Page 676 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1765766266666726736746756766776786796806867267761176 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, while WW84 did set the pandemic record for opening....that's a bit like saying someone was the best actor on Baywatch, or the world's tallest....Ewok. It's not even going to come close to earning back it's budget. How many actual purchases of HBO Max it drives...is probably hard to say, even for WB. How many of those sign up for the movie, then dump it within the time allowed...is also hard to determine, I'd bet. So it makes sense in a way for them to be cautious.
    I think at this point its success on HBOMax might be a decisive factor, at any rate, especially with WB banking so much on HBOMax (at the cost of other relationships).

Interesting profile on Walter Hamada and the upcoming plan for DC's movies.

As the president of DC Films, however, Mr. Hamada, 52, manages the movie careers of Wonder Woman, Batman, Cyborg, the Flash, Superman and every other DC Comics superhero. And the new course he has charted for them is dizzying.

The most expensive DC movies (up to four a year, starting in 2022) are designed for release in theaters, Mr. Hamada said. Additional superhero films (two annually is the goal, perhaps focused on riskier characters like Batgirl and Static Shock) will arrive exclusively on HBO Max, the fledgling streaming service owned by WarnerMedia.

In addition, DC Films, which is part of Warner Bros., will work with filmmakers to develop movie offshoots — TV series that will run on HBO Max and interconnect with their big-screen endeavors.

“With every movie that we’re looking at now, we are thinking, ‘What’s the potential Max spinoff?’” Mr. Hamada said.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Wonder Woman 3’ in the Works With Director Patty Jenkins

After 1984, I don’t find myself terribly excited about a third movie with Jenkins. More power to people who liked this movie & thought it was good, but it was a terrible slog all the way through for me, and I won’t be revisiting it anytime soon. I admire that Patty did a complete 180 and tried to do something different from the previous movie but it just didn’t come together for me. Which is a shame since I really dug the first film even if it was rather formulaic.
    This reminds me of WB announcing a sequel to 2011's Green Lantern in an attempt to project confidence after the film's critical and box office drubbing.

In this case, though, I hope Jenkins & Gadot get one more film so that their tenure on the character goes out on a higher note than this. Gadot doesn't seem to have the greatest range as an actress, but when she's in her lane, she's great, and Jenkins nailed the first film.

Just take a little more time with the script this time.

At least for now, Mr. Snyder is not part of the new DC Films blueprint, with studio executives describing his HBO Max project as a storytelling cul-de-sac — a street that leads nowhere.
    So they’re still claiming it’s a one and done for now.

The answer is the multiverse. Boiled down, it means that some characters (Wonder Woman as portrayed by Ms. Gadot, for instance) will continue their adventures on Earth 1, while new incarnations (Mr. Pattinson as “The Batman”) will populate Earth 2.
    It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything about Abrams on Superman but maybe this has a clue. Reeves doesn’t seem averse to referencing the wider DCU in his film, could be this is where they’ll pivot for future connected DC films, while Gadot’s WW, Maoma’s Aquaman, and (maybe) Miller’s Flash finish up on E1. Outside of Miller Flash all the other DC heroes on E1 will be self contained and won’t cross over again.

Extraordinary Member

So it looks like cyborg is still getting his own film.
    Either hbo max or theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Either hbo max or theaters.
    Doubtful. They’re just including him in a list of DC characters. After accusing Emerich I doubt Fisher is going to get any play with the DCEU especially if Snyder is really done after the SC. Cavill probably won’t get another film either, they’ll just reboot Superman on Earth 2.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doubtful. They’re just including him in a list of DC characters. After accusing Emerich I doubt Fisher is going to get any play with the DCEU especially if Snyder is really done after the SC. Cavill probably won’t get another film either, they’ll just reboot Superman on Earth 2.
    Yeah, I suspect they'll just put Superman on ice for a couple years and then reboot him, just like they did with Batman after the disastrous Batman & Robin.

If Black Adam is a big success, I think they could bring back Cavil for team-up film with Shazam, but that's about it.

Way it seems:
    -Gadot and Maoma will finish up their self contained trilogies
    -WB will use Miller to establish the Multiverse, and if audiences don’t click with him, they’ll retire him afterwards too. They clearly don’t give a damn about him given how many Batmen they’re shoving into “his” movie.
    -The rest of the E1 heroes won’t ever come together for another JL but you may get stuff like Cavill cameoing in the next Shazam
    -Meanwhile Reeves Batman will kick off another Earth which will basically be their soft reboot. Superman will debut here, whether under Abrams or someone else. There will probably be a World’s Finest crossover and maybe a JL movie down the road

Batgirl and static movies may no longer be theatre films. May go to hbo max so they are now tv movies if they decide to do this

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/dc...shock-hbo-max/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-27-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, I suspect they'll just put Superman on ice for a couple years and then reboot him, just like they did with Batman after the disastrous Batman & Robin.

If Black Adam is a big success, I think they could bring back Cavil for team-up film with Shazam, but that's about it.
    I know that's what Dwayne Johnson wants.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know that's what Dwayne Johnson wants.
    I know that's what I want. Superman/Shazam vs Black Adam would be fun.

American intelligence agency.

In all seriousness, yeah, that was really silly but I thought this movie did a great job ending with her going full public. Or at least that's how I took her flying and then venturing off to stop a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The fact that it doesn't devolve into Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots in the 3rd act is a blessing. Wonder Woman uses her lasso of truth to save the day by letting the morally corrupted megalomaniac see that the PotUS's wish was going to end the world in a nuclear disaster. God that's so refreshing. She appeals to the humanity of another individual, in a way he can understand (his son's safety and well being).

She's THE superhero.
    My guy here gets me. This is honestly what tied it all up for me in a nice, neat bow. It was an actual Wonder Woman ending as opposed to God of War cutscene.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-27-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    No it doesn't lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Batgirl and static movies may no longer be theatre films. May go to hbo max so they are now tv movies if they decide to do this

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/dc...shock-hbo-max/
    Static going to HBO Max would be a dumb move. That one has huge potential in theaters.

I pray they don't do another superman movie, it has reached saturation point now, the public is tired of the character, it would be his 9th movie including JL.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    I pray they don't do another superman movie, it has reached saturation point now, the public is tired of the character, it would be his 9th movie including JL.
    Superman hasn't had a solo movie since 2013, he was a glorified guest star in Justice League and B vs S. The public isn't tired of Superman, they're tired of Snyder's Superman and the WB aren't interested in giving him back control of the character. Let Jenkins or Wan direct the next Superman solo, Cavill or no Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Superman hasn't had a solo movie since 2013, he was a glorified guest star in Justice League and B vs S. The public isn't tired of Superman, they're tired of Snyder's Superman and the WB aren't interested in giving him back control of the character. Let Jenkins or Wan direct the next Superman solo, Cavill or no Cavill.
    Superman returns also flopped. They over did it with the character, being a glorified guest star or not, public got tired. Give him a rest for sometime and bring him back later.
    A common comment after Wonder Woman and Aquaman was "At last not another superman or bat movie". Superman had enough time on big screen for the time being. Move on, DC has plenty of other interesting characters.