Page 610 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1105105606006066076086096106116126136146206607101110 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's hard not to be almost fully satisfied as a Batman fan. Not only does he have several great runs in the comics, he's got the best superhero cartoon of all time, he's got at least to iconic live action film iterations (Burton and Nolan) with a likely third on the way, and great video games.

And he and his franchise pretty much warrant all that considering how long he's been around and the reception he and his stuff gets. But it's just really embarassing that the they've let the Superman IP sink so (relatively) low compared to how much of a juggernaut he used to be. And barely scratched the surface with their other IPs that should be on that level, especially Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's hard not to be almost fully satisfied as a Batman fan. Not only does he have several great runs in the comics, he's got the best superhero cartoon of all time, he's got at least to iconic live action film iterations (Burton and Nolan) with a likely third on the way, and great video games.

And he and his franchise pretty much warrant all that considering how long he's been around and the reception he and his stuff gets. But it's just really embarassing that the they've let the Superman IP sink so (relatively) low compared to how much of a juggernaut he used to be. And barely scratched the surface with their other IPs that should be on that level, especially Wonder Woman.
    It almost feels criminal that Diana has yet to get even one cartoon series on her own, just team ups. Justice League (original, Unlimited, Action) and Superhero Girls. She deserves to be the spotlight with her own show.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    He should be in the majors! There should be talk about animating Superman Smashes the Klan! There should be a Lex Luthor movie in preproduction after the success of JOKER! He should have a place in Legion of Superheroes to go against Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy! There's a lot of gold and silver left in the Superman mine if they just cared!

Eh, got worked up there. But he's one of my favorite characters of all time. If only the Superman fan in me had as much to celebrate as my inner Batman fan.

(I used to be much more of a Batman fan, but as I got more into Superman material he's risen to either an extremely close second or dead even right now. How can the studio not love Superman?)
    Batman and Superman have been my favorites since forever (with Bruce beating Clark only by a nose in my eyes). It bothers me that Supes isn't on the same level that he was once was when I was a little kid fifty-something years ago.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If the WB was the ONLY studio-I could see that as a real threat.

However Johns can't tell other studios what to do or who to hire. Johns is not going to tell Jordan Peele, Tyler Perry, Michael B Jordan, Ryan Coolger or others to not hire Ray.
    He can't tell folks who OWN their own stuff what to do. No one at Warner Brothers can either.

Lets say Marvel or Valiant or another company wants Ray-what can Johns do? Nothing. At worst that movie makes more than JL?
    Which is honestly why I believe it was more a warning than a threat. He's not in a position to 'threaten' anyone's career. But he can give the helpful advice that if you get the reputation as a prima donna who causes trouble on the set and fights with the directors and bad mouths the studios you work for... nobody is going to offer you jobs.

Johns can't MAKE Disney or Sony not want to work with Ray... only Ray can make them not want to work with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I also think it's less that there is a TV show and more the specific type of TV show.
    There is a golden age of television, but I don't think I would include the CW stuff in that.
    Different people have different standards for sure.... But having grown up in the age where we got NOTHING on the air between Batman (66) and Flash (90) and having to see stuff like Mantis and Nightman that were lucky to get a whole season aired... and never in the right order... For super hero fans, this IS a golden age We have multiple shows on at the same time on multiple networks and even epic crossovers. Special effects blow away anything we'd had before... maybe not in the big budget level... but even those critically panned.

I can honestly say I never even imagined a weekly show with the Justice Society or an actual Crisis on Infinite Earths series...I think people are a bit hard on the CW stuff

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Different people have different standards for sure.... But having grown up in the age where we got NOTHING on the air between Batman (66) and Flash (90)
    I believe you're forgetting one from the '70s that featured my favorite dream girl on TV from that decade, but point taken.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Hollywood execs are jerks. More on this story as it develops.

I was kinda on his side at first, but not any more. Unless they were being racist, threatening his family, or kicking his dog, this dude needs to sit down. All he’s doing is making the Snyder Cut even more divisive and chaotic right when things were finally settling a bit.

I don't know who I believe one way or another, but it definitely seems like something serious happened between Geoff Johns and Ray Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I believe you're forgetting one from the '70s that featured my favorite dream girl on TV from that decade, but point taken.
    You are correct. But i also watched that back to back with Batman so kind of lump that in together. Same with Incredible Hulk. Forgot that too... but seriously the pickings were REALLY slim, then a few homemade or C list characters and nothing...

Idk, most superheroes are just as old as Superman and they at most only have 1 good film, if not zero (Fantastic Four). Superman, like Krypton, had its chance.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Idk, most superheroes are just as old as Superman and they at most only have 1 good film, if not zero (Fantastic Four). Superman, like Krypton, had its chance.
    Why are you acting like Superman's going away? He had his chance? It's not like we're talking about bringing back dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Hollywood execs are jerks. More on this story as it develops.

I was kinda on his side at first, but not any more. Unless they were being racist, threatening his family, or kicking his dog, this dude needs to sit down. All he’s doing is making the Snyder Cut even more divisive and chaotic right when things were finally settling a bit.
    Same! Though if these allegations turn out to be true and things go to court then wow, the effects this would have on DC is huge! Geoff is basically responsible for the current landscape of DC comics (a lot of big storylines and which characters get pushed!). Guess DC would really need to re-evaluate things

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why are you acting like Superman's going away? He had his chance? It's not like we're talking about bringing back dinosaurs.
    I think we're teetering on the brink of a reboot death spiral with Superman. If they walk away from MoS, I think the character can't be saved, at least theatrically.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Same! Though if these allegations turn out to be true and things go to court then wow, the effects this would have on DC is huge! Geoff is basically responsible for the current landscape of DC comics (a lot of big storylines and which characters get pushed!). Guess DC would really need to re-evaluate things
    The main rub seems to be if there was anything worth going to court over.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Pop culture is fickle, but it's also very forgiving. The Spider-Man films had gotten really bad, then bounced back. Same can happen with Superman.

All it takes is one good film.