Page 65 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869751151655651065 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There’s a Zatanna movie in the works!

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/30/...s-warner-bros/

!emosewA
    I'd be down for a Zatanna movie .

Just stay away from that Justice League Dark concept art .

!emosewA
    Seems like it's only in the discussion stage. It might happen eventually but for right now there isn't a writer or producer attached.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

That seems to be the case for every film not named Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    That seems to be the case for every film not named Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
    Almost all of the other films have writers and directors attached though.

But yeah, for these DCEU projects, the step between "discussion stage" and "attaching writers/directors" isn't big. It's the next stage that is tricky (i.e. actually getting a script approved and starting production). But Aquaman's hopeful success should make the direction clearer for WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Almost all of the other films have writers and directors attached though.

But yeah, for these DCEU projects, the step between "discussion stage" and "attaching writers/directors" isn't big. It's the next stage that is tricky (i.e. actually getting a script approved and starting production). But Aquaman's hopeful success should make the direction clearer for WB.
    Yeah I’m hoping that after Aquaman’s most likely success WB will move forward with a lot of these projects that were announced and then sent to limbo.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah I’m hoping that after Aquaman’s most likely success WB will move forward with a lot of these projects that were announced and then sent to limbo.
    Reports are starting to come in that suggest Aquaman may very well crush its competition. If that happens, AND the fans really like it? I'll bet you anything WB will start fast-tracking a LOT of projects.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Hopefully within reason.

The worst part about the DC movies is announcing all these disparate and random films with seemingly no cohesive game plan or production schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I have a feeling a lot of the films announced before Walter Hamada came on board are likely DOA and the new projects being announced are more likely to happen.

Having a producer and writer attached seems to increase a projects chances of happening (ie like BOP and Shazam).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

DCEU sure loves announcing proposed movie projects. Wonder how long it be before every IP has been announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    DCEU sure loves announcing proposed movie projects. Wonder how long it be before every IP has been announced?
    Pretty much, until we have some official promotion I'll believe these movies are happening.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Back in 2014, Zack and Deborah Snyder (plus producer Charles Roven) had a plan, a movie slate and a clear direction for the DCEU. Now, Warner Bros' current approach for DC movies is "throw everything at wall and see what sticks". (sigh)
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Back in 2014, Zack and Deborah Snyder (plus producer Charles Roven) had a plan, a movie slate and a clear direction for the DCEU.
    Unfortunately that vision wasn't flying in China at all and in other territories, wasn't as huge as films starring DC's marquee characters should be.

Even if we ignore critic reactions and toxic fandom wars, ultimately making movies is a business. So if the profits keep decreasing, the vision has to be abandoned unless you want to go down with it.

Now, Warner Bros' current approach for DC movies is "throw everything at wall and see what sticks". (sigh)
    The DC universe has always been incredibly diverse with rich magic, mythology and alien science roots, so it can sustain having many tones and themes. People would argue that Sony is "throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks" too and that is working excellently for them so far with Venom and if critic reactions are anything to go by, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

Fantastic Member

!emosewA
    No there isn't. I guarantee someone heard an executive float an idea over lunch and ran with it. Just like the Deathstoke and Deadshot films.

Supergirl and batgirl films hinted at again also.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...atgirl-a165027

Also the whole script for aquaman has been leaked online so if you don't want spoilers be careful!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m pretty sure we’ve heard the Zatana thing awhile ago. There’s just so many of them now that it’s hard to keep track.