Page 60 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364701101605601060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeh, they would explore multiple characters.
    Yeah, because they did such a good job of that in Suicide Squad. They did marginally better in Justice League, but by then they had already had solid introductions of the big 3 and a little of The Flash (at least of Flash in action).

BOP is going to introduce a bunch of characters, but you know they will be focusing mostly on Harley, because she's the biggest character in the movie. They may give smaller, equal amounts of time to Dinah and Helena, but everyone else will probably have the amount of character development that Killer Croc did in Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    BOP is going to introduce a bunch of characters, but you know they will be focusing mostly on Harley, because she's the biggest character in the movie. They may give smaller, equal amounts of time to Dinah and Helena, but everyone else will probably have the amount of character development that Killer Croc did in Suicide Squad.
    And then you've got Cass as the Macguffin...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Buzz in China is pretty strong.

Yeah, because they did such a good job of that in Suicide Squad. They did marginally better in Justice League, but by then they had already had solid introductions of the big 3 and a little of The Flash (at least of Flash in action).

Didn't say they would do it well.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Damn, I didn't know Cathy Yan and Christina Hixson changed their names to David Ayer and Zack Snyder!

This thread is gonna eat so much crow when the movie comes out

So two movies that had famously hellish behind the scenes drama and last minute rewrites, reshoots and re-edits that drastically changed the intended final product? I'm not worried.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Aquaman’ Has Screened: Here are the First Reactions: https://talkiesnetwork.com/2018/11/2...rst-reactions/

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ‘Aquaman’ Has Screened: Here are the First Reactions: https://talkiesnetwork.com/2018/11/2...rst-reactions/

At this point, I think we can stop worrying. It's going to be a hit. The DCEU will continue.

The only remaining question is just how BIG of a hit will it be? It's up against some potentially strong competition that could take a bite out of its profits. Only time will tell.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    At this point, I think we can stop worrying. It's going to be a hit. The DCEU will continue.

The only remaining question is just how BIG of a hit will it be? It's up against some potentially strong competition that could take a bite out of its profits. Only time will tell.
    I would rather it be loved by fans/critics and have a moderate box office than be a critical flop and make a lot of money like Suicide Squad. Aquaman could restore a lot of people’s faith in the DCEU and prove that things may finally be on the right track. Though it had a huge box office haul, Suicide Squad did a lot of damage to the reputation of the DCEU and caused long term damage.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would rather it be loved by fans/critics and have a moderate box office than be a critical flop and make a lot of money like Suicide Squad. Aquaman could restore a lot of people’s faith in the DCEU and prove that things may finally be on the right track. Though it had a huge box office haul, Suicide Squad did a lot of damage to the reputation of the DCEU and caused long term damage.
    Exactly. I think WB feels the same way. I think they care a lot more about this films reception. I don't think anyone is thinking it needs to make a billion to be successful or whatever.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think we'll get a good reception.

Mighty Member

https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/26/aqu...F-37AC4744363C
    Aquaman: Early reviews gush that it's a 'big, fun, wild ride'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Did SS really do that much damage to DCEU's rep? It's still getting a sequel, still making Harley Quinn the focal point of the DCEU(I really don't understand the reasoning), talks of a Deadshot spinoff, talks of a Harley/Joker spinoff, and not to mention the boatload of money it made in spite of the bad reviews. FYI this film is not my favorite but man it still made money even with the critics savaging this movie.

If it did so much damage none of the above should be happening but it is or might.

I agree that right now what's important for WB is getting a DC movie out there with a positive reception and that, with that in mind, will do a moderate to solid box office.