Page 617 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1175175676076136146156166176186196206216276677171117 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Oh no I'm aware it will be just fine, if not better off, in the long run with the delay. I'm actually hoping it will be for both the film's benefit and more importantly for everyone's safety. I'm just complaining for purely selfish purposes lol.

Evangelion meanwhile might be re-scheduled to coincide with the Olympics in Japan, as we prepare to enter the world of Akira in real life.
    I watched Akira once, I don't remember everyone wearing masks. In what way are we entering the world of Akira in real life?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I watched Akira once, I don't remember everyone wearing masks. In what way are we entering the world of Akira in real life?
    It's been a while since I've watched it, but 2020 or 2021 Olympics being in Tokyo was a plot point I think lol.

With how this year has been going...

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's been a while since I've watched it, but 2020 or 2021 Olympics being in Tokyo was a plot point I think lol.

With how this year has been going...
    Huh, really got to rewatch it myself, I don't remember that bit. But it was a few years back when I saw it.

How will pushing it back hurt it?
    They've already blown a fortune on advertising, so this constant game of delaying it every few months, releasing a new ad campaign for the new date, and then delaying it again is only tacking on more and more expenses they now have to recoup.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They've already blown a fortune on advertising, so this constant game of delaying it every few months, releasing a new ad campaign for the new date, and then delaying it again is only tacking on more and more expenses they now have to recoup.
    Then stop advertising it until the covid crisis is over or much better controlled now.

Nevermind the calculation of which hurts it worse - the costs of delay versus the much smaller pool of money it can make by going straight to streaming. Going to streaming might hurt it worse than being delayed until next summer.

Ultimate Member

Then stop advertising it until the covid crisis is over or much better controlled now.

Nevermind the calculation of which hurts it worse - the costs of delay versus the much smaller pool of money it can make by going straight to streaming. Going to streaming might hurt it worse than being delayed until next summer.
    You can't if you already sold that ad time to networks or radio stations.

Especially those networks who bought those ads for new shows (the ones that already had stuff filmed or who kept filming in secret like Tyler Perry did for 4 different shows of his).

Akira was set in 2019. The Manga had the Olympics referenced in it not the movie (I have both dubs of the movie and don't remember it being mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You can't if you already sold that ad time to networks or radio stations.

Especially those networks who bought those ads for new shows (the ones that already had stuff filmed or who kept filming in secret like Tyler Perry did for 4 different shows of his).

Akira was set in 2019. The Manga had the Olympics referenced in it not the movie (I have both dubs of the movie and don't remember it being mentioned).
    Ah. Never read the manga.

As for advertising that sucks, but still might not be hurtful enough to go straight to streaming.

Not surprised about the postponement. And remember that there is a double whammy: not only are theatres not open in major cities, the theatres that are open are operating at 25% capacity or less. Fewer movies and longer time in theatres can compensate, but not that much.

My WAG is that WB will be really happy if they can get $200M domestically for WW84.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Calling it now: It won’t make that date either. Once winter hits, the flu AND covid wrecking the population? Yeah no way will theaters be able to open by then. This year is a wash.

Ultimate Member

Ah. Never read the manga.

As for advertising that sucks, but still might not be hurtful enough to go straight to streaming.
    Those shows have already paid and I doubt streaming will hurt. As long as those ads air is what matters.

Now I can't say the same for any bus posters and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Those shows have already paid and I doubt streaming will hurt. As long as those ads air is what matters.

Now I can't say the same for any bus posters and stuff like that.
    People still need to see the movie, not just the ads air to make money.

And films make more dough in theaters then streaming (well, any other year).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash Movie Restarts Everything, Features a Lot of DC Characters

"Well, I want you to go see it, so I'm not going to tell you a lot," Muschietti explained. "But what I will tell you is that it's a ride. It's going to be fun and exciting and there are a lot of DC characters in it. Flash is the superhero of this film because he is the bridge between all of these characters and timelines. And in a way, it restarts everything and doesn't forget anything."

"This movie is a bit of a hinge in the sense that it presents a story that implies a unified universe where all the cinematic iterations that we’ve seen before are valid,” director Andy Muschietti said in an interview last month. “It’s inclusive in the sense that it is saying all that you’ve seen exists, and everything that you will see exists, in the same unified multiverse."

"What captivated me about the Flash is the human drama in it," Muschietti previously revealed. “The human feelings and emotions that play in the drama [of it]. It’s going to be fun, too. I can’t promise that there will be any horror [elements in it], really, but it’s a beautiful human story."

Source: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...nt-dc-fandome/

Ultimate Member

People still need to see the movie, not just the ads air to make money.

And films make more dough in theaters then streaming (well, any other year).
    Someone spent MONEY to pay for those ads to DC/WB-so it's not like they haven't gotten something for that movie.

Those ads are not free and depending on what network you are-you are NOT paying the same price as someone else.

Going back into to some old data that I know.

Showing those movie ads 4 times is going to cost CBS double the cost it would for Fox and that is for one night.

I am sorry folks want this in theaters-TOUGH.

What family member does anyone want to risk dying from a virus just so they can see that movie.

If it FLOPS everyone understands why-something beyond anyone's control caused it.

Any executive trying to use a low box office to stop a WW 3 needs to be shown the door. Leave that thinking to the trolls.

If they were worried about money-shouldn't have given ANYTHING to the Snyder Cult.

DC knows they are going to lose money-Wal-Mart has already tossed her dolls in clearance today.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash Movie Restarts Everything, Features a Lot of DC Characters

"Well, I want you to go see it, so I'm not going to tell you a lot," Muschietti explained. "But what I will tell you is that it's a ride. It's going to be fun and exciting and there are a lot of DC characters in it. Flash is the superhero of this film because he is the bridge between all of these characters and timelines. And in a way, it restarts everything and doesn't forget anything."

"This movie is a bit of a hinge in the sense that it presents a story that implies a unified universe where all the cinematic iterations that we’ve seen before are valid,” director Andy Muschietti said in an interview last month. “It’s inclusive in the sense that it is saying all that you’ve seen exists, and everything that you will see exists, in the same unified multiverse."

"What captivated me about the Flash is the human drama in it," Muschietti previously revealed. “The human feelings and emotions that play in the drama [of it]. It’s going to be fun, too. I can’t promise that there will be any horror [elements in it], really, but it’s a beautiful human story."

Source: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...nt-dc-fandome/
    I wonder if they'll use alternate versions to get around the actor issue.