Page 58 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162681081585581058 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqaj4shDKEY/?

Margot Robbie posting a picture of the Birds of Prey script.
    Haha, that title’s just a joke right? Right?

Wow and I thought "Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps" was a mouthful.

Mighty Member

Good signs all around. They're lifting the embargo super early and this:

https://deadline.com/2018/11/aquaman...ts-1202505552/

The James Wan-directed Dec. 21 release, is Atom Tickets’ top advance ticket seller ever in its first 24 hours, beating the previous 24-hour ticket sales record set by Avengers: Infinity War earlier this year.
    Per Fandango:

#Aquaman's first day of pre-sales has eclipsed Venom's first day of sales on Fandango.

Well, at least it's in character for Harley Quinn

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I want to hate Harley's presence in this film but it sounds promising so far I guess. The fight choreographers from John Wick made it more interesting.

Felt inevitable that the BoP movie was going to put Harley Quinn in the title to market it. The movie exists to promote Harley Quinn after all.

I'll say here what I said on Margot Robbie's Instagram:

Margot, I loved you in Suicide Sqaud, but this movie looks like a complete train wreck. They cast Rene too old, Cassandra too young; they cast the black character as a white woman and the white character as a black woman, and if Harley F'n Quinn was going to be in this movie, it should have been the Gotham City Sirens vs the Birds of Prey.

After thinking for a bit, I blame this movie's existence on the fact that they announced a dozen movies that will probably never get made, and in the propcess tied up characters that could have been used in this movie. If you want a Birds of Prey movie, you need Barbara Gordon. But you wont get her because they announced a Batgirl movie that has now completely stalled. I'm willing to bet Catwoman is tied up in the Batman movie, and Poision Ivy is probably tied up in Suicide Squad 2 until the roster gets ironed out by Gunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqaj4shDKEY/?

Margot Robbie posting a picture of the Birds of Prey script.
    I know Margot Robbie was a driving force for this movie, and it's basically a Harley Quinn vehicle, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

I feel bad for Dinah, Helena, Montoya, and Cass at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Margot Robbie was a driving force for this movie, and it's basically a Harley Quinn vehicle, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

I feel bad for Dinah, Helena, Montoya, and Cass at this point...
    The DC films so far with the exception of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Captain Marvel feel like vehicles to promote characters/other movies instead of exploring those characters. BoP feels like the most egregious example since BVS.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'll say here what I said on Margot Robbie's Instagram:

Margot, I loved you in Suicide Sqaud, but this movie looks like a complete train wreck. They cast Rene too old, Cassandra too young; they cast the black character as a white woman and the white character as a black woman, and if Harley F'n Quinn was going to be in this movie, it should have been the Gotham City Sirens vs the Birds of Prey.

After thinking for a bit, I blame this movie's existence on the fact that they announced a dozen movies that will probably never get made, and in the propcess tied up characters that could have been used in this movie. If you want a Birds of Prey movie, you need Barbara Gordon. But you wont get her because they announced a Batgirl movie that has now completely stalled. I'm willing to bet Catwoman is tied up in the Batman movie, and Poision Ivy is probably tied up in Suicide Squad 2 until the roster gets ironed out by Gunn.
    Pretty much this. The casting has completely dissipated any excitement I once had for this movie.

Fantastic Member

Loved that title lol. I’m pretty sure this is my most anticipated DC film after WW2. Everything has been perfect so far.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The DC films so far with the exception of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Captain Marvel feel like vehicles to promote characters/other movies instead of exploring those characters. BoP feels like the most egregious example since BVS.
    BOP is ensemble film. They're not going to explore any one character in a team film the way they would in a solo film.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    BOP is ensemble film. They're not going to explore any one character in a team film the way they would in a solo film.
    Yeh, they would explore multiple characters.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Yeah pre sales are going strong. This could be another wonder woman type movie. (think about how much more it would made if it was on any other weekend! It's still going to do well but could have done so much more) It's funny if this is a huge hit that the two big dc hits would be aquaman and wonder woman while batman and superman are not! Would you have thought that 10 year ago?

Wait.

While Warner Bros.' Aquaman, will undoubtedly face heavy competition from the likes of Disney's Mary Poppins Returns, Sony's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and Paramount's Bumblebee next month, if these advance ticket sales are anything to go by, then the underwater DC adventure may have little-to-nothing to worry about.

Fandango has announced today that within twenty-four hours of tickets officially becoming available yesterday, Aquaman has already managed to eclipse pre-sales for both Sony's Venom ($80.2M opening) and Paramount's critically-acclaimed Mission: Impossible - Fallout ($61.2M opening).

While advance ticket sales are not always an exact indicator of what might happen on opening weekend, this turnout is definitely a promising sign for the studio moving forward, especially after the hit they took on Justice League, as it seems that fans all across the country are still very enthusiastic about seeing the next chapter in their still-burgeoning DC cinematic universe.

Meanwhile, Atom Tickets is reporting that the James Wan-directed superhero feature is now their top advance ticket seller ever in its first 24 hours, topping the record set by Avengers: Infinity War earlier this year. However, it should be noted that these numbers are slightly inflated due to the inclusion of tickets sold for the recently-announced Amazon Prime early screenings on December 15.
    Looks like a lot of the big boost came from the amazon showing and it's throwing things off!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquam...ickets-a164861