Page 606 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1065065565966026036046056066076086096106166567061106 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 20948

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    If Ray Fisher is to be believed, which I'm often incline to presume in these instances with Hollywood, then it seems like the typical microaggressions that usualy makes a set toxic. unfortunately, as far as we know, it doesn't seem to be anything especially heinous, so most likely than not Fisher is really putting his neck on the line in a situation where no one he named will probably faces any real fallout for. I believe they are investigating still, so who knows what they could uncover or how the findings will be interpreted in the media, but it very much could end up like Terence Howard for him. for his sake, I hope he has a concrete case that we're just not privy too.
    The problem is we're not told what we're supposed to believe, this wasn't a situation like Peter Shinkoda, from Daredevil, quoting what he heard Loeb say in the writers room. There are no specifics here.

The fact we have to speculate whether it's about micro-agressions say it all about how weak Fisher's complaints her. There's no meat to them. You can't just say "abuse" and offer no context. If he had something concrete we'd have heard it by now, there would be no need to hide that smoking gun. That'd kill Whedon's career dead.

Edit: What's infuriating is that he never says any quotes or paraphrasing, even in that new article. How did WB throw Hamada throw Johns and Berg under the bus? We don't know. It'd be really easy for Fisher to clear this up on twitter or an interview.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 09-04-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Considering how vocal he has been about it on social media I find that surprising, but the twitter feed seems to think he's not cooperating because he doesn't think the WB investigators will actually do anything.

Not surprising. Money talks and so the company likely wants to continue their relationship with Geoff Johns. Especially after the recent bloodbath at DC.

If you believe certain morons on the Internet, the reason Fisher is going after Johns is because of Stargirl being "anti-woke".

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how vocal he has been about it on social media I find that surprising, but the twitter feed seems to think he's not cooperating because he doesn't think the WB investigators will actually do anything.
    That or he doesn’t actually have anything. I’m pretty sure it’s what happened was this:
    Snyder gets fired/leaves, Johns and Berg bring Whedon on board
    Cyborg’s involvement gets massively toned down/reworked
    Whedon makes fun of Snyder’s handling of the DCEU
    Fisher sticks up for Snyder, fights with Whedon over the changes they’re making to Cyborg’s role
    Fisher goes with his complaints to Johns and Berg, they both tell him to stow it and just do his job, tell him he could lose his chance at future appearances if he continues to complain

Fisher has just done these stupid vague hints, and I suspect his focus on Johns is in part because Johns is the Satan of the Snyder Cult. If you’ve got something to say man say it. It’s pretty clear he has no proof at this point.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Looks another giant mess. The DCEU has this ongoing bad publicity since its start that doesn't want to cease. 🤦

From THR's Borys Kit:

"What is complicating all this back and forth is that Fisher is deep in talks/negotiations to reprise Cyborg for THE FLASH movie."
    https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status...96633107066881

Think you can change that "is" to a "was" Mr. Kit...

Jeez, he has totally killed his career by himself.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Jeez, he has totally killed his career by himself.
    Pretty much.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don’t know how independent the investigation actually is, but if it is indeed true that Fisher isn't even talking to them, then I don't think he's helping himself here.

Warner Bros has another giant mess on their hands, particularly given that Fisher will be such a major part of the Snyder Cut.

Essentially, Warner Bros is going to have to shell out millions to produce and promote a 4 hour epic starring an actor pissing in their punchbowl.

It's a perfect storm of Hollywood stupid

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think we're just going to have to wait and see what comes out of all this. Fisher might have reasons for being vague and not "cooperating", or he might be conflating creatively-based conflict with toxic workplace attitudes. I'd imagine it's a mix of those, but we just have to see.

Astonishing Member

What’s kind of funny about this whole Ray Fisher-Geoff Johns fiasco is that Johns is literally the the sole reason Cyborg is a member of the Justice League, and if it weren’t for Johns Fisher would never even be a superhero now.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-05-2020 at 10:00 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don’t know how independent the investigation actually is, but if it is indeed true that Fisher isn't even talking to them, then I don't think he's helping himself here.

Warner Bros has another giant mess on their hands, particularly given that Fisher will be such a major part of the Snyder Cut.

Essentially, Warner Bros is going to have to shell out millions to produce and promote a 4 hour epic starring an actor pissing in their punchbowl.

It's a perfect storm of Hollywood stupid
    I don't think it's going to matter much in the grand scheme of things. Instead of a perfect storm, it's only a little windy.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ray should respond to WB's statement with explaining on why he won't talk to the investigator instead of letting everyone speculate on why he hasn't.