Page 619 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1195195696096156166176186196206216226236296697191119 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Why give the December 25 date then?

Now, I'm fairly sure that WB has a backup date in mind if the December 25 release doesn't work out, but that's not the same as knowing you will delay it again. And remember that WB and the other studios should be aware that they need to keep the theatres afloat until we can get a wide-spread and reliable vaccine, and for that they need new movies in the threatres that are open. Will WW84 make a loss for WB if released in December? Probably, but further postponements also cost money, and any theatre that goes into liquidation will lessen the profit potential for future movies.
    Hollywood executives are pretty greedy, I doubt they are planning any sacrificial lambs to keep theaters afloat, especially after Tenet. Again, if they have to take a loss they will, but I don't think that they're near as close to making that call as you think they are. It's not like setting a date they know probably won't happen is going to cost them money. They don't buy ads the moment they set a date. It'll be postponed again.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Correct.

Then the WB had no business in pandering to the Snyder Cult. To get back that $30 million they would need over 2.6 thousand need subscribers.

No one told them to delay the film when that date was before all this.

A loss is a loss-how big do you want it? Toss that film on the shelf until there is a vaccine.

Amazing what happens when people don't vote in elections. ANY elections.
    The Snyder Cut isn't the same thing. It's weird that you keep focusing on that. It's only 30 mill vs 200-ish mill. For content for a new streaming service it makes sense. But putting out a big tentpole film like Wonder Woman straight to streaming doesn't.

And does it cost much just to give it a date? I'm really starting to doing this argument that they buy more ad time every time they delay it.

I just seriously don't think that it's as big a deal to just delay it like this as some of you are arguing...

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash Movie Restarts Everything, Features a Lot of DC Characters

"Well, I want you to go see it, so I'm not going to tell you a lot," Muschietti explained. "But what I will tell you is that it's a ride. It's going to be fun and exciting and there are a lot of DC characters in it. Flash is the superhero of this film because he is the bridge between all of these characters and timelines. And in a way, it restarts everything and doesn't forget anything."

"This movie is a bit of a hinge in the sense that it presents a story that implies a unified universe where all the cinematic iterations that we’ve seen before are valid,” director Andy Muschietti said in an interview last month. “It’s inclusive in the sense that it is saying all that you’ve seen exists, and everything that you will see exists, in the same unified multiverse."

"What captivated me about the Flash is the human drama in it," Muschietti previously revealed. “The human feelings and emotions that play in the drama [of it]. It’s going to be fun, too. I can’t promise that there will be any horror [elements in it], really, but it’s a beautiful human story."

Source: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...nt-dc-fandome/
    I think that could be pretty cool. I can imagine casual audiences being pretty impressed by the acknowledgement of multiple cinematic versions.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

The Flash Movie Restarts Everything, Features a Lot of DC Characters

"Well, I want you to go see it, so I'm not going to tell you a lot," Muschietti explained. "But what I will tell you is that it's a ride. It's going to be fun and exciting and there are a lot of DC characters in it. Flash is the superhero of this film because he is the bridge between all of these characters and timelines. And in a way, it restarts everything and doesn't forget anything."

"This movie is a bit of a hinge in the sense that it presents a story that implies a unified universe where all the cinematic iterations that we’ve seen before are valid,” director Andy Muschietti said in an interview last month. “It’s inclusive in the sense that it is saying all that you’ve seen exists, and everything that you will see exists, in the same unified multiverse."

"What captivated me about the Flash is the human drama in it," Muschietti previously revealed. “The human feelings and emotions that play in the drama [of it]. It’s going to be fun, too. I can’t promise that there will be any horror [elements in it], really, but it’s a beautiful human story."

Source: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...nt-dc-fandome/
    I am so excited for this movie. Opening up the multiverse on film, having Michael Keaton return as well as Ben Affleck. Hopefully this creates some form of continuity between DC films and sets them on a actual path to some sort of overall plan.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I am so excited for this movie. Opening up the multiverse on film, having Michael Keaton return as well as Ben Affleck. Hopefully this creates some form of continuity between DC films and sets them on a actual path to some sort of overall plan.
    Technically they all share continuity in a multiverse, but don't know it and typically can't interact or team up much. Which is preferred. The Batman, JOKER, more films like this outside main DCEU please.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Jason Momoa Backs Ray Fisher's 'Justice League' Claims: "People Need to be Held Accountable": https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ld-accountable

It's interesting how Johns spent so much time trying to make Auqaman and Cyborg more relevant characters and trying to prepare them for their live action adaptations and these are the two actors that turn on him. Such a weird situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First look at Krypto from the upcoming Super Pets animated film:

That is a rather awkward back leg position lolol.

Astonishing Member

Jason Momoa Backs Ray Fisher's 'Justice League' Claims: "People Need to be Held Accountable": https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ld-accountable
    Momoa's still is very vague. I can understand he thought Whedon was unprofessional but Ray's making it about something else and nobody is supporting the abuse allegation.

Lol I can't wait for the spin
    Now it looks like nothing will come from this because of corporate interference but all in this is a big black eye for everyone behind Justice League

I keep seeing this but there is no info aside from "They being mean to me wahh"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I keep reading on the geek "news" sites that Cavill is confirmed as appearing in Flashpoint but I can't find any legit news source.

So, should I assume this is BS or has anyone heard anything more concrete?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I keep reading on the geek "news" sites that Cavill is confirmed as appearing in Flashpoint but I can't find any legit news source.

So, should I assume this is BS or has anyone heard anything more concrete?
    Yeah, I think the internet would be going insane if Cavill was officially announced to be in Flashpoint.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Momoa's still is very vague. I can understand he thought Whedon was unprofessional but Ray's making it about something else and nobody is supporting the abuse allegation.
    I know everyone just wants the actors to just come out and publicly say what happened but I can understand why they aren't. Fisher would be in a very difficult situation legally if he made some serious public allegations that he couldn't corroborate or substantiate. It's not what you know, it is what you can prove.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I know everyone just wants the actors to just come out and publicly say what happened but I can understand why they aren't. Fisher would be in a very difficult situation legally if he made some serious public allegations that he couldn't corroborate or substantiate. It's not what you know, it is what you can prove.
    Fisher already said legally problematic stuff out of the gate by saying Whedon committed abuse on set. There's absolutely no reason for him not make specific allegations, that's what allegations are they're not insinuations. He's bought the heat without the details of why we should care and what's leaked out has made him look petty rather than having a concrete argument. What's confusing is that he's acting like he's in the middle of a court case. The things gain momentum with details, sometimes that's all it takes to get things rolling. It's so bizarre. And his supporters, like the Iris actress and Momoa aren't doing much in making his claims substantial.