved thanks to powerpuff girls". With snyder, this is what you sign up for.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-26-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Damn it, with over two new pages of posts I had hoped that DC had released some sort of movie news. Nope, just people arguing over Man of Steel again.

BANNED

Riiigt as if you are gonna fit a person's entire life into a movie. Snyder showed what he deemed necessary for the story. Btw, he was getting married and happy with his job.historic thrashing? Dude, superman has been batman's bitch since darkknight returns. He is treated as such as well. Its not anything new.Snyder made batman, the bad guy aka the villain.bruce was just xenophobic. You should be thankfull snyder didn't adapt darkknight returns or that awful animated batman/superman worlds finest nonsense. He changed it.
    Nope!snyder was thinking of lex, doomsday and kryptonite,being dumped into wayne manor. Which just blew up into this thing.
    Ww didn't fight as much as superman. Who took doomsday to space? Who had beam battle with doomsday? Who punched him into an explosion and took a nuclear attack? Wonder woman cut doomsday's hand of, which ultimately was bad. She failed to restrain doomsday, which lead to superman's death. Where did she save superman, again? It's the opposite superman reminded her of steve's death. She failed with both steve and clark. No, it is Snyder's fault as well. But, hey! Unless you are Christopher nolan you don't get to fully dictate what goes and what is in.Not to mention the thing was cut to pieces from the beginning.

I like optimistic heroes failing and still keeping going than them being "ha! Ha! Ha!". I understand that's not for everyone. But, i like that there is actual consequences.Not just, "the day is saved thanks to powerpuff girls". With snyder, this is what you sign up for.
    In BvS, Superman is a crybaby, hiding with his mother, he is a pathetic guy. You say he turned Batman into the villain, because he distrusts Superman and wants to kill him, he looks like a villain until you think of Superman and everything around him, Superman destroys Batman's car, lets criminals escape, brings zod and day of the doomsday (no superman, no zod, no doomsday) basically a being from another planet, who has brought his problems to earth and destroys cities to solve it, from what has been seen in MoS and BvS, La Earth is a quiet place, until Superman and his friends appear. Superman and Batman have faced each other countless times, and many have won Batman but many other Superman, but Snyder adapts the most humiliating and fan-hated fight, clearly Superman fans care a lot for him. Superman takes Doomsdya into space (did not help), Superman gets an atomic blast (Superman half dead, doomsday stronger) not that Superman was very good. ww comes face-to-face with doomsday, something that Superman couldn't do, because it was so pointless that when he tried, doomsday pushed him away like a mosquito, while ww fights, superman had to be saved by Lois.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    In BvS, Superman is a crybaby, hiding with his mother, he is a pathetic guy. You say he turned Batman into the villain, because he distrusts Superman and wants to kill him, he looks like a villain until you think of Superman and everything around him, Superman destroys Batman's car, lets criminals escape, brings zod and day of the doomsday (no superman, no zod, no doomsday) basically a being from another planet, who has brought his problems to earth and destroys cities to solve it, from what has been seen in MoS and BvS, La Earth is a quiet place, until Superman and his friends appear. Superman and Batman have faced each other countless times, and many have won Batman but many other Superman, but Snyder adapts the most humiliating and fan-hated fight, clearly Superman fans care a lot for him. Superman takes Doomsdya into space (did not help), Superman gets an atomic blast (Superman half dead, doomsday stronger) not that Superman was very good. ww comes face-to-face with doomsday, something that Superman couldn't do, because it was so pointless that when he tried, doomsday pushed him away like a mosquito, while ww fights, superman had to be saved by Lois.
    Applauds! Dude, alien in hiding. That's kind of superman's whole deal. Oh! the irony. dude, the only one who seem bent out of shape here is you. Clark talked to his mother about bullshit treatment he got from people. What a crybaby, indeed. /s
    Superman destroying a cars of assholes and jerks is his m. O. Ever heard of action comics#1. Just be glad, superman didn't give hang batman by his pants on some tower, high up. Yeah! He used to do that. Oh! Please, as if criminals in gotham is something unique. If one escapes, there isn't much difference. Besides bruce himself doesn't care. Why should you? As if superman would know those were the bad guys and not the nutjob blowing up things for giggles in batcostume with a flying tank. Riight, zod would have came to earth regardless of superman. He was searching for suitable worlds for terraforming. Besides, as if clark knew that would happen. Dude! Those problems existed before superman. There was a freaking war between gods. There was darkseid attacking earth. Kal L and scoutships mere existence was earths defence. Otherwise, earth would have been a hellhole made by darkseid. Puhlease, superman has done squat. He falls for the "i threw a green rock at him" killer croc logic 90% of the time. He is basically made into a naive, boyscout, goody two shoes personand sometimes a stooge or a dictator just so people can get their "kewl", "edgy", "uncorruptable" batman. Riiiight, fans hate darkknight return. Which ones?i have only seen superman fan being butthurt by it. I tend to agree. Miller wrote superman the way he did because superman was portrayed as such. Wonderwoman did what? She got punched into a boulder. She didn't do much. Riiight, superman being a superpowered mosquito must be why he was able to lift doomsday of from earth, stop his punch easily, send him to space... Etc. Actually, you are right. Superman is an insect. He is more like ants, grasshoppers... Etc though.

BANNED

Applauds! Dude, alien in hiding. That's kind of superman's whole deal. Oh! the irony. dude, the only one who seem bent out of shape here is you. Clark talked to his mother about bullshit treatment he got from people. What a crybaby, indeed. /s
    Superman destroying a cars of assholes and jerks is his m. O. Ever heard of action comics#1. Just be glad, superman didn't give hang batman by his pants on some tower, high up. Yeah! He used to do that. Oh! Please, as if criminals in gotham is something unique. If one escapes, there isn't much difference. Besides bruce himself doesn't care. Why should you? As if superman would know those were the bad guys and not the nutjob blowing up things for giggles in batcostume with a flying tank. Riight, zod would have came to earth regardless of superman. He was searching for suitable worlds for terraforming. Besides, as if clark knew that would happen. Dude! Those problems existed before superman. There was a freaking war between gods. There was darkseid attacking earth. Kal L and scoutships mere existence was earths defence. Otherwise, earth would have been a hellhole made by darkseid. Puhlease, superman has done squat. He falls for the "i threw a green rock at him" killer croc logic 90% of the time. He is basically made into a naive, boyscout, goody two shoes personand sometimes a stooge or a dictator just so people can get their "kewl", "edgy", "uncorruptable" batman. Riiiight, fans hate darkknight return. Which ones?i have only seen superman fan being butthurt by it. I tend to agree. Miller wrote superman the way he did because superman was portrayed as such. Wonderwoman did what? She got punched into a boulder. She didn't do much. Riiight, superman being a superpowered mosquito must be why he was able to lift doomsday of from earth, stop his punch easily, send him to space... Etc. Actually, you are right. Superman is an insect. He is more like ants, grasshoppers... Etc though.
    action comic new 52, ​​I loved it because it showed a clark, brave, sure, a clark that treated criminals, like criminals, not like children (speeches, I hate speeches), so a clark that took the batmobile ( In the style of action comic 1) I would have loved, but it is a reason for Batman to see him as an enemy. the snyder universe (snyder movies) has had 2 movies, in 2, the villains are on earth because of clark, in addition to the possible future in which he destroys the earth = without superman, the earth is better, at least for now. wonder woman struggled with doomsday, superman used his speed to grab onto doomsday and take it to space, then he used the mink warms up, but not a punch in condition, not forgetting that it is a superman movie, ww was just an extra, or do you think that Superman will appear in the possible Wonder Woman 3, he will fight the villain at least as well as Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Superman snaps necks, Batman mows people down with guns, and of course Snyder decides to open up his JL movie with that scene for WW.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superman snaps necks, Batman mows people down with guns, and of course Snyder decides to open up his JL movie with that scene for WW.
    I can see people defending it as not being different than the villagers getting killed in Wonder Woman, but that at least was book ended by some triumphant heroic scenes in a movie that overall was able to juggle seriousness and lightness pretty wel.

This would be almost farcical coming after the events of BvS.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    He can be human and have moments of weakness and talk to his friends and families about his doubts, this is what he’s supposed to do. Snyder’s doesn’t do this as much as he should. He’ll make a sad expression but he won’t talk to anyone about his feelings so we know what he’s thinking. Batman does this with Alfred in B vs S.

It’s about the context, this Superman did not do anything like that in the DCEU.
    The level of success in the execution of these scenes is largely subjective, but their existence is not.

I think we could have definitely used more, but they weren't non-existent.

Astonishing Member

No, just enough to know to get ing their head - this is what Hollywood does. Snyder himself does it in B vs S with Batman. It wasn't perfect, but he feels more like a 3 dimensional person than Superman does. Snyder doing something in a movie isn't the last word on the subject, he's not a deity on movie making. Every director gets scrutiny, even Nolan himself. Please read more comics than DKR. Miler's warped version of Superman isn't all that can be done with Superman, it was a deconstruction and I don't think he liked Superman very much. Batman's an antagonist, the villain was Lex Luthor. That's why they team up later on. Snyder changed many, many things - that's why his DCEU movies are controversial to fans of those characters. The strange thing is that while Snyder's main Batman influence is DKR he didn't get that, either. His Batman is a more extreme caricature of that Batman. How can you not like World's Finest?

Wonder Woman did pretty good against Doomsday on her own, not as great as Superman but you're dismissing her achievements. The fact she wasn't able to restrain Doomsday didn't make her responsible for Superman's death. The battle would have been even more difficult without her there. May as well call Superman a failure because he died while the others lived. Batman reminded her about Steve, Superman didn't know who she was and barely spoke to her in B vs S.

Snyder is very proud of both versions of B vs S, the Ultimate Edition only adds 30 minutes and barely changes anything substantial.

There are no "optimistic" heroes in his movies. He made Wonder Woman a depressing recluse who only reappeared to get rid of a photo! There's more to stories than what you're talking about, too. Did you think Nolan's Batman trilogy was light hearted? There's numerous jokes in those movies. Other movies allowed for consequences occurring without killing off their heroes actual supporting cast.

Do people think Snyder is the only director that has had superheroes killing villains or failing to save people?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    There are no "optimistic" heroes in his movies. He made Wonder Woman a depressing recluse who only reappeared to get rid of a photo!
    Diana wasn't a recluse in BvS nor did she even act depressed. Being optimistic also doesn't mean not having moments of doubt and depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Damn it, with over two new pages of posts I had hoped that DC had released some sort of movie news. Nope, just people arguing over Man of Steel again.
    It wouldn't be a DC movie thread (or any type of DC related thread) if people weren't whining about the Snyder movies.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-26-2020 at 10:39 PM.