Page 644 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1445445946346406416426436446456466476486546947441144 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 20948

Johns was already involved in the first two movies so I don't know. I don't see Jenkins being interested in making an Amazon movie about the menfolk so I kinda doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Johns was already involved in the first two movies so I don't know. I don't see Jenkins being interested in making an Amazon movie about the menfolk so I kinda doubt it.
    I suspect Johns is the main reason Maxwell Lord is in the sequel, he clearly loves pushing his ideas into the movie adaptations.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Johns' involvement worries me, what if it's more Grail/Jason nonsense?
    With Johns, I figure there's a 50% chance of getting Green Lantern with Ryan Reynolds, or Stargirl. He either swings and misses, or he hits it out of the park. Mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I suspect Johns is the main reason Maxwell Lord is in the sequel, he clearly loves pushing his ideas into the movie adaptations.
    Pretty sure it was Greg Rucka, not Johns, who turned Max Lord into a Wonder Woman villain.
    I'm not sure how many of Johns' ideas have made it into the WW films.

The only Johns idea that made it into the movie was Diana’s enjoyment of ice cream.

Johns has never seemed all that preferential towards Max Lord, so I don't know if he had anything to do with it.

I think Grail might show up in the Amazons show if only because Johns dealt with her more than he ever did anything Jason related and Grail is connected to the Amazons.

If they hint at Grail I’d be ok with that. I would love to see the Amazons go up against Circe and maybe her army of animal-men.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I will be able to tolerate Grail if we get an awesome Circe as well for a compromise. But Grail is a steaming pile of ****, so I'd rather just get Circe and/or Veronica Cale for future WW films.

It's why I'm tolerating Max Lord at best because I otherwise like what we're getting for Cheetah and I at least like his actor. But I would have preferred if this was a Cheetah solo movie, as it was apparently meant to be before Max was inserted into it. Or if we have to use a male co-villain, use Psycho or Deception or even Hercules.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I will be able to tolerate Grail if we get an awesome Circe as well for a compromise. But Grail is a steaming pile of ****, so I'd rather just get Circe and/or Veronica Cale for future WW films.

It's why I'm tolerating Max Lord at best because I otherwise like what we're getting for Cheetah and I at least like his actor. But I would have preferred if this was a Cheetah solo movie, as it was apparently meant to be before Max was inserted into it. Or if we have to use a male co-villain, use Psycho or Deception or even Hercules.
    I doubt DC will use those men as movie villains, even Dr. Psycho, unless Peter Dinklage played him, but I doubt he would.

Those guys have a better chance appearing in the upcoming Wondergirl show.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-27-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Anyone else feel a little underwhelmed with the announced movie slates so far?

What a waste it would be to shove some lame Fourth World stuff into a show centered around the Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Pretty sure it was Greg Rucka, not Johns, who turned Max Lord into a Wonder Woman villain.
    I'm not sure how many of Johns' ideas have made it into the WW films.
    Think Max becoming a villain was an editorial mandate thing.

Johns also hasn't really done WW-centric stuff so outside of ice cream, there's not much WW he's done to really add to the films made so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I doubt DC will use those men as movie villains, even Dr. Psycho, unless Peter Dinklage played him, but I doubt he would.

Those guys ha e a better chance appearing in the upcoming Wondergirl show.
    They don't have to use the dwarf version of Psycho. Earth One modernized him and could easily be translated to a movie.

And they are Wonder Woman villains, they have more of a right to show up in the movie than Max Lord who isn't even part of her franchise. I agree that WB probably wouldn't consider using them, but they are not strangers to making weird/bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Johns also hasn't really done WW-centric stuff so outside of ice cream, there's not much WW he's done to really add to the films made so far.
    Cheetah seems to be a bit from his contributions (the "apex predator" line and seemingly wanting to become a beast), though mixed with with some Golden Age Priscilla Rich and Rebirth Minerva.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They don't have to use the dwarf version of Psycho. Earth One modernized him and could easily be translated to a movie.

And they are Wonder Woman villains, they have more of a right to show up in the movie than Max Lord who isn't even part of her franchise. I agree that WB probably wouldn't consider using them, but they are not strangers to making weird/bad decisions.

Cheetah seems to be a bit from his contributions (the "apex predator" line and seemingly wanting to become a beast), though mixed with with some Golden Age Priscilla Rich and Rebirth Minerva.
    Fair enough, didn't really remember that since I stopped reading Johns' JL I think before that point.

Though I'll be honest in that I think Batman Returns Selina Kyle seems as big an influence on WW'84 Cheetah from the trailers so far as any of the comics versions, though obviously GA Priscilla also had that.

Fair enough, didn't really remember that since I stopped reading Johns' JL I think before that point.

Though I'll be honest in that I think Batman Returns Selina Kyle seems as big an influence on WW'84 Cheetah from the trailers so far as any of the comics versions, though obviously GA Priscilla also had that.
    I don't blame you for forgetting, it was pretty bad in hindsight and didn't lead to anything

And yeah, Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman seems to be an influence which seems fair, as she seemed to have so GA Priscilla stuff going on (though I think that was by accident instead of design).

What a waste it would be to shove some lame Fourth World stuff into a show centered around the Amazons.

Think Max becoming a villain was an editorial mandate thing.

Was Johns the creator who made Diana and Barbara Ann friends before she became Cheetah or had another writer done that before him?

I know he focused on that when he had Cheetah appear during his Justice League run.