Page 67 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071771171675671067 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 20948
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I like when he calls it "the adult version".
    He means the adult version of himself in the Aquaman movie is coming straight from Justice League with the flashbacks, of course, happening before.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Marvel has announced a Shang-Chi movie is in development. This would be the first superhero movie to have an Asian lead character. Wow, Marvel/Disney and DC/WB are really trying to get the bragging rights as the first company to make a superhero movie centering around certain minority groups. It’s obviously good for business first and foremost. The Asian market is more important than ever. WB really needs to pull the trigger and green light Blue Beetle. The Hispanic population is the fastest growing demographic in the US and I can speak from personal experience as a Mexi, we’re desperate for some representation.
    I'm curious if that'll come out before we get Cass in Birds of Prey (or Harley Quinn: The Movie, starring the Birds of Prey).

Blue Beetle, Shang Chi... all great news!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious if that'll come out before we get Cass in Birds of Prey (or Harley Quinn: The Movie, starring the Birds of Prey).
    I think you mean Birds Of Prey: and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn sir.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

What concerns me with Birds of Prey is this sounds more like a Gotham Sirens movie pretending to be a Birds of Prey movie, specially with a character not ever tied to the group dominating the movie when she’s already tied to the Suicide Squad AND the eventual Gotham City Sirens film we will inevitably get. Just replace Dinah and Helena with Selina and Pamela and swap out Cassandra for that girl Selina was always protecting in the comics and see what I mean? Birds of Prey is gonna be especially weird too without Barbara involved, either as Batgirl or Oracle... and I get that’s because DC would prefer to introduce her in her own movie and that’s fine, but Harley is just going feel out of place here. Just my opinion.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    What concerns me with Birds of Prey is this sounds more like a Gotham Sirens movie pretending to be a Birds of Prey movie, specially with a character not ever tied to the group dominating the movie when she’s already tied to the Suicide Squad AND the eventual Gotham City Sirens film we will inevitably get. Just replace Dinah and Helena with Selina and Pamela and swap out Cassandra for that girl Selina was always protecting in the comics and see what I mean? Birds of Prey is gonna be especially weird too without Barbara involved, either as Batgirl or Oracle... and I get that’s because DC would prefer to introduce her in her own movie and that’s fine, but Harley is just going feel out of place here. Just my opinion.
    Plus Black Mask. Why not just use Dixon's original team... oh, yeah because money.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    I think you mean Birds Of Prey: and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn sir.
    Oh Harley .
    Not to mention they have Huntress as a mob enforcer, meaning she's a criminal to begin with instead of a vigilante (anti)hero.

Canary might be the only non-criminal in the group aside from Cass (assuming she's not a killer assassin here), but for all we know she's a killer too.

This doesn't really sound like the Birds of Prey to be honest.

Assuming Birds of Prey does come out in its planned Feb 2020 release date, no.

Well going forward, if this movie is successful, which it more than likely will be, that'll be the status quo for the general audience as who the Birds of Prey are. Look for the comics to start imitating that soon.

Movies > TV shows > Animation = Video Games > Comics

That is the hierarchy.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Oh Harley .

Not to mention they have Huntress as a mob enforcer, meaning she's a criminal to begin with instead of a vigilante (anti)hero.

Canary might be the only non-criminal in the group aside from Cass (assuming she's not a killer assassin here), but for all we know she's a killer too.

This doesn't really sound like the Birds of Prey to be honest.
    Having Helena as a mob enforcer goes against everything her character is supposed to be. Plus i still really wish they would have switched the casting for Black Canary and Huntress.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Well going forward, if this movie is successful, which it more than likely will be, that'll be the status quo for the general audience as who the Birds of Prey are. Look for the comics to start imitating that soon.

That is the hierarchy.
    Oh gawd you’re right. The Suicide Squad movie has ruined the comic. That same damn line up for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

That is the hierarchy.
    Harley Quinn appeared in Suicide Squad before the movie though. The DCEU as a whole strongly reflects recent additions made to DC Continuity during the New 52; Cyborg as a founding JL member, WW as a daughter of Zeus, and HQ as a blanched SS member.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Having Helena as a mob enforcer goes against everything her character is supposed to be. Plus i still really wish they would have switched the casting for Black Canary and Huntress.

Oh gawd you’re right. The Suicide Squad movie has ruined the comic. That same damn line up for 4 years.
    It was the New 52 that ruined SS. It was already ruined before the movie.

Harley Quinn has been on the suicide squad close to a decade now you guys are looking for movie synergy where there is none. Maybe with rebirth Harley begins to get drawn similar to Margot Robbie and they put enchantress and Killer croc on the team but not until after the movie came out.
    Ironic that its rebirth that is pushing movie synergy and not the new 52

Either way yeah expect if the movie is big expect the BOP to change to resemble the movies lineup that always happens with comics
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 12-04-2018 at 04:06 PM.

The New 52 is why Harley was considered for the movie Squad to begin with, although I think it was the movie that cemented why she's probably the most promoted member by this point.

The BOP movie looks to be so different in terms of character portrayals and team dynamics that I don't really see how they can figure that into a comic. But I guess it gives DC another book to throw Harley at.

The New 52 is why Harley was considered for the movie Squad to begin with, although I think it was the movie that cemented why she's probably the most promoted member by this point.

The BOP movie looks to be so different in terms of character portrayals and team dynamics that I don't really see how they can figure that into a comic. But I guess it gives DC another book to throw Harley at.
    General audiences are not going to care about all these particular details fans BOP fans are going on about. They've never heard of the team. That's why Harley Quinn's name is attached: brand recognition. If the movie is good, general audiences will roll with it.