Page 589 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 894895395795855865875885895905915925935996396891089 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 20948

So Justice League trailer looks like....what Snyder's Justice League was supposed to look like. I'm still not terribly interested, though I think it'll probably be a better film than the mess we got in 2017. Not something I'd go out of my way to watch but I do admit I'm curious about how the story was originally supposed to end.

Suicide Squad intro trailer was something. Music was the best part but some of the characters and actors they've got, and some of the costume designs....I gotta be honest, I'm actually a little curious about this one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I imagine it has to be a little bit better, but yeah, BvS killed my interest in this particular vision a long time ago either way.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Hey, for people who like goldenage superman. I recommend watching the black adam promo.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hey, for people who like goldenage superman. I recommend watching the black adam promo.
    I just wouldn't expect that from the actual Black Adam in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just wouldn't expect that from the actual Black Adam in the movie.
    Might not, but that was truly epic.the best i felt charisma of a superman-esque figure coming through in a long while.
    "i have a knack for destroying bullies"
    That grabbed my attention instantly.

Might not, but that was truly epic.the best i felt charisma of a superman-esque figure coming through in a long while.
    "i have a knack for destroying bullies"
    That grabbed my attention instantly.
    Yeah, it's just with Black Adam...he takes it way too far.

Astonishing Member

Black Adam was being a villainous protagonist in that promo. People don't like when Superman does this, as seen with Snyder's Superman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Black Adam was being a villainous protagonist in that promo. People don't like when Superman does this, as seen with Snyder's Superman.
    I haven't seen the promo so I imagine Black Adam took it further than needed because of who he is.

But a movie like the Golden Age Superman or New 52 Superman is something the character desperately needs right now to get away from the Donner shackles and the DCEU. It just needs someone other than Snyder to do it. Snyder's Superman didn't have any Golden Age/New 52 vibes at all, it was it's own weird thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I haven't seen the promo so I imagine Black Adam took it further than needed because of who he is.

But a movie like the Golden Age Superman or New 52 Superman is something the character desperately needs right now to get away from the Donner shackles and the DCEU. It just needs someone other than Snyder to do it. Snyder's Superman didn't have any Golden Age/New 52 vibes at all, it was it's own weird thing.
    I'm not saying I'm against a Golden Age or New 52 Superman adaption but there are many other different Superman stories that would probably work on film as well.

How was Snyder's Superman anything like that?

BANNED

Black Adam is Wario.

Yeah, it's just with Black Adam...he takes it way too far.
    Sure, but that's not the point. I am more speaking about the general feel.That's how superman should make people feel, in my opinion . That's how i felt when i read the old comics for the first time. Superman should have the larger than life personality. He should be a zorro-esque rootin tootin son of gun who races bullets and jumps over buildings.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    How was Snyder's Superman anything like that?
    He was a huge intimidating thug in B vs S. He was intimidating Batman when they first met like he's going to kill him if Bruce won't quit he nearly incinerated Lex in their first encounter.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm not saying I'm against a Golden Age or New 52 Superman adaption but there are many other different Superman stories that would probably work on film as well.
    There probably would be, but other media is so overwhelmingly skewed towards post-Crisis and Donner riffs (even the DCEU) that I yearn for them to look pretty much anywhere else for inspiration. At least give us a little more variety for a couple films before going back to it. Thor Ragnarok is doing the type of stuff that Superman should and it worked for a character less suited for it.

And don't use Zod or Doomsday for several more movies at least.

He was a huge intimidating thug in B vs S. He was intimidating Batman when they first met like he's going to kill him if Bruce won't quit he nearly incinerated Lex in their first encounter.
    Yeah, just no...