Page 600 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1005005505905965975985996006016026036046106507001100 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 20948

A new Superman movie set in its own universe like Battinson would be pretty great.
    I'd love something inspired by Pre-Crisis or All-Star with a similar feel.
    And I wouldn't be opposed to seeing more of Cavill in the shared universe, but maybe not as a solo star.
    Superman and Batman as their own franchises apart from the DCEU may be a good way to go without rebooting those characters.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    A new Superman movie set in its own universe like Battinson would be pretty great.
    Yes please for the love of God.

The character needs to be pried away from Byrne and similar takes once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    However, unless he has a pay or play contract, WB could just wait it out. No Hollywood contract can last longer than 7 years, I believe.
    7 years since his last appearance (Justice League 2017) or 7 years since he first signed the contract? Because he’s gotta be over the time limit by now if it’s the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    And I wouldn't be opposed to seeing more of Cavill in the shared universe, but maybe not as a solo star.
    Superman and Batman as their own franchises apart from the DCEU may be a good way to go without rebooting those characters.
    Considering how they're handling Batman I think the time is perfect for a Superman film as a contrast.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how they're handling Batman I think the time is perfect for a Superman film as a contrast.
    I hate the whole contrasting business. Let the character stand on it's own feet, not as batman's shadow or light or whatever.Superman wasn't created as batman's anything. Why does the character have to serve that purpose now?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hate the whole contrasting business. Let the character stand on it's own feet, not as batman's shadow or light or whatever.Superman wasn't created as batman's anything. Why does the character have to serve that purpose now?
    They don't, it can just make for nice symmetry .

Why are you people so reboot crazy? You can just make a sequel to MoS that has a different tone.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Why are you people so reboot crazy? You can just make a sequel to MoS that has a different tone.
    Cavill’s mediocre and I’d rather not put the fate of the franchise in his hands. Plus Eisenberg Lex sucks and I’m not seeing another movie with him in it. But above all the odds of Cavill even getting another solo are slim, at best he’ll get cameos in other people’s movies like Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cavill’s mediocre and I’d rather not put the fate of the franchise in his hands. Plus Eisenberg Lex sucks and I’m not seeing another movie with him in it. But above all the odds of Cavill even getting another solo are slim, at best he’ll get cameos in other people’s movies like Shazam.
    You can just recast the character (or characters). Not to mention MoS is one of the few superhero films that the fandom has become more appreciative as time goes on.

Hopefully, Snyder does get to work on Man of Steel 2.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

You can just recast the character (or characters). Not to mention MoS is one of the few superhero films that the fandom has become more appreciative as time goes on.

Mostly because its sequels make it look like a masterpiece in comparison.

Snyder doesn't want to do a straight up MoS 2. His Superman arc is mixed in with the team up movies.

I'm cool with a Superman reboot because its a chance for a fresh start. However i wouldn't mind Cavill gets another chance as i thought he was a good actor and seems to really care about Supes.

I really don't care for Snyder coming back but i wouldn't be too upset if he did.

I feel like he'd be better off doing something off-kilter like an adaptation of Justice League Gods and Monsters (only half serious) than in the DCEU.

Not really. Snyder fans are vocal but I haven’t seen any large scale turnaround like they claim. Most people still think Snyder’s films suck.

Hopefully he doesn’t. Hopefully the Snyder Cut is the end.
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-29-2020 at 03:09 PM.

I wish Matthew Bomer from Doom Patrol was a bit younger. He would be a perfect Superman. He was actually considered for Superman Returns.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    7 years since his last appearance (Justice League 2017) or 7 years since he first signed the contract? Because he’s gotta be over the time limit by now if it’s the latter.
    I think it's from when the contract was first signed. I am no expert on this particular aspect of Hollywood contracts though. The first time I heard of it was when the cast of the Star Trek reboot had to be resigned for Star Trek Beyond because they'd waited too long to do the sequel. As a result, the studio doesn't want to do Star Trek 4 because they're contractually obligated to pay Pine and Quinto more money than the studio thinks would be profitable

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wish Matthew Bomer from Doom Patrol was a bit younger. He would be a perfect Superman. He was actually considered for Superman Returns.
    He was cast as Superman for McG's film, too.