Page 613 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1135135636036096106116126136146156166176236637131113 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Things are definitely about to get more interesting. Will this open the floodgates and will we see Cavill and the others jump in?

This may put Gadot in an awkward position since Johns co-wrote her new movie...

See now that Momoa jumped on board I see there is definitely something to this at least outside of blindly following the Snyder cut fans wishes
    I think its a bit much to risk your career over a character that you have been playing in only one movie and then had to sit because the movie flopped
    If Johns was being a dick that's something that is going to hurt him but what's really going to hurt everyone in all of this is this is causing another split in the DC fandom

Its Johns vs Zack Snyder all over again just being done by proxy

I’m just wondering if this is Momoa supporting Ray on his issues with Johns or his issues with Whedon.

But I guess Fisher is more focused on Johns now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I’m just wondering if this is Momoa supporting Ray on his issues with Johns or his issues with Whedon.

But I guess Fisher is more focused on Johns now.
    I don't think we're supposed to know, all we do know is that Momoa vaguely supports Fisher and he's not saying anything in detail, either. It could be that he agrees Whedon and co. were being jerks not that they were abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I don't think we're supposed to know, all we do know is that Momoa vaguely supports Fisher and he's not saying anything in detail, either. It could be that he agrees Whedon and co. were being jerks not that they were abusive.
    I definitely think there's evidence that the re-shoots were uncomfortable for the entire cast.

Just when you thought the Justice League production couldn’t be anymore of a nightmare for WB (and more divisive to the fan community).

I don’t see Cavill joining in. He was the one hold out of the #releasethesnydercut. He’s done his own thing in the past and he’s got more to lose if he starts to complain about WB and Johns. He’s still holding out hope that he’ll get a MoS sequel and another big pay check. There were rumors that Affleck and Johns butted heads but I don’t think anything was confirmed. We’ll see. Gal seems to have a pretty good working relationship with Johns as he’s co-written and produced both Wonder Woman flicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Just when you thought the Justice League production couldn’t be anymore of a nightmare for WB (and more divisive to the fan community).

I don’t see Cavill joining in. He was the one hold out of the #releasethesnydercut. He’s done his own thing in the past and he’s got more to lose if he starts to complain about WB and Johns. He’s still holding out hope that he’ll get a MoS sequel and another big pay check. There were rumors that Affleck and Johns butted heads but I don’t think anything was confirmed. We’ll see. Gal seems to have a pretty good working relationship with Johns as he’s co-written and produced both Wonder Woman flicks.
    Cavill won’t say anything. If anything he was the one guy who praised Whedon’s take on Superman, and he only endorsed the Snyder Cut after Snyder had already come to an agreement. It will be hilarious if Hamada ends up losing his job thanks to the Snyder Cult given he was stupid enough to give them what they wanted because he thought he could profit from it. The whole era is a dumpster fire that WB is just too stupid to let go of, no matter how many times it burns them. Not really sure what will happen, nothing so far seems like Johns abusing his authority, he was just a petty Dick after the fact, and he already got demoted. Doubt he’ll be back for Aquaman 2 now though, although Maoma is set to voice a Frosty the Snowman movie that Berg and Johns are involved with. Will be interesting if he drops out of that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    ...UPDATE: #HenryCavillSuperman is trending right now on Twitter
    What does that mean in old people that still think twitter is a glorified chatroom language?

I mean I guess its a good thing; but is it a relevant good thing?

Last I heard Affleck got along with Johns (they just couldn't put together a Batman script) but things might have changed.

All the same I'm not sure if Momoa is supporting Fisher in terms of Johns or in terms of the issues with the production of JL. I don't think Momoa's expressed an opinion about Johns one way or another, come to think of it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Last I heard Affleck got along with Johns (they just couldn't put together a Batman script) but things might have changed.

All the same I'm not sure if Momoa is supporting Fisher in terms of Johns or in terms of the issues with the production of JL. I don't think Momoa's expressed an opinion about Johns one way or another, come to think of it.
    I heard the reverse, it was because Affleck had creative differences with johns and wb that he couldn’t finish the batman. I believe it was film gob on YouTube who was saying it.So take however you will.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    What does that mean in old people that still think twitter is a glorified chatroom language?

I mean I guess its a good thing; but is it a relevant good thing?
    It means, some people atleast give a damn about a non-evil jobber versions of superman.So, it might mean a good thing.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-07-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

Ok, so maybe there were NDAs with looming expirations, which might explain Fisher dragging things out

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Things are definitely about to get more interesting. Will this open the floodgates and will we see Cavill and the others jump in?

This may put Gadot in an awkward position since Johns co-wrote her new movie...
    I'm not sure it will place Gadot (or Jenkins) in an awkward position, apart from things being a dumpster fire around the rest of WB. Sure, Johns has a writing credit on WW84, but how much that means is anybody's guess. And no-one involved has said anything about Johns's writing skills. Gadot is doing the smart thing right now and says nothing, and Johns has been effectively invisible in the marketing of Wonder Woman 1984 (which really isn't surprising).

The one that really is in an awkward position, outside of Johns, is Walter Hamada.

When it comes to Momoa—well, first his Instagram handle and name of his production company really grates and lowers my opinion of him. But all he says is that he believes Fisher's story. If this is because he is friend with Fisher and trusts him, or that Fisher talked with him about this during the JL production, or that he saw Johns (or Berg or Whedon) being abusive towards Fisher, or if Momoa himself ran into trouble with them is anyone's guess. But given the phrasing, I lean towards the first two options.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Astonishing Member

Well I’m now hearing that Johns caused BTS problems for Aquaman (and has generally been causing problems since MoS), so that might explain it

God, I'm so tired of all the behind the scenes drama surrounding the DC movies.