Page 593 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 934935435835895905915925935945955965976036436931093 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I have (at least the Lego stuff). But the stuff like the Nolan films, BvS, and now Reeves, as well as the Arkham games, are far more prolific and mainstream than any of that stuff could hope to be. Plus the comics have been doing stuff like that for a long ass time.
    You can't help what is or isn't mainstream, someone's always going to be unhappy or left out by that. There's going to be people like you who want less brutality, and those excited for more violence. But you can definitely pick which levels of violence in Batman stories you are exposed to. If you've seen the Lego DTV movies, you can try the two Adam West movies (they're great), or the Scooby Doo crossover (brought back the Brave and the Bold Batman), the TMNT crossover (PG 13, and the most violent thing I think the Turtles have been in for the past 20+ years, but that's mostly just Shredder and R'as being killer ninjas), the three Batman Unlimited movies, Batman Ninja I don't remember being that violent. And you can always rewatch the cartoon series like Brave and the Bold or Beware the Batman.

And for the comics, I recommend checking out the YA and Kids OGN lines (Batman Overdrive, Nightwalker). They recently brought back the DCAU Batman in an ongoing too.

Again, if it's the mainstream perception of Batman that worries you, you'll just have to learn to accept it and move on. But if it's just what you personally are tired of seeing, there's a lot of stuff that I really think you should check out. I mean I think it's every Batfan's civic duty to check out Adam West's last work on the character he helped make a pop culture phenomenon for decades.
    My feelings about it are complicated, because I think this film overall looks extremely well put together and has a lot of promise so I'm willing to see where it goes. But we have more than enough Batman films in general and I find the pushing of the heightened violence with Batman to be inherently distasteful since he's a character primarily meant for kids to view as a hero. So I'm basically at "we really don't need this, but this specific thing still looks cool and it could execute its ideas well so I'm interested."
    Once upon a time he was a character primarily meant for kids, but that hasn't been true in over 30 years, especially moreso now. That doesn't make him a character primarily meant for adults either. He's reached the point for a long time now where he's primarily meant for everyone. There should be more brutal versions meant for an adult audience. There should be more wacky, funny versions meant for little kids. There should be versions in between the two meant for everyone. And now, for the large part, there are all those versions.

Besides, it's easy for us older fans to get into a bubble and think that the versions we're most exposed to are how every audience is exposed to him, but that's not true. Most kids aren't going to be allowed to play the more violent videogames until they're teens (depending on what their parents decide). Parents won't take them to see R-rated movies if they don't feel ready for it. The version occasionally seen on Teen Titans Go is the version most kids you're worried about are going to see. I mean Teen Titans Go is admittedly a kind of violence being perpetrated on our young, but that's a different discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Who would’ve thought WW, Aquaman, and Shazam would be the new Trinity? What a world we live in.
    I wouldn't say that. Yes the Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies did well and should be praised, but I wouldn't call them the new Trinity. Shazam made the least amount of money outside probably BOP of any DCEU film. It's only a modest success because of its low budget and the expectations the studio had for it weren't high. Yes it is still a good film with good reviews, but for a superhero film money talks. And this doesn't mean Shazam won't take off in the future depending on the sequel and tying into the Rock's Black Adam, but that's future. Right now Shazam is more in "also ran" territory until further notice.

Wonder Woman has always been Trinity so nothing to say here.

Aquaman however made a billion, and that's good. But so did Joker on a lower budget, so more profit. And the new Batman movie is upcoming and already the hype is huge after that trailer. You can make a case that the new Trinity is really Batman, Aquaman, and Joker.

Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam is only the Trinity if we're strictly talking DCEU shared universe films. And even then it's a stretch to call them the new Trinity. It's more like the new Dynamic Duo with Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Who would’ve thought WW, Aquaman, and Shazam would be the new Trinity? What a world we live in.
    That's not what the Trinity means. This is as accurate as when people were saying Green Lantern was part of the Trinity back when the New 52 started.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I think the execution of this scene is a little botched though. I agree he's not a murderous thugs looking for a fight and wants to appeal to Bruce. But the scene is constructed very poorly. He's saying things like "there is no time" and "you don't understand" without actually just spitting it out and putting the ball in Bruce's court. The fight partially happens because this Superman is incredibly lousy at communicating. Yeah Batman has all the weapons firing at him, but they are just an annoyance. And there is that bit right before he flies Batman through the building where he shoves him into an alley and slowly walks towards him. Valuable seconds he could have spent opening his mouth.
    Yeah, I think execution was the issue...they should have had Superman say all that (and just have Bats disregard it; we know Bruce is at its very low point, so unlikely he would listen to it).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Yes the Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies did well and should be praised, but I wouldn't call them the new Trinity. Shazam made the least amount of money outside probably BOP of any DCEU film. It's only a modest success because of its low budget and the expectations the studio had for it weren't high. Yes it is still a good film with good reviews, but for a superhero film money talks. And this doesn't mean Shazam won't take off in the future depending on the sequel and tying into the Rock's Black Adam, but that's future. Right now Shazam is more in "also ran" territory until further notice.

Wonder Woman has always been Trinity so nothing to say here.

Aquaman however made a billion, and that's good. But so did Joker on a lower budget, so more profit. And the new Batman movie is upcoming and already the hype is huge after that trailer. You can make a case that the new Trinity is really Batman, Aquaman, and Joker.

Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam is only the Trinity if we're strictly talking DCEU shared universe films. And even then it's a stretch to call them the new Trinity. It's more like the new Dynamic Duo with Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
    It's not wise to discount Wonder Woman and Aquaman, both have proven to have a hell of an audience. They're both more successful in 2020 than Superman, who mainly just has success in comics amongst the same fanbase.

Shazam also made a big return, due to it's low budget. Keeping that track going forward, it can continue. Justice League cost way more and didn't do all that much more.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-23-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Shazam had a 100 mill budget (BoP was even less), you really don't get blockbusters on that budget (things like Joker and the Deadpool are the exception). I think every MCU film has a minimum budget of 150 mill.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's not wise to discount Wonder Woman and Aquaman, both have proven to have a hell of an audience. They're both more successful in 2020 than Superman, who mainly just has success in comics amongst the same fanbase.

Shazam also made a big return, due to it's low budget. Keeping that track going forward, it can continue. Justice League cost way more and didn't do all that much more.
    I didn't discount Wonder Woman or Aquaman. I said Wonder Woman has always been Trinity, so there was nothing to argue. And I applauded Aquaman making a billion. I only said that Batman and Joker have also made a billion, so they're the ones who shouldn't be discounted as the new Trinity film-wise, beyond the lack of shared universe and Joker being a villain, none of which matters to the studio. The only character I discounted was Shazam, and I outright stated that he was a success partly because of having a low budget. And why would you use a failure like Justice League to compare it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Shazam had a 100 mill budget (BoP was even less), you really don't get blockbusters on that budget (things like Joker and the Deadpool are the exception). I think every MCU film has a minimum budget of 150 mill.
    Which is still besides the point - how does that put him on Trinity level?

I’m not looking forward to Black Adam anymore. Hawkgirl was cut for Cyclone... yeah let that sink in... lame nobody Cyclone... ugh

Makes sense. If you have a team, you want a cast with a more diverse array of powers. They already have Hawkman for the winged person who hits stuff with a mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Makes sense. If you have a team, you want a cast with a more diverse array of powers. They already have Hawkman for the winged person who hits stuff with a mace.
    Well hopefully he dies and we get the real Hawk people care about.

Already hate Cyclone, who btw has the same powers as Isis!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Which is still besides the point - how does that put him on Trinity level?
    Oh it doesn't, I'm just being an NPC.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

We don't even know if Isis has powers in the film or has a substantial role. That's a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    We don't even know if Isis has powers in the film or has a substantial role. That's a reach.
    They have the exact same powers in the comics. Whatever I don’t care about this film anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Well hopefully he dies and we get the real Hawk people care about.

Why all the Hawkman hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Oh it doesn't, I'm just being an NPC.
    Non Player Character?