Page 665 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1655656156556616626636646656666676686696757157651165 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 20948
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's a thread on DC media and it's hella relevant given the recent news of just how much Disney is putting into the Marvel television side. Having so many CW programs all low budget and all geared to one audience (middle aged superhero fans) is limiting.
    This is Worlds of DC Thread, so the CW shows should be on the table, even if their Crisis on Infinite Earths sent them to the mid-grade TV Multiverse

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't want DC to rush on any of this stuff. If the HBO Max fiasco doesn't drive anyone away, I want them to take their time and make sure they have something good!

No more Green Lantern as Iron Man with Ryan Reynold's as Downey Jr.'s Hal Jordan with 4 screenplays squished together.

I want them to find somebody, anybody who knows how to make a great Green Lantern and a CGI Big Budget Superman Cartoon that features a team up between Morrison's Superman and Superboy of the Multiverse.

Astonishing Member

HBO is targeting a different audience from Disney.

I mean the CW is fine for a niche audience of older fans of superhero media and people who tune into network TV. It's just sad when that's all that's being offered. It's especially sad when it's all that's being offered for SUPERMAN.
    Disney's shows are all over the place with demographics, some are for older audiences and some are for younger audiences. Falcon and Winter Soldier looks far more "adult" than Arrow ever did. Disney+ also has things like The Mandalorian, which is for older audiences.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Disney's shows are all over the place with demographics, some are for older audiences and some are for younger audiences. Falcon and Winter Soldier looks far more "adult" than Arrow ever did. Disney+ also has things like The Mandalorian, which is for older audiences.
    Exactly, and that's how it should be done. All kinds of diversity in tone, scope, aesthetic, and audience. The LOKI show looks nothing like WANDAVISION which looks nothing like FALCON. It is an ambitious output.

They're only missing something adult, like LOGAN or Netflix's DD.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-14-2020 at 05:29 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Falcon and Winter Soldier looks far more "adult" than Arrow ever did.
    who said arrow was for adults?cw tv shows are for teens and older women,including arrow.Falcon and winter soldier is for family audiences.It just has better budget,behind the scene works and better everything. Mandalorian is awesome and my kind shindig.But,it can be viewed by anyone with parental guidance ofcourse.They have different tones and flavors. sure.But,disney attracts different sub-section from the same family audience demographic.I would say the netflix shows were adult.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-13-2020 at 11:43 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Mandalorian isn't really any more adult than the typical Star Wars movie. They're all four quadrant tentpoles.

Exactly, and that's how it should be done. All kinds of diversity in tone, scope, aesthetic, and audience. The LOKI show looks nothing like WANDAVISION which looks nothing like FALCON. It is an ambitious output.

They're only missing something adult, like LOGAN or Netflix's DD.
    I think they might skirt the line with that when Blade and Moon Knight come out, but I don't think they'll go exactly in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Mandalorian isn't really any more adult than the typical Star Wars movie. They're all four quadrant tentpoles.
    Yeah, Mandalorian is a live action cartoon, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they might skirt the line with that when Blade and Moon Knight come out, but I don't think they'll go exactly in that direction.
    You're probably right. I wish X-Men were still separate at Fox. I think we'll get some honest adult content in whatever form the Batman show takes!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-14-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I don't know if I'd go that far, although later Rebels and definitely Clone Wars veered far from the standard cartoon kids fair.
    You're probably right. I wish X-Men were still separate at Fox. I think we'll get some honest adult content in whatever form the Batman show takes!
    Sounds like it's more of a GCPD show than a Batman show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I’ve always thought it felt like a live action Samurai Jack. Funny enough Jon Favearu is a fan of Genndy Tartakovsky and admits he takes influence from his work, and he even got him on board to do the storyboards of Iron Man 2.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-14-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

WB is reportedly looking at Maggie Q for a role in Peacemaker.

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...-q-peacemaker/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    WB is reportedly looking at Maggie Q for a role in Peacemaker.

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...-q-peacemaker/
    Interesting that ARGUS is specifically mentioned. Wonder if they’re rethinking about an ARGUS show?

Black Adam will start production in spring of 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like it's more of a GCPD show than a Batman show.
    I'm hoping that means they'll be at least a presence from Jeffrey Wright since he's Jim Gordon. He's a terrific actor.