Page 64 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768741141645641064 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    In other words, they will once again use Snyder as scapegoat instead of owning their mistakes and trying to make amends with the fandom that supported the franchise since the beginning. Because they're only interested in pandering to critics, bloggers and MCU fanboys. And a lot of people here are TOTALLY okay with that. Hell, I bet if dig around, I will find out that some of these people even CELEBRATED when Snyder announced he was stepping down because of his daughter's death.
    WB messed up and it's their fault for choosing Synder to build up the DCEU. I personally thought he was a terrible choice and it all fell apart like I thought it would. Snyder is a Stylistic director like Micheal Bay, doing style over substance. But Synder tries to do style that mixes with substance but his work generally comes across as pretentious and acting smarter than it really is. This isn't how you should go about building a universe, you need to have a consistent plan that everyone is on board with. You can't just have a director go off and build whatever he wants and then say we will figure it all out as we go along.

As for the people celebrating his daughter's death, that's just awful. How good or bad you are perceived as a creative shouldn't lead to people being awful people to someone.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Jaime Reyes ‘Blue Beetle’ Latino Superhero Movie in Development at DC and Warner Bros (Exclusive): https://www.thewrap.com/jaime-reyes-...ino-superhero/
    Nothing says a course-correction to more brighter and fun tentpoles then a Blue Beetle film .

I wonder if they'll try and spin Jaime as their Spider-Man stand-in. I'm also curious if they'll work in Ted like the Rebirth run did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    The radio silence from Matt Reeves’ Batman is a little weird.
    It doesn't even seem clear whether the movie will star Affleck or even be set in-continuity with the other films.

I'm not surprised we haven't heard much more concrete about it by this point.

Jaime Reyes ‘Blue Beetle’ Latino Superhero Movie in Development at DC and Warner Bros (Exclusive): https://www.thewrap.com/jaime-reyes-...ino-superhero/
    This would be so amazing! The first Hispanic superhero to star in his own movie! Both Marvel/Disney and DC/WB have been trying to get more diversity on screen, so it’s no surprise that Blue Beetle would get some attention. He’s a really great character when done right (see the Giffen/Rogers series).

Best news I've heard all day! Blue Beetle has immense potential and can definitely be a huge hit for WB! Ao glad WB sees the potential too!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

Analysts are predicting that Aquaman will open to over 100M for the weekend. It will be the first movie to do so since Jurassic Kingdom in June. It should top the competition easily and win the war at the box office. Wonder if it can cross 300M domestic https://comicbook.com/dc/hottopics/2...-opening-june/

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    In other words, they will once again use Snyder as scapegoat instead of owning their mistakes and trying to make amends with the fandom that supported the franchise since the beginning. Because they're only interested in pandering to critics, bloggers and MCU fanboys. And a lot of people here are TOTALLY okay with that. Hell, I bet if dig around, I will find out that some of these people even CELEBRATED when Snyder announced he was stepping down because of his daughter's death.

I remember when people here screamed at the sky that they would NEVER buy any comic from DC ever again every time someone walked away from a book because of disagreements with the editors. And here we are, with "fans" siding with studio suits against an actual filmmaker.
    I think WB/DC wants and needs to make four-quadrant comic book films. Aside from Wonder Woman the DCEU films have been divisive among DC fans and film fans in general. There's something wrong when children are cheering in the aisles during The Avengers and sleeping from boredom in Batman v Superman.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Why is anyone surprised Momoa is throwing around jokes in Aquaman? What did you think was gonna happen? Snyder is the one that cast him in the role and he damn well knew why he wanted Momoa in the first place. It's not as if he wasn't acting the same way in Justice League.

This has nothing to do with Wan, but more so with Snyder casting Jason Momoa to act as Jason Momoa in the role of Arthur Curry. I'm all for giving Snyder a break or whatever but he should be held accountable for his own actions. This is the same guy that cast Eisenberg as his version of Lex. He knew what he was doing and he knew what he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Why is anyone surprised Momoa is throwing around jokes in Aquaman? What did you think was gonna happen? Snyder is the one that cast him in the role and he damn well knew why he wanted Momoa in the first place. It's not as if he wasn't acting the same way in Justice League.

This has nothing to do with Wan, but more so with Snyder casting Jason Momoa to act as Jason Momoa in the role of Arthur Curry. I'm all for giving Snyder a break or whatever but he should be held accountable for his own actions. This is the same guy that cast Eisenberg as his version of Lex. He knew what he was doing and he knew what he wanted.
    Held accountable for casting someone who has the potential to make Arthur a hero that the audience root for and genuinely accept? Of course he should be held accountable for that. Just like he should be held accountable for casting Gal Gadot, among others.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Held accountable for casting someone who has the potential to make Arthur a hero that the audience root for and genuinely accept? Of course he should be held accountable for that. Just like he should be held accountable for casting Gal Gadot, among others.
    I'm not complaining about that at all. I'm simply saying a humorous to Arthur was something I expected the moment I saw the first sizzle reel for Justice League. Momoa amongst other things is plenty charismatic, funny and seems like a great guy and that is exactly what Snyder wanted for Arthur (regardless of whether I like it or not). I don't think James Wan directing an Aquaman film and making Arthur funny is being done to be more like Marvel or go against Snyder's vision or whatever. That's what he wanted and his fans should recognise that.

You yourself say he should be credited for Gadot as Wondy and I agree. Whatever he saw in her is also what Patty was able to bring out for her solo film. The tones may be different but the characters are the same. I'm simply saying people shouldn't be surprised. Snyder wanted Arthur Curry to be like Momoa. That much is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I don't know if Snyder cast Momoa as Aquaman so he could act like Momoa in the role. I think that came after the course-correction for Justice League. I think he was going for a more Khal Drago Aquaman then what we ended up with.

Although if you listen to a lot of the recent commercials with Arthur's narration it seems like he will definitely have some serious and somber moments in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if Snyder cast Momoa as Aquaman so he could act like Momoa in the role. I think that came after the course-correction for Justice League. I think he was going for a more Khal Drago Aquaman then what we ended up with.

Although if you listen to a lot of the recent commercials with Arthur's narration it seems like he will definitely have some serious and somber moments in the film.
    I agree with this. Not sure Snyder really wanted Momoa's Aquaman to be very charismatic and funny (I remember he was mostly very serious and angry in the first SDCC footage we saw). Gal Gadot wasn't funny at all in BvS. She was sarcastic with Bruce not funny, IMO. Whatever happened to Momoa's Aquaman in Justice League, it worked for the most part, IMO. I'd like to know what Aquaman scenes in JL were Snyder.. I think the "Dressed like a bat. I dig it" line was Snyder? Hmm not sure, but I liked it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I agree with this. Not sure Snyder really wanted Momoa's Aquaman to be very charismatic and funny (I remember he was mostly very serious and angry in the first SDCC footage we saw). Gal Gadot wasn't funny at all in BvS. She was sarcastic with Bruce not funny, IMO. Whatever happened to Momoa's Aquaman in Justice League, it worked for the most part, IMO. I'd like to know what Aquaman scenes in JL were Snyder.. I think the "Dressed like a bat. I dig it" line was Snyder? Hmm not sure, but I liked it.
    I thought Aquabro was still present in the first Justice League trailer that full of pre-reshoot material?

There’s a Zatanna movie in the works!

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/30/...s-warner-bros/

!emosewA

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There’s a Zatanna movie in the works!

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/30/...s-warner-bros/

!emosewA
    It seems like everything is in the works.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Keep in mind, discussions to begin developing a movie is not exactly the same as actually having the movie in development.

I bet many of DC's lesser-known characters (to the mainstream), not just Zatanna, have discussions regarding movies but we don't hear about all of them.