Page 575 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 754755255655715725735745755765775785795856256751075 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I said replaced, not reboot or origin. Just recast and skip the origin.
    Basically do what Reeves is doing, I agree. I don’t see JJ Abrams on that list, so maybe the rumors about him rebooting the character are bs. Guess we’ll see.

Restarting at the hero’s “year 2” seems to have become a successful alternative when it comes to rebooting superheroes. Thought it worked well for Incredible Hulk and Spider-Man Homecoming, even Batman 89.

Astonishing Member

Steppenwolf’s Snyder Cut design revealed on Vero!

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Meh. Really not impressed by any of the interpretations of the Kirby stuff in these movies. Hopefully the New Gods film does a better job translating his art.

That looks so ugly, Jesus. Nothing of Kirby in that, he looks like a Bayformer.

Honestly I like the other one better. He looks like a decepticon. Seriously if we were using a lapdog of Darkseid, why not the furies or Kalibak? Or even better Granny Goodness? Who cares about Steppenwolf? I’ll even take desaad over him. He’s the bottom of the fourth world barrel.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

That's hardly less of an eyesore than what we got.

A combo of CGI and practical make up effects would look better.

Looks like a Xenomorph if a Face-Hugger impregnated a body builder.

Poor Steppenwolf. No ones favorite Fourth World character and looks bad whether Snyder or Whedon.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Looks like a Xenomorph if a Face-Hugger impregnated a body builder.

Poor Steppenwolf. No ones favorite Fourth World character and looks bad whether Snyder or Whedon.
    I mean his old design is pretty goofy but charming its way.
    This CGI demon thrown up onto the screen (in either scenario) is hardly an improvement,

If they needed him gritty, I thought the Nicola Scott design was way cooler. But like someone else said I wouldn't have used Steppenwolf to begin with.

Eh, I like it better than the Whedon version of Steppenwolf, which I thought looked silly and had poor CGI. He really didn’t look intimidating until the end when he was charged up.

Obviously nothing about this says Kirby’s Fourth World but I’m not upset about it as Steppenwolf is one of the least developed New Gods and never really had a great design to begin with (though I like Kirby’s redesign for the Super Powers series). He has an axe, so that’s really all he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Steppenwolf’s Snyder Cut design revealed on Vero!

He looks like an alien. I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negative for the design but it doesn't really fit for a New God in my opinion.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That looks so ugly, Jesus. Nothing of Kirby in that, he looks like a Bayformer.
    Dude! He is an alien. Moreover, nothing in theatrical cut screamed kirby either. It was pure blah!i want something menacing.Not, something that's doesn't feel like a threat. Furthermore, the face isn't fully revealed and that's his helmet. I can't believe people prefer the old design which was purely boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I mean his old design is pretty goofy but charming its way.
    I didn't see anything charming about it. It was just goofy. And goofyness isn't what i am looking for.I want something badass for superman to kick.

This was steppenwolf in bvs.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-08-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Dude! He is an alien. Moreover, nothing in theatrical cut screamed kirby either. It was pure blah!i want something menacing.Not, something that's doesn't feel like a threat. Furthermore, the face isn't fully revealed and that's his helmet. I can't people prefer the old design which was purely boring.
    I don't know about boring, but it felt more streamlined and sleeker. Not that I loved it, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Dude! He is an alien. Moreover, nothing in theatrical cut screamed kirby either. It was pure blah!i want something menacing.Not, something that's doesn't feel like a threat. Furthermore, the face isn't fully revealed and that's his helmet. I can't people prefer the old design which was purely boring.

I didn't see anything charming about it. It was just goofy. And goofyness isn't what i am looking for.I want something badass for superman to kick.

This was steppenwolf in bvs.So this will be what they are going for.
    Dude guess what: Both Snyder and Whedon’s designs suck.