Page 611 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1115115616016076086096106116126136146156216617111111 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,165 of 20948

Sounds like Johns was an ass, but him calling up Fischer seems to have taken place after JL, when Johns was no longer in a position of authority over Fischer. Doesn’t really seem like Fischer has a case for Johns threatening his career during JL if that’s all he has, although Johns was clearly a petty Dick for calling him up if that’s true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I think we're teetering on the brink of a reboot death spiral with Superman. If they walk away from MoS, I think the character can't be saved, at least theatrically.
    I don’t think he can be saved by sticking with Cavill. Spider-Man didn’t suffer at all from ditching the Garfieldverse. Snyder’s Superman is widely rejected and disliked. Battison has people excited, and Affleck was more well liked than Cavill, doubt people would care at all if Cavill was dropped. The X-Men have had three terrible movies back to back recently and they’re still coming back at some point. I get that you’re a /tv/ troll and a Snyder fanboy but honestly sticking with Cavill and Snyder is what’s going to kill the character, not dropping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sounds like Johns was an ass, but him calling up Fischer seems to have taken place after JL, when Johns was no longer in a position of authority over Fischer. Doesn’t really seem like Fischer has a case for Johns threatening his career during JL if that’s all he has, although Johns was clearly a petty Dick for calling him up if that’s true.
    I can't say I have any real inkling towards Johns' character, neither do I Fisher for that matter, but that phone call just sounds uncharacteristically petty to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't say I have any real inkling towards Johns' character, neither do I Fisher for that matter, but that phone call just sounds uncharacteristically petty to me.
    Stargirl’s cast has sung his praises but
    1. I have no doubt Johns was under a lot of pressure starting to salvage the DCEU after Snyder’s dumpster fire films
    2. Johns was probably sore about being the fall guy for JL
    3. Ray was also probably getting into fights with Johns about Whedon, earning Johns ire
    4. Johns probably also dislikes Snyder for ignoring Johns’ advice about his handling of the characters
    I could totally see Johns giving Fischer the finger after it looked like the Snyderverse was dead and buried while Johns seemed to have managed to still retain involvement on the TV side of DC. It’s unprofessional and makes him a dick, but it’s not something chargeable in court. It’s ultimately just Ray’s word against Johns though unless he’s got proof.

Stargirl’s cast has sung his praises but
    1. I have no doubt Johns was under a lot of pressure starting to salvage the DCEU after Snyder’s dumpster fire films
    2. Johns was probably sore about being the fall guy for JL
    3. Ray was also probably getting into fights with Johns about Whedon, earning Johns ire
    4. Johns probably also dislikes Snyder for ignoring Johns’ advice about his handling of the characters
    I could totally see Johns giving Fischer the finger after it looked like the Snyderverse was dead and buried while Johns seemed to have managed to still retain involvement on the TV side of DC. It’s unprofessional and makes him a dick, but it’s not something chargeable in court. It’s ultimately just Ray’s word against Johns though unless he’s got proof.
    Yeah, it's just I don't see the point of calling Ray up just to put him down with DP Cyborg. I mean, maybe Johns was just petty and vindictive then but it just seems a bit much.

Not that I'm immediately disbelieving Ray but it feels like there's a lot of he said, she said going on here and it's hard to really gauge who is being honest. I just don't know what to think.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

. Spider-Man didn’t suffer at all from ditching the Garfieldverse. Snyder’s Superman is widely rejected and disliked. Battison has people excited, and Affleck was more well liked than Cavill, doubt people would care at all if Cavill was dropped. The X-Men have had three terrible movies back to back recently and they’re still coming back at some point. I get that you’re a /tv/ troll and a Snyder fanboy but honestly sticking with Cavill and Snyder is what’s going to kill the character, not dropping them.
    Wasn't cavill trending when the rumours were spreading regarding his superman? superman hasn't had a quality anything with wb at the helm. Ever. They have made a sun wukong video game. That's like the monkey version of superman with shape-shifting to boot.Yet, they can't make a superman game?
    Best Superman things were produced and distributed by not wb and it happened eons ago,from what i know. Heck! Salkind is the reason superman the movie exists. The studio never had a clue on what to do with superman. Never.So, given their track record even if they reboot i doubt it would mean anything. It would be subpar as always. Clearly, these guys think of a spacedad(evil or good) when they want to make something with superman. That's why, it's always "hard" to make a superman movie.Worse, the character is now typecasted and boxed in.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-06-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Pop culture is fickle, but it's also very forgiving. The Spider-Man films had gotten really bad, then bounced back. Same can happen with Superman.

All it takes is one good film.
    Sony was thrown a lifeline with the MCU though, which isn't going to help Superman if they reboot him off to a separate universe.

The thing with Batman is too is that there are genuinely no 'bad' adaptations of the character. Even the Joel Schumacher movies were kind of kino so long as you adjust your expectations. It's legit insane how well the character has been portrayed. The problem with Superman though is I don't think he's ever going to outgrow his Christopher Reeves stuff.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I think we're teetering on the brink of a reboot death spiral with Superman. If they walk away from MoS, I think the character can't be saved, at least theatrically.
    Really? Reboot death spiral if they don't return to the least popular iteration of the character in 20 years?
    I don't think so.

Sony was thrown a lifeline with the MCU though, which isn't going to help Superman if they reboot him off to a separate universe.
    The thing is that the DCEU isn't the MCU. It's no lifeline.

I don’t think he can be saved by sticking with Cavill. Spider-Man didn’t suffer at all from ditching the Garfieldverse. Snyder’s Superman is widely rejected and disliked. Battison has people excited, and Affleck was more well liked than Cavill, doubt people would care at all if Cavill was dropped. The X-Men have had three terrible movies back to back recently and they’re still coming back at some point. I get that you’re a /tv/ troll and a Snyder fanboy but honestly sticking with Cavill and Snyder is what’s going to kill the character, not dropping them.
    The MCU Spiderman was hurt because of the Garfieldverse though, not because they ditched it, but because it existed. The whole reason why we got Uncle Iron Man in Homecoming is because people were tired of the origin story. Sure they skipped over something that was becoming tedious but at a narrative cost of essentially missing a major aspect of Spider-man''s mythos, like, to the point that a lot of hardcore fans hate MCU spiderman. This is also the reason why we're not seeing Harry Osborn and Green Goblin in the MCU. Like, if Superman was rebooted we're not going to get an origin story again, we're not going to get Zod or Lex Luther as bad guys.

Also, Cavill is super well liked, like even people who hate MoS like the actor. I mean, they're literally remaking JL because the demand was there. I don't know how people can claim the Snyderverse is a dead end when the Snyder Cut is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Really? Reboot death spiral if they don't return to the least popular iteration of the character in 20 years?
    I don't think so.
    Are you really trying to suggest that MoS is less popular than Superman Returns?

I think they should try to keep to the continuity they have already, which already has a fan base. You can perform a soft reboot like they did for Thor 3 and go in a different direction with a different creative team.

Are you really trying to suggest that MoS is less popular than Superman Returns?
    That's not much of a feat. That doesn't help the character to say the least.

I was curious about what the most viewed scenes from the DCEU on YouTube were and came up with the following list!

1) Superman vs Justice League- JL (127M)
    2) Floyd Lawton Deadshot- SS (99M)
    3) The Final Battle- JL (71M)
    4) Midway Airport Dress scene- SS (37M)
    5) Aquaman vs Black Manta (Sub)- Aquaman (33M)
    6) Aquaman vs Black Manta (Sicily)- Aquaman (29M)
    7) Batman vs Superman- BVS (29M)
    8) Aquaman vs Oceanmaster- Aquaman (28M)
    9) Faora vs Superman- MOS (25M)
    10) One True King- Aquaman (24M)
    10) Ending Cameo-Shazam! (24M)

Aquaman seems to be the most popular DCEU film by far, although Suicide Squad has a lot of scenes in the 10-20M range

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I was curious about what the most viewed scenes from the DCEU on YouTube were and came up with the following list!

1) Superman vs Justice League- JL (127M)
    2) Floyd Lawton Deadshot- SS (99M)
    3) The Final Battle- JL (71M)
    4) Midway Airport Dress scene- SS (37M)
    5) Aquaman vs Black Manta (Sub)- Aquaman (33M)
    6) Aquaman vs Black Manta (Sicily)- Aquaman (29M)
    7) Batman vs Superman- BVS (29M)
    8) Aquaman vs Oceanmaster- Aquaman (28M)
    9) Faora vs Superman- MOS (25M)
    10) One True King- Aquaman (24M)
    10) Ending Cameo-Shazam! (24M)

Aquaman seems to be the most popular DCEU film by far, although Suicide Squad has a lot of scenes in the 10-20M range
    I guess, people liked the superman flash scene in jl.

Even when someone admits to Johns being unprofessional, it seems they somehow try to blame it on the Snyder movies. And you just know that if it had been Snyder who was accused of something, it wouldn't matter if there was a lack of details for certain people.

That said, it does seem like there might not be anything worth going to court over though.

Astonishing Member

I don't know how people can claim the Snyderverse is a dead end when the Snyder Cut is coming out.
    Snyder's getting the Cut in a HBO mini-series, that's why. The Snyder Cut isn't Snyder's return to DCEU cinema, it's a last hoorah. It's not retconning canon DCEU like Whedon's Justice League did. He's not taking control back of the DCEU, that's over.