Page 605 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1055055555956016026036046056066076086096156557051105 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 20948

Ray Fisher is now going after Walter Hamada, president of DC Films.

So you can better understand how deep this goes:

After speaking out about Justice League, I received a phone call from the President of DC Films wherein he attempted to throw Joss Whedon and Jon Berg under the bus in hopes that I would relent on Geoff Johns.

I will not.

A>E

I've said this before and I'll say it again, this is becoming a huge mess.

I'm guessing Cyborg will be recast, if not dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The only place he was rumored to appear was The Flash movie, and they seem to be moving forward with Batman as the co-star.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Ew... f**k c19 :/ Hope Pattinson gets only a light version & recovers fast.

Simply because he has proven he nails the role. Even the uncomfortable parts. We might not have liked seeing Supes in certain hopeless situations but Cavill showed a perfect Supes in those very confined situations. And regardless if ppl liked Whedons JL or not does not change that Cavil showed again more varied facets, this time lighter, of Supes. Thats all completely besides that people are familiar with him; he is literally build like him and has experience with the role.

While I wish The Batman all the best I have absolutely sub-zero interest in it simply alone for the fact that its an all new Batman agaaaaaaain. I'm fed up with these constant hip-shot panic reboots. Maybe in a decade; IDK.

And about that Superman/Supergirl comment from above: That would be soooo freaking easy to make a good MoS 2 introducing Supergirl maybe even Kandor (nod to the SG movie; let her be Kandorian instead Argonian; escaping Braninacs ship to warn Supes of whom she heard peeking through the bottle on Brainiacs screens, both have bounding/ getting to know each other time before B arrives and than an epic fight). Tadaa: Epic 2nd Cavill movie which might or might not be that final one depending on success and at the same time a Supergirl introduced in the DCEU which according to the rumor mill they wanted anyway. *points to BvS awesome Wonder Woman introduction* It works. But no, everybody has to be an ass about how its not possible and boring and burned property and whatnot lame excuses. Don't reinvent the wheel; make a crowd-pleaser.
    Eh, I really didn't feel like he nailed it personally, even when he got to do some lighter bits in Justice League. But to each their own, everyone had different images of someone like Superman in their head, and how closely an actor matches it or blows it is a very subjective thing. I just didn't feel his Superman like you did.

Like-wise whether a new Batman excites you or not is also subjective - but I don't know why you think it's a "hip-shot panic reboot". There's nothing to suggest that it's a "hip-shot", seems well planned and thought out, nor do I think panic had anything to do with it. You are free to dislike that they're rebooting at all, but mind clarifying why it feels like a hip-shot panic reboot to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    He’s done. That’s why he’s speaking out. Him naming Hamada like this basically burns all bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s done. That’s why he’s speaking out. Him naming Hamada like this basically burns all bridges.
    My only hope is that he's not burying Cyborg along with his career. He's never going to play Cyborg again - but depending on how he pushes this, they may decide Cyborg's not even worth recasting for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    My only hope is that he's not burying Cyborg along with his career. He's never going to play Cyborg again - but depending on how he pushes this, they may decide Cyborg's not even worth recasting for a long time.
    Doom Patrol still has Cyborg rep. I’m not worried about the character, he’s still showing up in a wide variety of media like games and cartoons too. Let’s be real: The odds of him ever getting a solo movie was always minuscule.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doom Patrol still has Cyborg rep. I’m not worried about the character, he’s still showing up in a wide variety of media like games and cartoons too. Let’s be real: The odds of him ever getting a solo movie was always minuscule.
    I meant more in film, aka crossover. But I guess that's just a small part of it true. Cyborg won't be on the big screen again this decade outside another Teen Titans Go movie, but smaller media is more than many characters get.

If he shows up in The Flash he'll likely get the Terrence Howard treatment.

If there were any actual evidence against Johns, it would have probably come up by now in the investigation, right? Although I don't see Hamada getting seriously implicated.

I'm not really sure what to think .

If Ray Fisher is to be believed, which I'm often incline to presume in these instances with Hollywood, then it seems like the typical microaggressions that usualy makes a set toxic. unfortunately, as far as we know, it doesn't seem to be anything especially heinous, so most likely than not Fisher is really putting his neck on the line in a situation where no one he named will probably faces any real fallout for. I believe they are investigating still, so who knows what they could uncover or how the findings will be interpreted in the media, but it very much could end up like Terence Howard for him. for his sake, I hope he has a concrete case that we're just not privy too.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Yikes...How far can he get with this?

seems to be too much smoke for there not to be a fire of some kind. Especially if he's telling the truth about someone needing to take the fall. Pretty big Geoff Johns fan, so i hope it's not as horrible as Fisher is making it out to be, but either way i do hope the truth comes out.
    Regardless yeah Fisher isn't doing his potential future as Cyborg much favors. If i was a hollywood guy, I'd be more than a little nervous about having to work with that guy even if I had nothing to hide.

It sucks if Fisher was indeed mistreated, but from what he’s accused Johns and co. of doesn’t actually sound too horrible considering the usual cut throat world of Hollywood. Tons of directors and actors have been accused of being jerks on set. It’s not really anything new. It kinda sounds like Johns, the executive producer and Fisher’s boss on the film, was telling him to get in line. This was Ray’s first big budget Hollywood flick. Maybe he’s just not cut out for that world.

Either way, DCEU Cyborg is done for. At least we still have Cyborg on Doom Patrol, which is actually a much better version of the character. I’m hoping for a Cyborg spin off someday.