Page 584 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 844845345745805815825835845855865875885946346841084 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 20948

I can see them keeping the “Earth 89” label for Keaton’s Batman. DCEU I imagine will be the new Earth 1.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 08-21-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Don't tell me, they are going to do a hundred different versions of batman like metal.
    Anyways, I think this is going to be a flashpoint. Affleck batman will be the current batman. Then flash goes back saves mother.Which leads to Michael keaton batman.Flash fixes his mess. Ben affleck batman gets the letter. We cut to the early life of "The batman" in the next movie.
    It's been evident the Pattinson isn't a prequel for quite some time.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's been evident the Pattinson isn't a prequel for quite some time.
    I didn't mean a prequel, more like a reboot that ties batfleck and the batman. A small wink wink tie in that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I didn't mean a prequel, more like a reboot that ties batfleck and the batman. A small wink wink tie in that's it.
    They're not going to tie in a previous version to the reboot. Different worlds entirely.

I love Flashpoint is already making things more complicated .

The plot thickens! The investigation has apparently been going on since July and hasn't turned up anything yet.
    https://deadline.com/2020/08/warnerm...ts-1203019064/

Deadline has confirmed that WarnerMedia has had an ongoing investigation being conducted on the Justice League production ever since Cyborg star Ray Fisher tweeted back on July 1 about director Joss Whedon’s “gross, abusive” conduct on set. By no means was the investigation recently launched, I understand, despite Fisher’s recent tweets today which we expound on below.

“Joss Whedon’s on-set treatment of the cast and crew of Justice League was gross, abusive, unprofessional and completely unacceptable. He was enabled, in many ways, by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg. Accountability>Entertainment,” Fisher tweeted back in July. This was alarming news considering Fisher’s thumbs up about Whedon at 2017 Comic-Con. The actor tweeted out that video footage of himself saying “I’d like to take a moment and forcefully retract every bit of this statement.”

A source with knowledge at the studio tells us that no findings have been made yet, and to preserve the integrity of the investigation, the company will not conduct its investigation in the public sphere. There’s no specific timeline to the investigation, other than being thorough and efficient. WarnerMedia has not pre-judged Joss Whedon or Justice League producers Geoff Johns, or Jon Berg, and I hear that the inquiry is not limited to them.

Today, Fisher tweeted, “After 5 weeks of interviews with various cast/crew, @WarnerMedia as officially launched an independent third-party investigation to get to the heart of the toxic and abusive work environment created during Justice League reshoots. This is a MASSIVE step forward!”

He continued, “I believe this investigation will show that Geoff Johns, Joss Whedon, Jon Berg (and others) grossly abused their power during the uncertainty of AT&T’s merger with Time Warner.”

Whedon had stepped in to finish directing Justice League when director Zack Snyder stepped away from production due to a family tragedy back in late 2016. Snyder, responding to fans, is assembling a four-hour-plus cut of the film which will drop on HBO Max next year, and which he’ll talk about this Saturday at the studio’s DC Fandome. Fisher’s comments about Justice League couldn’t come at a worse time for WarnerMedia as they’re just beginning to bang the drum again on this movie (intended in many ways to be their Avengers), which largely fizzled at the box office grossing $682.6M WW off a $300M production cost.

It’s amazing how much more drama there is behind the scenes for dc compared to Marvel. Which is strange given that the foundation of a lot of Marvel’s success was the (at the time) risky casting choice of Robert Downey Jr. Feige and co must run a tight ship over there compared to whatever mess dc’s been working with.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Not really when the titular character is played by Ezra Miller.
    It's hard to believe Ezra Miller is still allegedly going to headline this. Just recast.

Especially when Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck are both in it, focus on that!

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    It’s amazing how much more drama there is behind the scenes for dc compared to Marvel. Which is strange given that the foundation of a lot of Marvel’s success was the (at the time) risky casting choice of Robert Downey Jr. Feige and co must run a tight ship over there compared to whatever mess dc’s been working with.
    Eh, you'd be surprised. Marvel has a lot of problems themselves, they just seem to have ironed out a way to get things made pretty quickly and seamlessly (for better or worse, YMMV).

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Eh, you'd be surprised. Marvel has a lot of problems themselves, they just seem to have ironed out a way to get things made pretty quickly and seamlessly (for better or worse, YMMV).
    I don’t know what this means, but it seems to work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don’t know what this means, but it seems to work for them.
    Yeah it does, but doesn't leave a whole lot of room for interesting pieces.

Posted by the Rock.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    There is drama and they have had troubled productions - Age of Ultron, Thor 2, Incredible Hulk - but they are a machine, even in Phase 1. Civil War had trouble because Fiege had to convince Perlmutter to let Iron Man be in it, and the directors put in Spider-man without Sony's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    There is drama and they have had troubled productions - Age of Ultron, Thor 2, Incredible Hulk - but they are a machine, even in Phase 1. Civil War had trouble because Fiege had to convince Perlmutter to let Iron Man be in it, and the directors put in Spider-man without Sony's permission.
    Yeah totally, plus a lot of directors have walked due to studio interference and problems with production. They seem much more focused on brand than on filmmaking.

Sometimes this works fine, sometimes it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Posted by the Rock.

I don't know if this is an actual design concept, but I'd be happy if they ditched the New 52 cape.