Page 603 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1035035535935996006016026036046056066076136537031103 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    So strange to me DC is essentially at the point of the Fox X-Men movies continuity wise. Is any of it connected? Maybe. How? Don't worry about it.
    Except that the continuity issues isn't a problem. Fox had troubles not because things weren't connected or unclear how they connect, but because they made some bad movies. They did Fantastic Four dirty. X3, X-Men Origins Wolverine, Dark Phoenix, etc. Meanwhile post Snyder DC has had a lot of success. Aquaman, Shazam, Joker, Wonder Woman (not post Snyder but still). Only problem movie has been BOP (and I like that movie too). Continuity doesn't seem to be a huge factor in quality here.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Except that the continuity issues isn't a problem. Fox had troubles not because things weren't connected or unclear how they connect, but because they made some bad movies. They did Fantastic Four dirty. X3, X-Men Origins Wolverine, Dark Phoenix, etc. Meanwhile post Snyder DC has had a lot of success. Aquaman, Shazam, Joker, Wonder Woman (not post Snyder but still). Only problem movie has been BOP (and I like that movie too). Continuity doesn't seem to be a huge factor in quality here.
    It is a problem in it shows it's something they can't handle. The positive out of it is it will allow for them to do things like Joker which could never happen in MCU.

It is a problem in it shows it's something they can't handle. The positive out of it is it will allow for them to do things like Joker which could never happen in MCU.
    It's something Snyder couldn't handle. And so? Assuming you're right, all they have to do is downplay the interconnectivity and shared continuity aspect and stick to solo movies. I don't see any problem there. I'd rather have JOKER and The Batman and who knows what else rather than them try to build up to a softly rebooted The Justice League movie. Maybe get an out of universe JSA movie in case the Black Adam JSA is underwhelming.

It's something Snyder couldn't handle. And so? Assuming you're right, all they have to do is downplay the interconnectivity and shared continuity aspect and stick to solo movies. I don't see any problem there. I'd rather have JOKER and The Batman and who knows what else rather than them try to build up to a softly rebooted The Justice League movie. Maybe get an out of universe JSA movie in case the Black Adam JSA is underwhelming.
    That's good for you that you would rather have those films since they are happening. Anyone who would rather have a Justice League movie or just a simple team up between say Superman and Batman is out of luck. And it's not just on Snyder, WB hired him. Again it shows that so far WB isn't capable of putting more than one superhero in a movie and have it be successful. Hopefully Flash proves that wrong because that is the only film slated to be trying to do anything team up related.
    Last edited by comicstar100; 09-02-2020 at 03:12 PM.

That's good for you that you would rather have those films since they are happening. Anyone who would rather have a Justice League movie or just a simple team up between say Superman and Batman is out of luck. And it's not just on Snyder, WB hired him. Again it shows that so far WB isn't capable of putting more than one superhero in a movie and have it be successful. Hopefully Flash proves that wrong because that is the only film slated to be trying to do anything team up related.
    Eh, the more important thing ultimately is they make good movies that make enough profit for the next movie to be approved. So far they've been on a good track in recent years, and WW84 and The Batman both look to continue the general trend.

Besides, you were comparing them to Fox, which failed to the point of getting bought up by Disney. My response was less about the shared universe being good or bad and more that the two studios are in very different spots. DC isn't making such bad movies to compare them to Fox and the inherent prophecy of doom silently implicit in the comparison, intentional or not.

I seriously want a Superman movie...At this point I want Cavill to just walk away cause they messed it up so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He was a funny dude in the jl animated series as well. Many writers do write barry like they do wally. They wanted to sweep the character under the rug. That created more mess than they bargained for. Being jerk doesn't negate being funny as well. In fact, sometimes it helps.
    Case in point, Guy Gardner's entire role on the Justice League International or on any team.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I seriously want a Superman movie...At this point I want Cavill to just walk away cause they messed it up so hard.
    They for certain do not deserve him; but it would suck really hard if he is not Superman anymore; or even worse they reboot again.

Astonishing Member

Except that the continuity issues isn't a problem.
    It gets confusing, DCEU continuity has been in flux since Suicide Squad and Justice League. They also may have soft rebooted Harley Quinn killing Robin, too.

Continuity doesn't seem to be a huge factor in quality here.
    True about that.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

So strange to me DC is essentially at the point of the Fox X-Men movies continuity wise. Is any of it connected? Maybe. How? Don't worry about it.
    Does it really even matter if AQUAMAN is connected to WONDER WOMAN? Unless it's explicitly stated within the film, can't you just enjoy a flick as a flick?

I don't get the mindset that all these very different characters that operate in totally different worlds/contexts HAVE to sync up every detail. AQUAMAN, WONDER WOMAN, SHAZAM, JOKER- these are all successful. THE BATMAN will be, too. Just enjoy some great movies!

That's where I'm at. I just want a quality movie I can enjoy. I don't give a damn if it connects to other movies I may or may not have seen; if the movie on my screen right now isn't worth watching then it's connections to the others doesn't amount to anything.

And DC has struggled a lot to make movies worth watching. They need to work on that before they consider tying them together. Like this Flashpoint film; is anyone expected to care about a reboot when the universe we had sucks?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's where I'm at. I just want a quality movie I can enjoy. I don't give a damn if it connects to other movies I may or may not have seen; if the movie on my screen right now isn't worth watching then it's connections to the others doesn't amount to anything.

And DC has struggled a lot to make movies worth watching. They need to work on that before they consider tying them together. Like this Flashpoint film; is anyone expected to care about a reboot when the universe we had sucks?
    Honestly I'm very excited for the Flash movie. I see it full of possibilities to open up the idea of a cinematic multiverse, and in general I'm excited to see both Keaton's Batman along with Affleck's in the same film. I'm not as excited about The Batman. While it looks good I don't feel like it will be better than Nolans films. And it closes the door on pretty much any other bat family characters ever showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    They for certain do not deserve him; but it would suck really hard if he is not Superman anymore; or even worse they reboot again.
    Why would it suck if he is not Superman anymore? He had three movies (soon to be four) to be really stand out and he didn't. Sure, a lot of that is on Snyder and the scripts of those movies, but people came out of those same movies still loving Affleck's Batman, Gadot's Wonder Woman, and Jason's Aquaman. At some point we just have to say Cavill was never that great and giving him another chance isn't going to help.

And why would a reboot be even worse? A reboot looks to be going in Batman's favor right now just from the hype after the trailer (which is a good sign - that much hype from a trailer they managed to cobble together with less than 30% of the movie made).
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It gets confusing, DCEU continuity has been in flux since Suicide Squad and Justice League. They also may have soft rebooted Harley Quinn killing Robin, too.
    It's not that confusing. Literally ignore everything directed by Snyder and the Suicide Squad that hasn't been directly referenced in Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, and maybe BOP. Basically the only continuity that matters comes from the 3 non-Snyder successes. There's no flux there, they're pretty upfront about the failure of the early films and the success after being the main decider of continuity here.
    Honestly I'm very excited for the Flash movie. I see it full of possibilities to open up the idea of a cinematic multiverse, and in general I'm excited to see both Keaton's Batman along with Affleck's in the same film. I'm not as excited about The Batman. While it looks good I don't feel like it will be better than Nolans films. And it closes the door on pretty much any other bat family characters ever showing up.
    I don't know. I am excited about seeing both Affleck's and Keaton's Batman (Batmen?) again. But that's the only exciting thing about the Flash for me. I don't have faith that it will be a good movie. And I don't care about the Batfamily one way or another. I'm not against them being in a movie, but they're not going to make me interested in seeing a movie (with the possible exception of the Red Hood, because the animated movie was so good).

On the flip side "it looks good I don't feel like it will be better than Nolans films" does get me super excited, because if they're anywhere in the same ballpark (or heck, the ballpark two towns over) from Nolan's films I know that I'm in for a good time. Which is the driving force for me even watching these films - having a good time. Outside just fan squealing over Batfleck and Keaton, I don't know if the Flash movie is going to deliver. But I have no doubts at this time over The Batman movie.

Superman is dead, long live Supergirl!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Superman is dead, long live Supergirl!
    Why on Krypton do you think that?