Page 596 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 964965465865925935945955965975985996006066466961096 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 20948

Not like they couldn’t make Battison the start of a new shared universe. Hell theyre already making an HBO Max series set in the same world, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the next Superman film (assuming there ever is one) is set on the Battison world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not like they couldn’t make Battison the start of a new shared universe. Hell theyre already making an HBO Max series set in the same world, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the next Superman film (assuming there ever is one) is set on the Battison world.
    So it would be even darker and more emo?

That’s not a shot at Snyder, it’s just The Batman trailer was super dark with the Riddler killing people and Batman rage punching thugs. I just don’t know if that should be the basis for a new DC movieverse.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-24-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope not. Just let Matt Reeves' do his thing and make a few great Batman flicks. It doesn't need to tie into anything else.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-24-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I think the shared universe approach in film has been limiting and mediocre in general. After over a decade, I'm glad to be getting past the need for everything to be connected.
    I would say continuity has failed to produce great stories for a while now. There has been a criticism of Superman comics for instance, that the best Superman stories have never been in continuity. Still I think continuity if done right can enhance the franchise and make it greater (Star Trek and Star Wars before their most recent revivals are the best examples of this.)

It should be noted though, that the only DC film being produced that is not part part of a larger continuity is The Batman. So funnily enough, that means Batman won't dominate this universe forward, even with the Flash movie.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed that Batman is going to be independent from the rest of the DCEU (even though technically it isn't). An expanded universe does make every upcoming film more interesting, this is why the MCU is successful and why the DC and Marvel have been able to survive this long as well.
    That's on a clock once the multiverse is established.

I would say continuity has failed to produce great stories for a while now. There has been a criticism of Superman comics for instance, that the best Superman stories have never been in continuity. Still I think continuity if done right can enhance the franchise and make it greater (Star Trek and Star Wars before their most recent revivals are the best examples of this.)

It should be noted though, that the only DC film being produced that is not part part of a larger continuity is The Batman. So funnily enough, that means Batman won't dominate this universe forward, even with the Flash movie.
    Continuity between characters only matters if there's a team up ala Batman v Superman or the Avengers. After the Justice League movie bombed, that's gone. Even if The Batman was in continuity he couldn't dominate that universe - how you going to dominate when everyone is staying in their solo movies? It's currently meaningless that Aquaman and Wonder Woman share a universe.

And The Batman is still likely to dominate the box office, which matters more.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So it would be even darker and more emo?

That’s not a shot at Snyder, it’s just The Batman trailer was super dark with the Riddler killing people and Batman rage punching thugs. I just don’t know if that should be the basis for a new DC movieverse.
    If Abrams truly is in the process of helming a Superman franchise, I don’t think it would be the same tone as The Batman. But he and Reeves are friends and I could see them teaming up down the line. This is all speculation, I have no clue what’s going to happen.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Ok. Time out, isn't that what morally corrupt villainous bad guys do? Moreover, people don't expect superman villains to be nice and be friendly. As for superman being angry, that does happen.Granted,i don't think superman has the personality or outlook batman does.I don't think superman would have set of stories with tone like that.

I think it'd felt strange to have all those other heroes around Battinson, really. It's kind of like the Nolanverse; it's best if Batman is the lone hero of his Earth I think.

Plus, now with the Multiverse, just tease a multiversal enemy in several movies and reunite a Multiverse Justice League, with Gal Gadot, Momoa, Miller, Fisher, Battinson, Mickeal B. Jordan as Calvin Ellis, etc. and call it a day.

If they seriously rebooted Superman it'd be the furthest thing from emo. They felt burned when BVS fell short of their expectations, so there's not a chance in hell they spend another 225 million on Superman unless it's a crowd-pleaser a la Aquaman or Wonder Woman.

I don't think Pattinson would be down for a connected superhero universe. He was pretty adamant in interviews last year that he took the role because in his mind "Batman isn't a superhero." If he's convinced himself of that, it doesn't sound like he's too keen to have any superhero crossovers.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Every time Batman meets Superman or Justice League its tolerable to bad for me. New Frontier being the exception. If it doesn't work well in the comics it won't work in theatres. Reeves is one thing Aquaman/WW84/Shazam/Suicide Squad another.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    If they seriously rebooted Superman it'd be the furthest thing from emo. They felt burned when BVS fell short of their expectations, so there's not a chance in hell they spend another 225 million on Superman unless it's a crowd-pleaser a la Aquaman or Wonder Woman.
    Get Patty Jenkins or James wan on a Superman flick!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Continuity between characters only matters if there's a team up ala Batman v Superman or the Avengers. After the Justice League movie bombed, that's gone. Even if The Batman was in continuity he couldn't dominate that universe - how you going to dominate when everyone is staying in their solo movies? It's currently meaningless that Aquaman and Wonder Woman share a universe.
    Even if the characters never interact, the mere fact that they exist in a shared universe helps incites fan interest. I'm also not really convinced that they don't intend to do crossover films, since in that Multiverse video, a major element that kept getting brought up are crossovers (and its a 3-minute clip). I think we definitely are going to see JL-like films in the future.

And The Batman is still likely to dominate the box office, which matters more.
    It's possible, but reboots usually receive less box office interest than their predecessors and this film probably isn't going to do well in China either.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Even if the characters never interact, the mere fact that they exist in a shared universe helps incites fan interest. I'm also not really convinced that they don't intend to do crossover films, since in that Multiverse video, a major element that kept getting brought up are crossovers (and its a 3-minute clip). I think we definitely are going to see JL-like films in the future.
    They also planned a lot of things before the failure of The Justice League shook things up. That Cyborg film isn't happening. I also don't agree with the idea that them merely existing in the same world draws huge interest. Maybe from a select segment of us comic fans, but the general audience? Sure it had their attention when Marvel pulled it off well, but after the Snyder films they've learned differently. The shared universe does nothing for them, the movies have to be good. And after 20+ MCU films I think that there's some tiredness of shared universes.

I really just don't believe that the shared continuity of the DCEU is as big a deal or as good a thing as you feel it is in a big picture general audience sort of way. The most successful DC films in recent years have been Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and JOKER. Only two shared continuity - of those two Aquaman only kind of acknowledged the previous movie in a joke line from what I remember and Wonder Woman is flat out contradicting stuff. So two movies have downplayed the shared continuity, and one exists outside it.

It's possible, but reboots usually receive less box office interest than their predecessors and this film probably isn't going to do well in China either.
    Nolan's trilogy was a reboot, it had a lot of interest. And that was coming after the Schumacher films years earlier. The Nolan films also didn't do so hot in China I imagine (were they even screened in China? I doubt The Dark Knight was considering the Chinese criminal Batman kidnapped/extradited out of the country). Nevermind Batman's biggest villain just got over a billion without China. The Batman is going to do just fine.