Page 616 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1165165666066126136146156166176186196206266667161116 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 20948
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Wonder Woman 1984’: Exhibition Braces For Another Release Date Change During Pandemic Post-‘Tenet’

"With New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco movie theaters still not open, our exhibition sources are hearing that Warner Bros is apt to move Wonder Woman 1984 again, this time out of its current October 2 date to either sometime in November or possibly to late December. That would bump the studio’s Legendary feature Dune out of its December 18 weekend to sometime in 2021.

Tenet is another reason why Wonder Woman 1984 won’t be able to go during the first weekend of October. With sources currently estimating that New York and Los Angeles won’t open movie theaters until early October/late September, the Christopher Nolan movie will still need to make a big splash in those markets, or at least make its best effort. Having Wonder Woman 1984 in Tenet‘s way won’t help its hopeful domestic tail at the box office."

Full article: https://deadline.com/2020/09/wonder-...as-1203019735/

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    They would have to think there was a market for this product though and the Snyder fandom primarily used Twitter to get their message out.
    Oh I agree it helped, I just wouldn't give them too much credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Sure, the problem is there is level of flaw to character like recklessness, certain disregard for rules, short-temperedness... Etc that's associated. There is also the inherent solitude . If you round him up, have him think he knows better and should be preaching you naturally have a superdad. That's the general tendency with the character. Fans eagerly want the character to tame itself and remove the dangerous aspect far too quickly. They wrinkle their nose when superman is reckless. For example, seeing this as out of character.

They do it as well. Superman becomes this flying paragon of virtues and is seen in that context only. And then what? We hit dead end?Moreover, it takes hell of a time for a person to develop and somepeople don't change or shoulders change . Superman should have that dangerous aspect to the character,not just the kind-caring aspect. If you don't you are left with a bland character. Finally,virtues and vices are interchangeable to begin with depending on the context. Virtues can become vices and vice-versa. Superman's recklessness makes him act. It can solve problems and get him into problems. If you remove that, he doesn't act and is entirely complacent. He will be well rounded. But, would lose that sharpness as character.So, sometimes that kind of negotiations shouldn't happen at all. But, that's what happens. Fans make a fuss about superman being "dick" . But, Can you imagine a superman who doesn't break chains or a luffy that doesn't punch a strong wall?
    I guess, what i am saying is. Superman is a wild white wolf. He shouldn't get too tame.
    I agree with you, there needs to be that underlying man of action aspect to him, he's the star of Action Comics after all. But I disagree with the notion everyone wants him tame. Jeans and t-shirt Superman in Morrison's Action Comics run was very popular after all (not for me, but that's more me not liking his way of presenting a story, I thought he got the character pretty right though). Earth One has a fanbase. Even Cavill's Superman has fans. We just need a Superman like that in a much, much more fun and happy movie than we've gotten in 20 years. Basically if Man of Steel had more the tone of Indiana Jones or the original Star Wars we wouldn't have a problem today.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ‘Wonder Woman 1984’: Exhibition Braces For Another Release Date Change During Pandemic Post-‘Tenet’

"With New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco movie theaters still not open, our exhibition sources are hearing that Warner Bros is apt to move Wonder Woman 1984 again, this time out of its current October 2 date to either sometime in November or possibly to late December. That would bump the studio’s Legendary feature Dune out of its December 18 weekend to sometime in 2021.

Tenet is another reason why Wonder Woman 1984 won’t be able to go during the first weekend of October. With sources currently estimating that New York and Los Angeles won’t open movie theaters until early October/late September, the Christopher Nolan movie will still need to make a big splash in those markets, or at least make its best effort. Having Wonder Woman 1984 in Tenet‘s way won’t help its hopeful domestic tail at the box office."

Good Lord just delay it to 2021 at this point. The box office is going to take years to recover from Covid, even after we get a vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good Lord just delay it to 2021 at this point. The box office is going to take years to recover from Covid, even after we get a vaccine.
    I doubt it will take years to recover, but I agree it should be delayed until next year. 2020 is a wash. However long it does take to recover, it won't be until after covid. While covid continues to be a thing, don't release any movies you really need to make bank on.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm hoping they just push it out to 2021 already. It will suck, but it will be safer

Ugh, WW1984 and the final Evangelion movie were going to be my big movies of the summer (i've been waiting on the latter since 2012!!). Them being just within reach when all this went down is a serious kick in the nads lol.

This was obvious when Tenet flopped domestically. 2020 is a wash and they need to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This was obvious when Tenet flopped domestically. 2020 is a wash and they need to accept that.
    It was honestly obvious even before Tenet that the domestic market can't handle a big movie right now and it's insane to try. But I guess the financial pressure was such that they needed the proof. Tenet was their sacrifice to say, "Yeah, this is a bad idea, see," to the executives I think.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just put it on streaming already.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Just put it on streaming already.
    Because it'd probably lose money if it goes straight to streaming. Plus there's probably deals and contracts and legalese with the theaters.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because it'd probably lose money if it goes straight to streaming. Plus there's probably deals and contracts and legalese with the theaters.
    Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot of contract stuff. I've just been itching to see WW84.

A shame though. Who knows if big ole dirty megaplexes are even going to be a thing anymore? The way people watch movies is changing. The culture is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot of contract stuff. I've just been itching to see WW84.

A shame though. Who knows if big ole dirty megaplexes are even going to be a thing anymore? The way people watch movies is changing. The culture is changing.
    I really don't think that's the case. People are itching and ready to go back to normal. I don't see theaters going away. Once covid is over people will be packing in for blockbusters like before. Some theaters won't survive covid to get there, but yeah, it's not a culture change.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm hoping they just push it out to 2021 already. It will suck, but it will be safer

Ugh, WW1984 and the final Evangelion movie were going to be my big movies of the summer (i've been waiting on the latter since 2012!!). Them being just within reach when all this went down is a serious kick in the nads lol.
    I remind you all of another movie that fell victim to delays. It like Wonder Woman had products out while the film was delayed. In this film's case the toys and stuff were out a good 3-4 months.

In the end all that stuff out helped get more folks interested in the film and it got a "better" slot against lesser competition.

That movie was Blade.

Wonder Woman stuff is already out. Does waiting till Spring Break or Martin Luther King Holiday really going to hurt it?

They’ve purged all their head people like what, 3 times by now? I think they fired the head of HBO Max who approved the Snyder Cut as well (although Hamada is still there for now). Really goes to show how impressive a job Feige has done, dude runs a tight ship.
    A good studio can hide it's drama. You want to shut up a Ray Fisher-"you bring the script and we'll do it for under $10 million." Or sign you to a contract where WB FINDS you work on a WB project. Ronreacco Lee (Survivor's Remorse and 1988's Return of Swamp Thing) and I think Damon Wayans Jr among others had deals like this.

They would have to think there was a market for this product though and the Snyder fandom primarily used Twitter to get their message out.
    If you were doing it with him doing commentary on raw footage and offer tidbits-like a director's master class or something-yeah I could see HBO going for that.

But to fund 30 million to finish a film that you are NOT going to follow in its footsteps-is another thing. I suspect they HOPE those who go for the free trial will watch and forget to cancel before billing. If they got 1,875,000 folks to stay and get billed ONE month. Or a combination of 157 new folks a month.

They just got back their investment if they can do that in one month.
    I am basing this on $14.99 a month (I know it's 11.99 for now) with taxes (I am using Dallas tax rate 8.25%).

I suspect that is what they are hoping on. I would advise ALL to pay attention to what gets released on DVD and Blue Ray leading up to that Snyder Cut showing.
    If Lovecraft keeps doing what it is doing I would be shocked if it's on DVD beforehand.

movies are gonna be a wash financially until a worldwide reopening begins even in the US its hardly safe to go see a movie in a dark movie theater compared to your home. I can see the alure of a streaming service release in that mentality
    Right now even movie theaters can't even open to capacity so it would be foolish to expect any movie to make money akin to pre covid times
    WB should just accept the loss and release it on streaming pushing it back more and more is just going to hurt it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I remind you all of another movie that fell victim to delays. It like Wonder Woman had products out while the film was delayed. In this film's case the toys and stuff were out a good 3-4 months.

In the end all that stuff out helped get more folks interested in the film and it got a "better" slot against lesser competition.

That movie was Blade.

Wonder Woman stuff is already out. Does waiting till Spring Break or Martin Luther King Holiday really going to hurt it?
    Oh no I'm aware it will be just fine, if not better off, in the long run with the delay. I'm actually hoping it will be for both the film's benefit and more importantly for everyone's safety. I'm just complaining for purely selfish purposes lol.

Evangelion meanwhile might be re-scheduled to coincide with the Olympics in Japan, as we prepare to enter the world of Akira in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    movies are gonna be a wash financially until a worldwide reopening begins even in the US its hardly safe to go see a movie in a dark movie theater compared to your home. I can see the alure of a streaming service release in that mentality
    Right now even movie theaters can't even open to capacity so it would be foolish to expect any movie to make money akin to pre covid times
    WB should just accept the loss and release it on streaming pushing it back more and more is just going to hurt it.
    How will pushing it back hurt it?