Page 640 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1405405906306366376386396406416426436446506907401140 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 20948
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I wonder why they did the trailer in black and white?
    Snyder explained that after he left the production of JL in 2017, the only copy he could save of the movie was in black and white. He kept working on it at home, and showed it to friends over time. This is the copy from which his Vero's JL pics came from and the one he showed to WB's bosses in 2020 after he got a call to discuss a potential release of his cut. He said he experienced his JL movie in black and white for years, and that became the "purest" version of it for him.

Look the full movie could be also released in black and white after the miniseries on HBO Max will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Steppenwolf looks so overdesigned.
    It was reported that Snyder said Steppenwolf will appear naked without his spiky armor in a scene. No one asked for this either. 😂

And I don't really get the need for black and white. This isn't Batman or some film noir film. These people actually have colorful costumes and are fighting space aliens!
    HBO Max uploaded the colored version of the trailer few hours later:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-18-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

They're both cgi messes, indiscernible heads with eyes. My issue has always been that Steppenwolf is a nothing character and Ultron is one of comic books most iconic villains.
    ... but Ultron clearly looks like a robot and Steppenwolf looks like an alien wearing armor made of needles. We must be seeing two different things because I don't see the resemblance at all.

Behind the Scenes of Wonder Woman 1984 by Swarovski:

Wonder Woman 1984 - Official Main Trailer:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-19-2020 at 01:36 AM.

Wonder Woman is coming to theaters and HBO Max the same day.

“Wonder Woman 1984” is heading to HBO Max and movie theaters on the same day. The superhero sequel, from Warner Bros., is still expected to debut in the U.S. on Christmas Day.

Internationally, where HBO Max is not available, “Wonder Woman 1984” will play in theaters. The exact release date overseas is unknown.

Warner Bros. had been incrementally moving the Gal Gadot-led action adventure numerous times in recent months. But with 50% of U.S. theaters out of operation, including major moviegoing markets like New York and Los Angeles, and many still hesitant to go to the movies, the studio decided it was too risky to open another $200 million-budgeted film on the big screen in the middle of the coronavirus crisis without a safety net like HBO Max. Plus, Warner Bros. is hoping to drive subscribers to HBO Max, which has struggled to punch up against Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney Plus.

The DC Comics follow-up was the lone potential blockbuster left standing after Bond sequel “No Time to Die,” Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune” adaptation and Marvel’s “Black Widow” were pushed to 2021 and Pixar’s “Soul” was relegated to Disney Plus.

Warner Bros. already took a bold bet in launching Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi thriller “Tenet” (which also carries a $200 million price tag) in September, marking the first major film to release since the pandemic began. But instead of kicking off a large-scale return to the movies, “Tenet” scraped together lackluster ticket sales in North America and deterred major studios from debuting high-profile movies while the world continues to grapple with coronavirus. Though “Tenet” had better results at the international box office, the movie is expected to lose many millions.

“Wonder Woman” generated over $800 million globally in 2017 and became a cultural touchstone as one of the rare comic book movies to spotlight a female superhero, solidifying itself as one of Warner Bros.’ most important properties. The sequel has been delayed numerous times amid the pandemic. It was originally scheduled for June 5 before moving to Aug. 14, then Oct. 2 and later Dec. 25.

well I guess WB is going to take the loss on Wonder Woman 84 and hope it at least bumps subscribers for HBO Max
    not sure why they wouldn't charge some type of fee to access the movie though

Time to get a one month HBO Max subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    well I guess WB is going to take the loss on Wonder Woman 84 and hope it at least bumps subscribers for HBO Max
    The HBO Max launch was really poorly implemented and it sounds like AT&T isn't happy with the numbers. It sounds crazy but they may be sacrificing Wonder Woman in the hopes that it at least gets a ton of people to sign up for HBO Max since this is by far the highest profile piece of content that's been announced for it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Unlike disney plus, HBO Max doesn't have enough subscriptions at the point to justify charging extra. The hope is just getting people to sign up right now, so they can start to compete. I have no doubt if this suceeds and HBO Max can keep growing, that they'll eventually start charging extra for blockbusters like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    ... but Ultron clearly looks like a robot and Steppenwolf looks like an alien wearing armor made of needles. We must be seeing two different things because I don't see the resemblance at all.
    Yes, you can tell one is a robot and one is an alien, yet they suffer a lot of the same design issues. They both come off to me as two eyes and a mouth surrounded indiscernible, cgi frills. If you look at robots that exist in the real world, they don't look like Ultron does in the film, he's basically a 'skinless' robot. Not to mention the fact that Ultron in the comics is suppose to look like this and he looks really generic in the film.

This just seems the be an issue with human-like cgi characters and its not really a DC issue.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The HBO Max launch was really poorly implemented and it sounds like AT&T isn't happy with the numbers. It sounds crazy but they may be sacrificing Wonder Woman in the hopes that it at least gets a ton of people to sign up for HBO Max since this is by far the highest profile piece of content that's been announced for it.
    That may be true. Sacrificing WW box office in hopes of getting a surge in subscribers to their flailing streaming service. I feel bad for Patty Jenkins since she seems so passionate about the movie and it’s not going to get the global recognition a wide theatrical release would bring. But even with a potential COVID vaccine on the way we still don’t know if theaters will be safe even in a year from now. May as well just release it. I wonder if Disney will do the same with Black Widow if the pandemic news is still terrible going into spring 2021.

Glad to know I'll get to be able to watch the movie .

Even with the new vaccines on the way, I think it'll still be a long time before people are eager to go to movie theaters. Should have done this with tenet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That may be true. Sacrificing WW box office in hopes of getting a surge in subscribers to their flailing streaming service. I feel bad for Patty Jenkins since she seems so passionate about the movie and it’s not going to get the global recognition a wide theatrical release would bring. But even with a potential COVID vaccine on the way we still don’t know if theaters will be safe even in a year from now. May as well just release it. I wonder if Disney will do the same with Black Widow if the pandemic news is still terrible going into spring 2021.
    Soon after the WW84 announcement, Black Widow started trending. Seems like MCU fans want in on the action.

HBO Max isn't even available overseas but now the film will be pirated online like crazy. What a self-sabotage on the part of AT&T.