Page 580 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 804805305705765775785795805815825835845906306801080 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like I heard of this before, but could you explain?
    During Ray's initial redaction of his praise for Whedon, when he claimed Johns enabled his behavior, someone one of the Twitter threads said Johns made some inappropriate remarks towards her when she was a teen. In light of what we know of certain other creators, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility unfortunately.

But:

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It doesn't appear there was anything to it.
    A bit of a relief if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ray Fisher now says that Geoff Johns made veiled threats about his career.
    Cancel Geoff Johns
    I think this should be a way bigger story but since it seems likely that nobody believes Ray Fisher this is gonna be swept under the rug

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I think this should be a way bigger story but since it seems likely that nobody believes Ray Fisher this is gonna be swept under the rug
    Unless the allegations can be proven in court, what's been alleged isn't severe enough to garner that much attention. It'd be one thing if Johns was being accused of racism or sexual assault, but "He made veiled threats to my career" is kind of nebulous. Unless he has recordings, of course.

For what it's worth, I do believe Ray. But people are gonna need something more concrete, and even in court I'm sure Johns' legal team could argue the "veiled threat" was a misunderstanding or taken out of context.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am certainly no expert here, but I think what Johns was telling Fisher was correct, that if he kept making noise about Whedon, he'd be labeled as difficult and harm his own career.

That doesn't make Fisher wrong for bringing his problems with Whedon to the attention of the producers, he was doing what he was supposed to do. However, Johns has been around Hollywood long enough to know that things had never worked the way it was supposed to and was perhaps trying to warn Fisher off from torpedoing his career.

But, what do I know?

Regardless of the accusations, Johns will still be at Fandome.

If WB didn’t fire Heard and Ezra for what they did, or part ways with Affleck after his infidelity, they aren’t parting ways with Johns. Especially not after his involvement with Aquaman, WW1984, and Three Jokers #1 selling 300k.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If WB didn’t fire Heard and Ezra for what they did, or part ways with Affleck after his infidelity, they aren’t parting ways with Johns. Especially not after his involvement with Aquaman, WW1984, and Three Jokers #1 selling 300k.
    It wouldn't matter if the accusation and evidence were serious enough, but fortunately for Johns the evidence didn't back up the accusation.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

All dc universe app shows will move to hbo max.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-universe-cont...o-max-jim-lee/

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Regardless of the accusations, Johns will still be at Fandome.

I'm curious to see what we get out of The Flash, Shazam, and Black Adam panels.

Was Wan ever confirmed to also be directing Aquaman 2? Or is he confirmed as a producer at least? He might reveal some stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Cancel Geoff Johns
    What did Johns say,
    "Say 'Booyah' of you're fired"?
    I'm gonna need a little bit more than that, Ray.
    Also, Johns was demoted from his producer role at DC Films.

I'm curious to see what we get out of The Flash, Shazam, and Black Adam panels.

Was Wan ever confirmed to also be directing Aquaman 2? Or is he confirmed as a producer at least? He might reveal some stuff there.
    DC’s Twitter account seems to say he’ll be directing Aquaman 2: https://twitter.com/dccomics/status/...970568704?s=21

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DC’s Twitter account seems to say he’ll be directing Aquaman 2: https://twitter.com/dccomics/status/...970568704?s=21
    Yeah, he was confirmed for the sequel since the first movie came out. He wanted to direct the horror Malignant before Aquaman 2 hence the movie will come after 4 years the first one.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-15-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, he was confirmed for the sequel since the first movie came out. He wanted to direct the horror Malignant before Aquaman 2 hence the movie will come after 4 years the first one.
    It sure is a long wait, but I'd wait a decade for James Wan to come back for AQUAMAN 2 if I had to. AQUAMAN was amazing, he should be given a blank check to continue.

Infinity Studio has released a look at its life-sized rendition of Jason Momoa’s upper torso as it appeared in the theatrical release of Justice League.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/did-you-ever...son-1844729133

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.