Page 594 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 944945445845905915925935945955965975986046446941094 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    They have the exact same powers in the comics.
    And as I said, we don't know if Isis even has those powers in the movie, is the point. So saying Cyclone should've been cut for redundancy like Hawkgirl doesn't quite work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why all the Hawkman hate?

Non Player Character?
    He gets everything while Hawkgirl gets nothing. Even Sueorhero GIRLS, they use Hawkman over Hawkgirl. Hawkgirl fans are constantly told to support Hawkman, then we’ll get Hawkgirl. Screw that I want Hawkgirl now!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    And as I said, we don't know if Isis even has those powers in the movie, is the point. So saying Cyclone should've been cut for redundancy like Hawkgirl doesn't quite work.
    I’m saying I’d rather have Hawkgirl than. Some nobody character like Cyclone

He gets everything while Hawkgirl gets nothing. Even Sueorhero GIRLS, they use Hawkman over Hawkgirl. Hawkgirl fans are constantly told to support Hawkman, then we’ll get Hawkgirl. Screw that I want Hawkgirl now!

I’m saying I’d rather have Hawkgirl than. Some nobody character like Cyclone
    Eh, I don't really know much about the Hawks, man or girl. 1. What's the difference? 2. Aren't they usually together anyways?

I’m not looking forward to Black Adam anymore. Hawkgirl was cut for Cyclone... yeah let that sink in... lame nobody Cyclone... ugh
    I'm excited at the prospect of a good version of Hawkman that's not just Hawkgirl's stalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    We don't even know if Isis has powers in the film or has a substantial role. That's a reach.
    Is she even confirmed to be in the film? I mean, I imagine Adam needs something he cares about beyond Khandaq but I wasn't sure if she was confirmed.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Maybe they're doing a Thanagarian Hawkgirl who will show up later to cash in on that JLU nostalgia, while sticking with the JSA reincarnated Hawkman.

I'm sort of "whatever" about the JSA in general though, so personally I'm not phased one way or another by whatever they do here. I do like Shayera a lot though and would hope to see her even if it means leaving her out of this.

I do wonder if the Rock’s call out at the end of the panel was just purely hype or if it legitimately will somehow lead to an actual Black Adam vs the DC Universe movie, which in fairness I would watch a movie about that.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I do wonder if the Rock’s call out at the end of the panel was just purely hype or if it legitimately will somehow lead to an actual Black Adam vs the DC Universe movie, which in fairness I would watch a movie about that.
    Black Dawn/WWIII was basically that so it’s possible.

Dwayne Johnson won't rest until he fights Superman .

Although I'd be more hyped for Billy vs Teth-Adam. It needs to happen.

He gets everything while Hawkgirl gets nothing. Even Sueorhero GIRLS, they use Hawkman over Hawkgirl. Hawkgirl fans are constantly told to support Hawkman, then we’ll get Hawkgirl. Screw that I want Hawkgirl
    Wut? Hawkgirl almost always gets preferential treatment over Hawkman. DCAU, Justice League Heroes, Injustice, Legends of Tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Wut? Hawkgirl almost always gets preferential treatment over Hawkman. DCAU, Justice League Heroes, Injustice, Legends of Tomorrow...
    Hawkman was in two of those. He's also been in Smallville, The Batman (the cartoon not the movie) and Brave and the Bold.

There was some issues with Hawkgirl (hence why they replaced her; Rock replied to a fan yesterday on Twitter; I will post it if I find it).

I think WB might have some other plans or something (I dunno what else it could be).

Edit:

Hawk Girl was 100% in our original JSA team. Sadly, it’s a complicated story I’ll share w the fans down the road. But it opened up the door for another awesome opportunity for another actress to come in and crush the role of Cyclone. I believe it all works out how it’s meant to
    https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1297629306290487296
    Last edited by Triple J; 08-23-2020 at 09:10 PM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

I'm guessing they went with Cyclone to have another "kid" to serve as a contrast to Atom-Smasher.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dwayne Johnson won't rest until he fights Superman .

Although I'd be more hyped for Billy vs Teth-Adam. It needs to happen.
    Dwayne and Henry Cavill do have the same agent so he probably has the juice to get a Black Adam vs Superman battle into an actual movie

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hawkman was in two of those. He's also been in Smallville, The Batman (the cartoon not the movie) and Brave and the Bold.
    His role was terrible and much smaller in two of those, while Hawkgirl was part of the main cast. Smallville, yes. The rest are glorified cameos. He never had the same level of exposure as Hawkgirl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing they went with Cyclone to have another "kid" to serve as a contrast to Atom-Smasher.
    She's probably filling the slot Stargirl had in the 'Dark Reign' arc, of the concerned JSAer and sort of love interest, they even may make her Atom Smasher's girlfriend, who tries to stop Black Adam corrupting him.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 08-23-2020 at 10:12 PM.