Page 655 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1555556056456516526536546556566576586596657057551155 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,825 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I don't even know why they named it HBO Max. Confusing name and IMO it degrades the HBO brand which up till now has been synonymous with a certain level of quality. Most of the MAX Originals I've seen seem like the kinda low effort crap Netflix has
    HBO did it to themselves with GOT

I don't even know why they named it HBO Max. Confusing name and IMO it degrades the HBO brand which up till now has been synonymous with a certain level of quality. Most of the MAX Originals I've seen seem like the kinda low effort crap Netflix has
    I was actually gonna say something like this, though my direction is that I have no idea what HBO really is, like, its just the channel that runs Game of Thrones I guess. Why not call it Warner Streaming, which, is what the product has become?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    HBO did it to themselves with GOT
    Even GoT was a critical darling before D&D tanked it, but HBO has been on fire recently despite it. Succession, Watchmen, Barry, Euphoria, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I was actually gonna say something like this, though my direction is that I have no idea what HBO really is, like, its just the channel that runs Game of Thrones I guess. Why not call it Warner Streaming, which, is what the product has become?
    Yea it's basically a pay cable channel with a selection of movies and a range of original TV series and miniseries. They've had a few duds over the years but since the late 90s, they've consistently had the highest quality TV shows. I think calling it Warner something would have been better cause they'd be able to market all of WB media. When you think HBO, you don't really think DC, Harry Potter, and those other franchises so it's weird to me they used the HBO name to market the service

But HBO is a brand, while "Warner something" is not really.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Patty Jenkins Has Blunt Reasons For Not Liking Joss Whedon's Justice League https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...justice-league

Patty Jenkins Confirms Wonder Woman 1984 Post-Credit Scene, Explains Why Press Didn't See It: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...s-didnt-see-it

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Patty Jenkins Has Blunt Reasons For Not Liking Joss Whedon's Justice League https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...justice-league

Patty Jenkins Confirms Wonder Woman 1984 Post-Credit Scene, Explains Why Press Didn't See It: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...s-didnt-see-it
    Interesting. I wonder in what ways she feels it contradicted WW. I thought her themes were some of the least changed.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah, watering down the HBO brand is not a good move. HBO is synonymous with high quality television, it shouldn't be used as a catch all like this.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Couldn't finish BoP (too boring), WW84 out next week no theatre playing near me (not that I would've gone anyway) and no streaming alternative...

Fate has decided that I should continue to be stuck in comic book fatigue lol Tbh I don't really care I can't see WW84 that is how much I am over these comic book movies, a shame really was so passionate a few years ago but I guess once stopped reading actual comic books that my interest in related media just disappearing was inevitable.

Nice seeing the same old posters still about though!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Interesting. I wonder in what ways she feels it contradicted WW. I thought her themes were some of the least changed.
    Barry landing on Diana's boobs?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Barry landing on Diana's boobs?
    Diana’s attitude in the modern day? Still grieving after Steve after a hundred years, when anyone else would have eventually moved on?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    But HBO is a brand, while "Warner something" is not really.
    People know what Warner Bros is.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Diana’s attitude in the modern day? Still grieving after Steve after a hundred years, when anyone else would have eventually moved on?
    That’s Snyder’s thing though not Whedon’s Snyder is the one who established that Diana “walked away” from mankind and basically gave up being a hero (something Patty also contradicts).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s Snyder’s thing though not Whedon’s Snyder is the one who established that Diana “walked away” from mankind and basically gave up being a hero (something Patty also contradicts).
    To be fair to Snyder, even her saying in that in BvS was kind of ambiguous. So Patty is contradicting him, but isn't rocking the boat too much.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    People know what Warner Bros is.
    Yeah, I knew about WB long before I ever heard of HBO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    To be fair to Snyder, even her saying in that in BvS was kind of ambiguous. So Patty is contradicting him, but isn't rocking the boat too much.
    It feels like a stretch for Diana to be walking around in full costume in 1984 and have people still be unaware of her existence in 2016 or whenever BvS takes place.