Page 652 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1525526026426486496506516526536546556566627027521152 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 20948
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm getting BvS vibe from this project. Just replace Superman with Flash, setting a shared universe with setting a multiverse, and 2 Batmen getting the focus instead of just one.

Oh, and random cameos too.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-07-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

"It's inclusive in the sense that it is saying all that you've seen exists, and everything that you will see exists, in the same unified multiverse."
    I know that to a lot of fans this is the be all end all of importance, but is it really necessary? I mean of course those other iterations exist and matter, you can watch them literally any time you want to. Is it legit something that needs to be stated? Makes me worry that we're not getting Keaton and Affleck because they're wicked rad and should be Batguys always, but to reinforce a weird continuity issue.

Nitpick there aside, this all sounds good. I'm really excited to see Affleck Batman and Keaton Batman! I hope Affleck gets his own BATMAN movie soon.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-07-2020 at 10:20 AM.

LMAOOOOOOOOO Flash got BvS’d. Might as well rename it Batman ft. the Flash: Batpoint

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    LMAOOOOOOOOO Flash got BvS’d. Might as well rename it Batman ft. the Flash: Batpoint
    A name change to something more indicative of a DCU event might be a smart move, honestly. A DCU movie with the Flash at the center kinda deal, rather than a Flash movie. Could be ambitious.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-07-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm getting BvS vibe from this project. Just replace Superman with Flash, setting a shared universe with setting a multiverse, and 2 Batmen getting the focus instead of just one.

Oh, and random cameos too.
    It just sounds like a live-action Crisis at this point with Batman as the main character alongside his young sidekick, The Flash.

At this point I'm just waiting for the news that Miller won't be Flash anymore but they're just going to go ahead with a Flash-less Flashpoint movie.

I do wonder what “restarts everything” means though. Will they still use Flashpoint to reboot Superman for example? Or is that just typical marketing hyperbolic bs?

So like Flashpoint, the comic this movie is directly inspired by.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I'm fully prepared to hear Batman batsplain the Speed Force to Barry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So like Flashpoint, the comic this movie is directly inspired by.
    That was Thomas Wayne Batman. Seems like that's going to be fulfilled by Michael Keaton's Batman.

Which makes me once again think Flashpoint was a terrible choice for the first Flash movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fully prepared to hear Batman batsplain the Speed Force to Barry.
    The funny thing is that happens all the time and its so stupid.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This would be more frustrating and stupid than it is if the actor playing the Flash didn't suck, so we're not losing out on much anyway.

Trouble in paradise. Gadot got a big fat payout from the studio since the new deal will hurt her box office percentage deal, but other stars like Margot Robbie didn't get that deal.

Last week, when Jason Kilar, WarnerMedia’s chief executive, announced that 17 more Warner Bros. movies would each roll out on HBO Max and in theaters à la “Wonder Woman 1984,” talent was handled in a very different manner. To prevent the news of the 17-movie shift from leaking (and to make the move speedily rather than get mired in the expected blowback), WarnerMedia kept the major agencies and talent management companies in the dark until roughly 90 minutes before issuing a news release. Even some Warner Bros. executives had little warning.

The surprise move left agencies on a war footing. Representatives for major Warner Bros. stars like Denzel Washington, Margot Robbie, Will Smith, Keanu Reeves, Hugh Jackman and Angelina Jolie wanted to know why their clients had been treated in a lesser manner than Ms. Gadot. Talk of a Warner Bros. boycott began circulating inside the Directors Guild of America. A partner at one talent agency spent part of the weekend meeting with litigators. Some people started to angrily refer to the studio as Former Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Trouble in paradise. Gadot got a big fat payout from the studio since the new deal will hurt her box office percentage deal, but other stars like Margot Robbie didn't get that deal.
    It always comes down to money .

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Nolan is having a full blown meltdown as well.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't blame any of these people upset at Warner Bros if they were not even consulted on a decision that will very likely result in them losing millions upon millions of dollars they were expecting.

This is an extraordinarily stupid move on the part of AT&T's Warner execs and the long-term consequences for this are likely to be quite severe given that Netflix and Disney+, and AppleTV are both up and running and willing to pay through the nose for their films.

Apple was offering 800 million for Kong vs. Godzilla and then Warner does this to the producers without even consulting them? Eeesh.