Page 66 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970761161665661066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The DC universe has always been incredibly diverse with rich magic, mythology and alien science roots, so it can sustain having many tones and themes. People would argue that Sony is "throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks" too and that is working excellently for them so far with Venom and if critic reactions are anything to go by, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
    I mean, I don't think the success of Venom and (quite likely) Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is a sign that Sony "throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks" since both of those are banking on two of the most popular IP's they still have access to.

I doubt a Morbius, Jackpot, Silk, or Nightwatch movie would do near as well and those are ostensibly still in production.

I don't think anyone is denying that the DC Universe is incredibly diverse thematically and in terms of characters and genre's, just that there always seems to be announcements of a bunch of different movies and characters without a clear sign of direction or whether they will even actually happen.

Astonishing Member

And with the rate WB is pumping out those movies, Zatanna should be appearing onscreen around 2040 if we are lucky.

I rather WB take their time developing each movie than to rush them like they did w/ Justice League and SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    And with the rate WB is pumping out those movies, Zatanna should be appearing onscreen around 2040 if we are lucky.
    We will be getting 5 confirmed movies in a year and a half. That's more than the MCU in that timespan. Quantity wise, DC films are still doing fine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    We will be getting 5 confirmed movies in a year and a half. That's more than the MCU in that timespan. Quantity wise, DC films are still doing fine.
    Which ones are they and what timeline are you using? Are you starting off with Aquaman in December, Shazam in April, Joker in October, BOP in February, and WW2 in June? I'm not counting Joker since it's set in another universe.

I like the DC universe but tired of all the half-ass proposals that end up in limbo forever.

IN ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT

The Batman: Matt Reeves is writing, producing and directing the film. The 1st draft of the script was turned in, in September and reportedly a mid 2019 start date is being eyed. Possible late 2020/ early 2021 release.

The Flash: John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are writing and directing the film. It was supposed to start production in March 2019 with a 2020 release but had to be delayed due to script changes, which caused a scheduling conflict for star, Ezra Miller (films FB3 in summer 2019), causing even further delay. Likley 2021 release.

Blackhawk: Steven Spielberg is producing and directing the film. David Koepp is writing the script.

New Gods: Ava Duvery is directing the film. Kario Salem is writing the script.

Suicide Squad 2: James Gunn is writing the script and is rumored to be directing it as well. The film will be a reported softboot, with Gunn doing his own take on the Squad.

Green Lantern Corps: Geoff Johns is writing and producing the film. David Goyer is no longer attached, so it's unclear if the film will still revolve around Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

Black Adam: Adam Sztykiel is writing the script. Hiram Garcia is producing. Script is nearly completed (revision stage).

Booster Gold: Greg Bertlanti is producing the film. Zack Stentz wrote a draft for the film.

Blue Beetle: Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer is writing the script. Zev Foreman is producing the film. The film will revolve around Jaime Reyes.

Supergirl: Oren Uziel is writing the script. No director or producer is attached to the project yet.

ON BACKBURNER

Nightwing: Chris McKay is directing. Bill Dubuqe is writing the script. Film is reportedly delayed until Reeves Batman is complete.

Gotham City Sirens: David Ayer is directing. Geneva Dworet-Robertson is writing the script. Margot Robbie is producing the film. Reportedly delayed as Margot decided to move forward with Birds of Prey instead.

Batgirl: Christina Hodson is writing the script. Reportedly delayed until Reeves Batman is complete.

DEAD

Man of Steel 2: Reportedly not in any stages of active development. Henry Cavill and WB are in the middle of negotiating a new contract (not going very well).

Cyborg: Not in active development. No screenwriter, producer or director attached. Rumors that Ray Fisher was done with the DCEU have circulated.

Joker & Harley: Glenn Ficarra and John Requa finished the script. Though it's unlikely to happen as Margot didn't like working with Jared Leto.

Joker: Jared Leto is producing. No writer or director is attached. Rumored to be dead and unlikely to ever happen.

Justice League 2: After the financial and critical flop that was JL, the studio scrapped plans for a sequel.

Justice League Dark: WB has a finished script for the film from Guillermo Del Toro, though this film seems to not be in active development.

Deathstroke: Gareth Evans was in talks to direct but recently did an interview stating the project hasn't seen any active development in a long time.

Lobo: Jason Fuchs wrote the script. No director or producer is attached, though Michael Bay was rumored for the job. It's unclear if the film still in active development.

Deadshot: After the release of SS, rumors of a spin-off featuring Deadshot circulated. No screenwriter, director, or producer was ever attached, and nearly 3 years later, this looks to be just a dead rumor.

RUMORED

Zatanna: It was recently revealed that WB had discussions of doing a Zatanna film. So far no one is attached to the rumored project.

Hawkman/Hawkgirl: WB is rumored to have discussed the prospects of such a film. So far no one is attached to the rumored project.

Thought I'd put this little list together to show where everything DC related stands at WB.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    So two movies that had famously hellish behind the scenes drama and last minute rewrites, reshoots and re-edits that drastically changed the intended final product? I'm not worried.
    You think that won't happen here? Warner Bros seems to specialize in last minute meddling and drastically changing stories. I think only Wonder Woman and Aquaman have been immune so far. Not so sure about Shazam.

Mighty Member

I think most of the future DC films are in good hands with Hamada.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You think that won't happen here? Warner Bros seems to specialize in last minute meddling and drastically changing stories. I think only Wonder Woman and Aquaman have been immune so far. Not so sure about Shazam.
    I think that assumes facts not in evidence. Historically, I believe WB has a history as a "director's studio". The DC movies seems rather to be the exception to that rule, but as far as I know (which admittedly is little here) the DC movies were run under a separate WB division. And you can probably add MoS to the list of DC films that didn't get last minute meddling or drastically changing stories.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think that assumes facts not in evidence. Historically, I believe WB has a history as a "director's studio". The DC movies seems rather to be the exception to that rule, but as far as I know (which admittedly is little here) the DC movies were run under a separate WB division. And you can probably add MoS to the list of DC films that didn't get last minute meddling or drastically changing stories.
    I think what happened is after the poor reception of Batman v Superman the studio panicked and felt Suicide Squad wasn't going to make it so they tried to juice it up and only made it worse. Same thing with Justice League.
    With Wonder Woman they finally started getting the hint and I think it will be more hands off moving forward.

Jason Momoa confirms that Aquaman's last scene in Zack Snyder's cut of "Justice League" would lead directly into his solo movie.

https://twitter.com/ComicBookDebate/...82556138545152

But according to some people here, Warner Bros made the right decision mutilating Snyder's movie...
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Jason Momoa confirms that Aquaman's last scene in Zack Snyder's cut of "Justice League" would lead directly into his solo movie.

https://twitter.com/ComicBookDebate/...82556138545152

But according to some people here, Warner Bros made the right decision mutilating Snyder's movie...
    I like when he calls it "the adult version".

Justice League was for kids obviously anyone with an eye for quality would rip it to shreds

Marvel has announced a Shang-Chi movie is in development. This would be the first superhero movie to have an Asian lead character. Wow, Marvel/Disney and DC/WB are really trying to get the bragging rights as the first company to make a superhero movie centering around certain minority groups. It’s obviously good for business first and foremost. The Asian market is more important than ever. WB really needs to pull the trigger and green light Blue Beetle. The Hispanic population is the fastest growing demographic in the US and I can speak from personal experience as a Mexi, we’re desperate for some representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Marvel has announced a Shang-Chi movie is in development. This would be the first superhero movie to have an Asian lead character. Wow, Marvel/Disney and DC/WB are really trying to get the bragging rights as the first company to make a superhero movie centering around certain minority groups. It’s obviously good for business first and foremost. The Asian market is more important than ever. WB really needs to pull the trigger and green light Blue Beetle. The Hispanic population is the fastest growing demographic in the US and I can speak from personal experience as a Mexi, we’re desperate for some representation.
    That and/or bring in Kyle or Jessica in GLC. Maybe the latter and not just for the obvious reason but also because I think "Jessica Cruz" actually sounds more like the name of a Mexican character than "Kyle Rayner" does.