Page 62 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566721121625621062 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Also, Harley Quinn is not likely to be the focal point of the future DCEU. That spot will belong to Wonder Woman. The reason we do not hear about a gazillion Wonder Woman projects is because WB immediately sat down with Patty Jenkins and worked out how and when to produce the next one.
    I can't but help feel that Harley is the poster child for the DCEU. Birds of Prey, SS 2, Gotham City Sirens, Solo Harley, Harley and Joker.......that's a lot of Harley.

And the crazy thing for me is she last appeared in 2016 onscreen. There's a good possibility that it will be 4 years from that date she will reappear and then just a glut of Harley for who knows how long. If a character made such an impact why wait so long and then attempt to have her star in so many movies? That's really overkill IMO.

Gadot's WW is way more popular yet the DCEU isn't trying to get her to star in so many films.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I can't but help feel that Harley is the poster child for the DCEU. Birds of Prey, SS 2, Gotham City Sirens, Solo Harley, Harley and Joker.......that's a lot of Harley.

And the crazy thing for me is she last appeared in 2016 onscreen. There's a good possibility that it will be 4 years from that date she will reappear and then just a glut of Harley for who knows how long. If a character made such an impact why wait so long and then attempt to have her star in so many movies? That's really overkill IMO.

Gadot's WW is way more popular yet the DCEU isn't trying to get her to star in so many films.
    Like with so many of DC’s movie slate, things have changed a lot with the Harley Quinn plans.

The next Suicide Squad movie will be its own thing and not a direct sequel to the first movie. James Gunn may not use any of the cast from the other film.

Gotham City Sirens probably isn’t going to happen. It’s been speculated that WB and Robbie liked the script for BoP better than what was planned for Gotham City Sirens. So one got the green light and the other is now on the back burner.

Robbie stated that she doesn’t think Harley should have a solo movie because “Harley loves being with friends.”

“I pitched the idea of an R-rated girl gang film including Harley, because I was like, ‘Harley needs friends.’ Harley loves interacting with people, so don’t ever make her do a standalone film. She’s got to be with other people, it should be a girl gang. I wasn’t seeing enough girl gangs on screen, especially in the action space. So that was always a big part of it.

And who knows if Leto will ever play the Joker again. I really hope not.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-28-2018 at 01:02 AM.

Last edited by Gaastra; 11-28-2018 at 09:22 AM.

The more I hear about "Aquaman", the more becomes evident it's just a Marvel movie with a DC logo on it. (sigh)

I hope I'm wrong, but if my fears about "Aquaman" and "Shazam" come true, I'm definitely done with the DCEU.

And people thought that Walter Hamada would be the "salvation" of DC movies. (roll eyes) But I guess I shouldn't be surprised after they brought James "pedo jokes are funny" Gunn on board.

To quote that old song from The Who: "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    The more I hear about "Aquaman", the more becomes evident it's just a Marvel movie with a DC logo on it. (sigh)

I hope I'm wrong, but if my fears about "Aquaman" and "Shazam" come true, I'm definitely done with the DCEU.

And people thought that Walter Hamada would be the "salvation" of DC movies. (roll eyes) But I guess I shouldn't be surprised after they brought James "pedo jokes are funny" Gunn on board.

I am worried about this. But as long as it isn't excessive, I can bite my tongue at the cornier moments. I just hope it isn't a forgettable blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post

I guess right now everything but BoP is still smoke (although SS2 being pretty dense one).

From the 5 DCEU movies we had yet one had HQ with another sure one (BoP) upcoming and three had WW with a fourth sure one (WW2) upcoming.

And considering (few/some/many/legion?) of the fans of the characters which are not Harley Quinn are a little bit (or a big bit more) irked by the portrayal of their favorite characters and the Birds of Prey source material in general BoP might eventually be in for a rough box office ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post

There should be a diversity of tones in the DCEU. Aquaman and Shazam are not grim dark properties. That's what Snyder and company failed to understand.

If you thought there was any chance they’d keep following Snyder after he proved so divisive I don’t know what to tell you. The era of grim-dark angst and crappy color filters is over.

God I’m so happy to see Aquaman getting good reception. Hopefully this puts an end to the jokes and people treating the Superfriends incarnation as who Arthur is these days.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’ve seen Aquaman being described as “My Man” the movie. Which is about what you should expect given his appearance in Justice League and the trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    There should be a diversity of tones in the DCEU. Aquaman and Shazam are not grim dark properties. That's what Snyder and company failed to understand.
    Quoted for truth. Im so glad we're moving away from Snyder's tone and actually matching each character with the tone that fits them.

Who would have thought that Wonder Woman and Aquaman would end up being DC's biggest properties!? Especially back when BVS was announced...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I would say DC doesn't understand that either.

DC has become the grimdark over the past decade or so.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Quoted for truth. Im so glad we're moving away from Snyder's tone and actually matching each character with the tone that fits them.

Who would have thought that Wonder Woman and Aquaman would end up being DC's biggest properties!? Especially back when BVS was announced...
    Agree. Aquaman and Shazam don't even fit with Snyder's tone. Especially Shazam. Probably would've been an emo kid.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are finally getting their dues.

A Superhero movie being fun and having jokes does not instantly make it a Marvel movie.

From all the promotional material and trailers we've seen I don't foresee this movie being as quip-a-minute as some Marvel movies. I think if anything it'll be closer in tone and style to Black Panther, which wasn't humorless but wasn't as comedic as other MCU movies.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Aquaman and Shazam are really making me excited for the future of the DCEU. It’s really refreshing to see DC being more confident to give movies to characters other than Batman and Superman.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A Superhero movie being fun and having jokes does not instantly make it a Marvel movie.

From all the promotional material and trailers we've seen I don't foresee this movie being as quip-a-minute as some Marvel movies. I think if anything it'll be closer in tone and style to Black Panther, which wasn't humorless but wasn't as comedic as other MCU movies.
    Also Winter Soldier. Barely had any jokes and handled serious tones really well.