Page 656 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1565566066466526536546556566576586596606667067561156 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,840 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It feels like a stretch for Diana to be walking around in full costume in 1984 and have people still be unaware of her existence in 2016 or whenever BvS takes place.
    I'm waiting for someone to actually call her Wonder Woman in-universe.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It feels like a stretch for Diana to be walking around in full costume in 1984 and have people still be unaware of her existence in 2016 or whenever BvS takes place.
    Hey didn't say it was perfect

Diana's clearly been up to some stuff in BvS though, because she's not at home with the Amazons.

Stories taking place in the past always errata things though, like didn't captain Marvel do that?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    People know what Warner Bros is.
    It would flop like Peacock if you called it something like warner media
    HBO is the only thing with branding and prestige to launch the entire streaming catalog under.
    HBO as a channel is definitely more well known than warner anything

The last time the WB meant anything in pop culture is when animaniacs(1st run) and all those kids WB cartoons had a run

Netflix needed time to break big and honestly Disney+ is only relevant for their two shows that air once a year not worth a yearly sub let alone a monthly sub

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    HBO is the only thing with branding and prestige to launch the entire streaming catalog under.

The last time the WB meant anything in pop culture is when animaniacs(1st run) and all those kids WB cartoons had a run

Netflix needed time to break big and honestly Disney+ is only relevant for their two shows that air once a year not worth a yearly sub let alone a monthly sub
    Casablanca and Bugs Bunny were made by WB, so it can compete with anybody prestige-wise just with those two.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Watch what happens on Thursday when Disney announces their films for Disney Plus.
    Didn't happen. In fact, while they announced a fuck ton of Disney+ stuff, it was mostly new while reaffirming their big movies like Black Widow, Jungle Cruise and Shang-Chi will be theatrical.
    Last edited by Holt; 12-10-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Things are not looking so hot for HBO Max. They've pissed off their creatives while Disney+ and Netflix keep racking up more and more wins.

Congratulations AT&T, you've ruined yet another company.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post

Well that didn’t age well lol.

Yeah AT&T/WB just got bodied badly. I have no clue what they’re going to do, the Marvel machine is just cranking out content. Meanwhile DC is awash in scandals, a controversial director in Snyder seems to be on the verge of taking back the reigns, AT&T is drowning in debt, and a lot of creators are pissed about HBO Max. Plus The Mandalorian managed to salvage Star Wars and is helping to rebuild the brand after the disastrous ST and now that franchise is cranking out content as well.

WB needs to get their act together fast. A Peacemaker show isn’t going to get people to sub, they need to figure out what they’re doing with DC and commit. Is Cavill in or out? Are they following Snyder’s vision or not? Make a choice execs.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-10-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Yeah AT&T/WB just got bodied badly. I have no clue what they’re going to do, the Marvel machine is just cranking out content. Meanwhile DC is awash in scandals, a controversial director in Snyder seems to be on the verge of taking back the reigns, AT&T is drowning in debt, and a lot of creators are pissed about HBO Max. Plus The Mandalorian managed to salvage Star Wars and is helping to rebuild the brand after the disastrous ST and now that franchise is cranking out content as well.

WB needs to get their act together fast. A Peacemaker show isn’t going to get people to sub, they need to figure out what they’re doing with DC and commit. Is Cavill in or out? Are they following Snyder’s vision or not? Make a choice execs.
    Right.. Marvel coming out with all these TV shows that look like they have movie budgets (that Falcon and WS trailer was the most cinematic ‘TV’ show trailer I’ve ever seen) while DC is only giving us CW shows. They need to start bringing it

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I need a new phone and there is an AT&T right down the street, but I'm probably gonna go somewhere else lol.

I like both companies a lot equally which is why I get so frustrated with WB/AT&T. You see Marvel bringing basically their entire universe to life in high quality even down to the legacy characters now (Riri, Kate, Kamala) when we're still getting big names on the CW. I don't get why Greg Berlanti is in charge of every DC projects. Even in HBO Max, we're getting the Peacemaker of all people when so many other characters have potential. Just frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Right.. Marvel coming out with all these TV shows that look like they have movie budgets (that Falcon and WS trailer was the most cinematic ‘TV’ show trailer I’ve ever seen) while DC is only giving us CW shows. They need to start bringing it
    AT&T is billions of dollars in debt. I don’t think there’s any way they could afford to create shows anywhere near the level as Disney.

Why do we have Superman in a CW quality show but War Machine and the Winter Soldier in the highest level of tv production? Look to their parent companies. But truthfully, no one can compete with Disney.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-10-2020 at 08:44 PM.

DC FanDome 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC FanDome 2?
    Something like that. DC is just kind of floundering with no one seeming to know where to go yet again. The two big franchises movie wise that DC needs to establish a direction for are Superman and GL. Is Superman getting rebooted like The Batman or not? Is GLC happening with Hal & John as a duo or not? Is Snyder taking over the JL again or not?

If I was WB I would just have Patty wrap up WW with WW3, Wan do a trilogy for Aquaman, and then just end the Snyderverse. Cancel Ezra’s movie and make it an Into The Batverse movie instead since all they clearly really care about is the Batmen. Make a real Flash movie later. Battison is the basis for a new shared DC Cinematic Universe. Abrams or whoever reboots Superman, with the new Flash and GL movies following later.

But if they’re seriously committing to the Snyderverse then hurry up and sign a deal with Cavill because they need him now. Snyder is going to want him back for JL sequels and AT&T has pissed off everyone else so they can’t afford to make Snyder angry too, which means Cavill holds all the cards. Get the GL movie into gear. Maybe do a Martian Manhunter movie/series as well with Lennix.

Honestly I expect this to be a total disaster with the Snyder Cut reviewing poorly but WB still going all in on Snyder because they can’t get anyone else and desperately need content now (the exact same situation as Man of Steel basically). Funny how history repeats.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-10-2020 at 09:56 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

How are the studios gonna even function with unions that work behind being pissed,even if snyder does work for wb?Is there precident to boycott of a company?I know there were writers guild strikes and stuff like that.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"