Page 591 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 914915415815875885895905915925935945956016416911091 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

The teaser confirms that the movie will be set in present day, not the 90’s.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Damn, that's an awesome trailer.

Could definitely do without Batman beating that one gang member in the "I'm vengeance" bit. I prefer Batman be way more efficient and way less needlessly cruel. But aside from that, digging everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think you can tell a similar story with Superman, but I don't think you need to reinvent the wheel that much.
    It wouldn't be reinventing the wheel if Superman has been doing stuff along those lines since the 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    The teaser confirms that the movie will be set in present day, not the 90’s.
    There was never any indication it was in the 90s to begin. That's merely something fans came up with when they thought it was a prequel to BVS.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    There was never any indication it was in the 90s to begin. That's merely something fans came up with when they thought it was a prequel to BVS.
    Okay, good, so now I can freely hate that 90s hair

So what movies have been confirmed?
    > WW84
    > The Batman
    > Shazam 2
    > Black Adam
    > THE Suicide Squad
    > Static Shock (???)
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Could definitely do without Batman beating that one gang member in the "I'm vengeance" bit. I prefer Batman be way more efficient and way less needlessly cruel. But aside from that, digging everything else.

God, the whole aesthetic is just so perfect. Reeves is going to crush it.
    I loved the trailer, but yeah I agree. Batman is not that brutal. That's how punks fight, beating a man while he's already down. I'll wait till we see the context of the fight, though.

God, the whole aesthetic is perfect. Reeves is going to crush it with this movie. Pattinson is going to be great, too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-22-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So what movies have been confirmed?
    > WW84
    > The Batman
    > Shazam 2
    > Black Adam
    > THE Suicide Squad
    > Static Shock (???)
    So much wonderful news!

Aquaman 2
    Shazam 2
    Wonder Woman 1984
    The Batman
    Black Adam
    Static Shock

I'm into all these.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    So much wonderful news!

Aquaman 2
    Shazam 2
    Wonder Woman 1984
    The Batman
    Black Adam
    Static Shock

I'm into all these.
    Who would’ve thought WW, Aquaman, and Shazam would be the new Trinity? What a world we live in.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I have to say I'm more excited and optimistic than I've been in a long time. Except for Miller's Flash, which I'm highly skeptical about, all the trailers/teasers were really positive.

Astonishing Member

...That’s kind of the point, you have to remember this is a wet-behind-the-ears Batman that is basically young and stupid. This is very early into his career as a vigilante, and he isn’t at a point yet where he can be that efficient vigilante with more self-control. The pain for him is still fresh and raw, and he’s still working through his personal issues. Him having these flaws at the beginning is a good springboard for his overall arc in the movie where starts off more aggressive and overly brutal before he learns better self-control and restraint and grows into being the world greatest detective. If anything, this movie is essentially a second origin story for Batman. You likely won’t see how he made the costume again, or the parents shot again but you will see how he truly becomes “The Batman” that we all know and love from the comics.

So basically Bruce Wayne won’t truly become “The Batman” until near the end. Throughout the rest of the movie, he’s still just some rich kid with a lot of pent up anger that is being dealt with by punching out criminals. He’s wayward and lost, and has a lot of learning to do. Batman in his early years isn’t going to be as refined in his craft as the older more seasoned Batman, since he’s going through the tough learning curve of being a vigilante.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-22-2020 at 09:19 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Eyes on the cowl are still weird but I like the rest of the suit.
    Speaking of Daredevil, it looks like they're going for black lenses like Daredevil instead of the white eyes, so kind of the same effect just with a different color.
    It wouldn't be reinventing the wheel if Superman has been doing stuff along those lines since the 40s.
    That's what I meant about not needing to reinvent the wheel. You see some interpretations of modern Superman, and he's gone on similar adventures. It just hasn't made its way into live-action so much.
    That’s kind of the point, you have to remember this is a wet-behind-the-ears Batman that is basically young and stupid. This is very early into his career as a vigilante, and he isn’t at a point yet where he can that efficient vigilante with more self-control. The pain for him is still fresh and raw, and he’s still working through his personal issues. This is a good springboard for his overall arc in the movie where learns more self-control and restraint and grows into being the world greatest detective. If anything, this movie is essentially a second origin story for Batman. You likely won’t see how he made the costume again, or the parents shot but you will see how truly becomes “The Batman” that we all know and love from the comics. This story will be about the growing pains to get being the ideal version of himself.
    Yeah, Reeves said that at the point of the movie his Batman is more of an experiment in fighting crime that he's starting to think doesn't work and he hasn't quite become the symbol that we know he's supposed to be.

Heck, the movie has the origin stories for some of his Rogues Gallery so he hasn't had them to test his mettle against until now.

Astonishing Member

Pretty excited for all the new movies DC has going forward. Just don't know when the studios can actually finish filming these and release them for us to watch. Seems like forever.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

That’s kind of the point, you have to remember this is a wet-behind-the-ears Batman that is basically young and stupid. This is very early into his career as a vigilante, and he isn’t at a point yet where he can be that efficient vigilante with more self-control. The pain for him is still fresh and raw, and he’s still working through his personal issues. Him having these flaws at the beginning is a good springboard for his overall arc in the movie where starts off more aggressive and overly brutal before he learns better self-control and restraint and grows into being the world greatest detective. If anything, this movie is essentially a second origin story for Batman. You likely won’t see how he made the costume again, or the parents shot again but you will see how truly becomes “The Batman” that we all know and love from the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Reeves said that at the point of the movie his Batman is more of an experiment in fighting crime that he's starting to think doesn't work and he hasn't quite become the symbol that we know he's supposed to be.

Heck, the movie has the origin stories for some of his Rogues Gallery so he hasn't had them to test his mettle against until now.
    That should work for this film series in its own context if it goes beyond one film and that is indeed what they are going for. And if the execution works, which it might since everything else looks very promising.

I'm just getting...very tired in general of uber violent Batman.

I'm just getting...very tired in general of uber violent Batman.
    I'm not - but then I watch everything Batman, from Batman Unlimited to the Scooby Doo and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossovers to the Lego stuff, so for me it all gets balanced out. If you're that tired of the uber violence, maybe you need to check out some of the other Batman offerings that aren't as violent?

Astonishing Member

Matt Reeves talks about the Batman at Fandome.

The more this man talks, the more I get excited. I like his approach of not retreading the conventional origin story, but it still being an origin story for the character in terms of getting a handle at this crime-fighting thing. Reeves take on Batman is bound to be one of the most inspired takes on the character yet.

- Charles Schultz.