Page 583 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 834835335735795805815825835845855865875936336831083 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's hard to believe there's been more news about Batman's role in this movie than there has been the for the actual titular character.

So...Affleck pre-Flashpoint, Keaton post-Flashpoint? Or is Keaton Flashpoint Batman?
    Not at all as far as we know. This movie involves the multiverse and sets it up as the foundation of the DCEU moving forward.
    https://www.cbr.com/the-flash-multiv...matic-bedrock/

Micheal Keaton is the Batman of Earth-89. Affleck is the Batman from the main DCEU universe which hasn't been named.

This was all set up on the COIE crossover.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 08-20-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    On one hand I agree it's surprising but on the other I should've expected it. Opening up the multiverse just seems like DC's way of just adding more Batmen wherever possible.

But then again when stuff like Shazam and Doom Patrol are underperforming I can't expect DC not to use the one thing that will consistently make them money. Not to say Flash couldn't have done numbers by himself, but for DC that's all the more reason to throw in a few Batmen for even more money.
    To be honest, this is kind of what I was expecting when they kept putting so much emphasis on adapting Flashpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Not at all as far as we know. This movie involves the multiverse and sets it up as the foundation of the DCEU moving forward.

Micheal Keaton is the Batman of Earth-89. Affleck is the Batman from the main DCEU universe which hasn't been named.

I'm...not sure I see it.

Not sure you see what? Crisis established Keaton as the Batman of Earth-89.

The linked article even mentions Crisis by name.

"The Flash will explore multiple alternate realities during the course of its story, particularly the universe of Michael Keaton's Batman."

"Miller's Flash first crossed dimensions during The CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover, where he met that universe's Barry Allen (Grant Gustin). "
    Last edited by Midnighter; 08-20-2020 at 06:14 PM.

On one hand I agree it's surprising but on the other I should've expected it. Opening up the multiverse just seems like DC's way of just adding more Batmen wherever possible.

But then again when stuff like Shazam and Doom Patrol are underperforming I can't expect DC not to use the one thing that will consistently make them money. Not to say Flash couldn't have done numbers by himself, but for DC that's all the more reason to throw in a few Batmen for even more money.
    When did Doom Patrol get a movie? Do you mean Birds of Prey?

Honestly the under performances are down to lack of marketing and DC not pushing its other heroes enough. I think Shazam 2 wil have a huge increase at the box office as so many have seen and enjoyed it outside the theatre.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I liked Batfleck and it would be cool to see his character get closure, though WB keeping Miller and turning this into a Flashpoint movie makes me worried about the future of the Flash in the eyes of mainstream audiences.

I'd assume Keaton will just be playing Tomas Wayne from Flashpoint. Even if an article says he's playing Bruce that could just be misinformation, intentional or unintentional. I think Keaton would be pretty badass as Tommy Wayne personally.

Either way, I generally don't enjoy DC's movies (outside of a few exceptions) and if they're just doing Flashpoint it sounds like another DC film I can happily skip.

I'd love to see Fisher return to play Flashpoint's Cyborg, but I'm not interested in a reboot of a shared universe I already didn't care about. And this is supposed to be a Flash movie, yet we're getting at least two Batmen? Yeah, I saw what happened to Superman's "sequel" when Batman got involved. My sympathy to Flash fans; they'll be lucky if Barry gets ten lines of dialogue in the whole thing.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-20-2020 at 07:03 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Shazam 2 didn’t underperform at all. It had a higher profit margin than MOS which is why it’s getting a sequel and Superman isn’t.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Would love to see this finally confirm that they do plan to continue shared universe DCEU with Affleck having his own film or mini series while the Matt Reeves picture just is an elseworlds like Joker.

I don’t think it would be a good idea to have Keaton play Thomas Wayne. His Batman, though released back in 89, is still very fresh in the mind of the general public as its seen by many as the best Batman portrayal. I think it would be kind of confusing to not have him as just an older version of Bruce.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don’t think it would be a good idea to have Keaton play Thomas Wayne. His Batman, though released back in 89, is still very fresh in the mind of the general public as its seen by many as the best Batman portrayal. I think it would be kind of confusing to not have him as just an older version of Bruce.
    This movie potentially has multiple versions of Batman going while we are getting a reboot Batman film a year prior to release. I'd say worrying about what is confusing to the audience is out the window.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    This movie potentially has multiple versions of Batman going while we are getting a reboot Batman film a year prior to release. I'd say worrying about what is confusing to the audience is out the window.
    If they can get Cavill back, I'd be cool with one last crack at a shared universe & team up blockbuster. This cast (mostly) deserves it, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's hard to believe there's been more news about Batman's role in this movie than there has been the for the actual titular character.

So...Affleck pre-Flashpoint, Keaton post-Flashpoint? Or is Keaton Flashpoint Batman?
    Not really when the titular character is played by Ezra Miller.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Shazam 2 didn’t underperform at all. It had a higher profit margin than MOS which is why it’s getting a sequel and Superman isn’t.
    Shazam is overall my favourite DCEU movie. Not as boring as Aquaman or JL and not brought down by his shoved in 3rd act like WW. Look what a small budget and some humor can add.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    It seems WB wants the fans to forget about him

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post

Wonder if this is why after CW’s crisis they had “Earth prime” get locked away from the rest of the multiverse so the movies can play with it, and basically set up their own rules since the last one got Anti-Monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    .....what? How does that make any sense?

So He’s coming back as Batman alongside Michael Keaton who will also play Batman. Let’s not forget that somehow Robert Pattinson will fit into all this somehow.
    Pattinson won't fit into this at all - like JOKER his film will be it's own separate thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Flash movie. Three Batmen in it. This tracks. Every day it becomes so much more apparent how lucky the Wonder Woman IP is that Patty Jenkins showed up.
    Two Batmen, not three. Pattinson won't be in this. And Flashpoint, which this is loosely adapting, had two Batmen so it does technically track.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Don't tell me, they are going to do a hundred different versions of batman like metal.
    Anyways, I think this is going to be a flashpoint. Affleck batman will be the current batman. Then flash goes back saves mother.Which leads to Michael keaton batman.Flash fixes his mess. Ben affleck batman gets the letter. We cut to the early life of "The batman" in the next movie.
    The Batman is actually coming out before this not after, so it won't be setting that movie up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Keaton probably will play Thomas, then reality reboots with Robert Pattinson Batman.
    There's no reason to believe Pattinson's Batman is getting forced into the shared universe so I don't know why people are bringing it up.

I thought the Doom Patrol series was popular for their DC streaming service?
    Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Would love to see this finally confirm that they do plan to continue shared universe DCEU with Affleck having his own film or mini series while the Matt Reeves picture just is an elseworlds like Joker.
    Same. I know that I've made it obvious I'm not a huge fan of their shared universe as a whole (individual movies not withstanding, loved WW, AM, Shazam, and BOP), and I'm far more excited for their non-continuity films like JOKER and The Batman, but I won't lie I love me some Batfleck and if they can get him to continue on going forward I will be so hyped!
    I mean I expect this will be just his send off film or whatever, but no harm keeping my fingers crossed!
    (Well, not literally - I mean if I actually kept them crossed that long I'd get carpal tunnel for sure.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Am I the only one that likes his Flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Wonder if this is why after CW’s crisis they had “Earth prime” get locked away from the rest of the multiverse so the movies can play with it, and basically set up their own rules since the last one got Anti-Monitored.
    I really don't see the movies ever acknowledging the CW characters/shows ever. Maybe we see Ezra meet Gustin in that one crossover scene at most.