Page 677 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1775776276676736746756766776786796806816877277771177 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,155 of 20948
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Superman hasn't had a solo movie since 2013, he was a glorified guest star in Justice League and B vs S. The public isn't tired of Superman, they're tired of Snyder's Superman and the WB aren't interested in giving him back control of the character. Let Jenkins or Wan direct the next Superman solo, Cavill or no Cavill.
    This, right here. The public still likes Superman. They just don't like the Superman they're being given in multimedia; a glorified guest star, a villain, or the guy who dies at the end.

They're equally tired of The Wonder Woman Who Simps (for Superman), but maybe I'm projecting here after Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    I pray they don't do another superman movie, it has reached saturation point now, the public is tired of the character, it would be his 9th movie including JL.
    This is just bizarre. His last solo movie was 7 years ago, since then Batman has been at the center of the DCEU and he is getting yet another gritty reboot. Before that he was the star of a widely acclaimed trilogy. Sorry but I want my Superman movie. Preferably one without Snyder being involved.

We’re getting plenty of other characters so he’s not “blocking” anyone from getting a movie. If you don’t want to see a Superman movie... just don’t watch it? Go watch WW3 or Aquaman 2 or Shazam 2 or TSS or The Batman or Static or any of the other movies that are in the process of being made.
    Superman returns also flopped. They over did it with the character, being a glorified guest star or not, public got tired. Give him a rest for sometime and bring him back later.
    A common comment after Wonder Woman and Aquaman was "At last not another superman or bat movie". Superman had enough time on big screen for the time being. Move on, DC has plenty of other interesting characters.
    It actually made more money than Batman Begins, Warner was just idiotic in how much money they wanted it to make. They wanted it to recoup all the money they blew on that Cage Superman film that never got made.

Supes has been gone since 2017. His next earliest appearance would be a cameo in Shazam 2, so 2022 a gap of 5 years. If they reboot in 2023 in time for his 85th he’d be gone for 6 years. That’s long enough. They’ve tried a bunch of other heroes some of which succeeded (Aquaman, Shazam) and some didn’t (HQ & BOP). They seem poised to continue to do so. They can do both.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-27-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This is just bizarre. His last solo movie was 7 years ago, since then Batman has been at the center of the DCEU and he is getting yet another gritty reboot. Before that he was the star of a widely acclaimed trilogy. Sorry but I want my Superman movie. Preferably one without Snyder being involved.

We’re getting plenty of other characters so he’s not “blocking” anyone from getting a movie. If you don’t want to see a Superman movie... just don’t watch it? Go watch WW3 or Aquaman 2 or Shazam 2 or TSS or The Batman or Static or any of the other movies that are in the process of being made.

It actually made more money than Batman Begins, Warner was just idiotic in how much money they wanted it to make. They wanted it to recoup all the money they blew on that Cage Superman film that never got made.

Supes has been gone since 2017. His next earliest appearance would be a cameo in Shazam 2, so 2022 a gap of 5 years. If they reboot in 2023 in time for his 85th he’d be gone for 6 years. That’s long enough. They’ve tried a bunch of other heroes some of which succeeded (Aquaman, Shazam) and some didn’t (HQ & BOP). They seem poised to continue to do so. They can do both.
    As always, the legacy of Superman looms and blocks a lot of opportunities. WB knows on some level he's a big deal and they're so goddamn preoccupied with getting him right they never really get to him until copyright law lights a fire under their ass and they shit something out and call it a day when it doesn't perform.

They're that writer who spends all day thinking about writing and then turning in the roughest of drafts that doesn't get picked up and then they bemoan corporate structures stifling art. It used to be that DC only wanted to tell origins, deaths and villain Superman stories but we got another feather in our cap, Superdad. So hey, at least that's positive.

I felt WW84 was alright. I think all the actors did a fantastic job but the story itself was rather weak. The McGuffin was really stupid. Not as bad as many people have said but disappointing in the sense that it’s worse than the first film.

Once again people are using the underwhelming responses to recent Superman movies as proof there's a problem with Superman and not that those specific movies may have been flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As always, the legacy of Superman looms and blocks a lot of opportunities. WB knows on some level he's a big deal and they're so goddamn preoccupied with getting him right they never really get to him until copyright law lights a fire under their ass and they shit something out and call it a day when it doesn't perform.

They're that writer who spends all day thinking about writing and then turning in the roughest of drafts that doesn't get picked up and then they bemoan corporate structures stifling art. It used to be that DC only wanted to tell origins, deaths and villain Superman stories but we got another feather in our cap, Superdad. So hey, at least that's positive.
    I really don’t want to be the whiny fanboy who demands better treatment for his fav, but **** it Batman is getting a reboot and has basically hijacked the Flash’s first movie, so anyone saying Superman is “over saturated” must be from another timeline. For an “A-Lister” he’s been sitting on the sidelines for years now, he’s gotten a long enough break, and I f***ing refuse to quietly let Zack Snyder be the one to have the last word on the character.

In less butthurt fanboy news, any hints on how WW1984 is doing in terms of getting people to sign up for HBO Max? Everything WB does revolves around getting people to sign up for that service, WB clearly doesn’t care about critic reception given they’re funding the Snyder Cut. Curious to know what a “success” would look like for them. Least WW3 seems guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This reminds me of WB announcing a sequel to 2011's Green Lantern in an attempt to project confidence after the film's critical and box office drubbing.

In this case, though, I hope Jenkins & Gadot get one more film so that their tenure on the character goes out on a higher note than this. Gadot doesn't seem to have the greatest range as an actress, but when she's in her lane, she's great, and Jenkins nailed the first film.

Just take a little more time with the script this time.
    Jenkins has been talking about WW3 for some time now. She said it just wouldn't be soon. She and Johns even have the story hammered out.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Jenkins has been talking about WW3 for some time now. She said it just wouldn't be soon. She and Johns even have the story hammered out.
    I wonder if she’ll keep that script or try to rope back in Heinberg (although he’s off show running Netflix’s Sandman series) for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I really don’t want to be the whiny fanboy who demands better treatment for his fav, but **** it Batman is getting a reboot and has basically hijacked the Flash’s first movie, so anyone saying Superman is “over saturated” must be from another timeline. For an “A-Lister” he’s been sitting on the sidelines for years now, he’s gotten a long enough break, and I f***ing refuse to quietly let Zack Snyder be the one to have the last word on the character.

In less butthurt fanboy news, any hints on how WW1984 is doing in terms of getting people to sign up for HBO Max? Everything WB does revolves around getting people to sign up for that service, WB clearly doesn’t care about critic reception given they’re funding the Snyder Cut. Curious to know what a “success” would look like for them. Least WW3 seems guaranteed.
    Snyder being the last cinematic word on Superman sent a chill down my spine and turned my stomach. How dare you even breath life into so awful a sentiment.

Superman will get another movie. It's a when, not an if. The real "if" regards the movie being good or bad. Abrams as the rumors suggest really doesn't seem like the guy, but TPTB are convinced that giving Superman to Spectacle-Over-Substance directors will eventually yield gold.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-28-2020 at 12:01 AM.

"In addition, DC Films, which is part of Warner Bros., will work with filmmakers to develop movie offshoots — TV series that will run on HBO Max and interconnect with their big-screen endeavors."
    Does this basically confirm the Green Lantern HBO Max show is connected to that "still in development" GLC movie.

"Additional superhero films (two annually is the goal, perhaps focused on riskier characters like Batgirl and Static Shock) will arrive exclusively on HBO Max, the fledgling streaming service owned by WarnerMedia."
    Talking squirrel and sentient tree are not "risky characters" but a core Batfamily member and a teenager with lighting powers are. WB logic.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-28-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    And the script for Green Lantern 2 was written and paid for...

Look, I have long since learned that, when it comes to Hollywood, nothing is certain until the film is actually shooting.

Given the absolute pummeling that WW84 is getting online from the same people who liked the first one, I wouldn't take anything as guaranteed right now.

If Jenkins also whiffs her new Star Wars film, I don't think WW3 is necessarily a lock.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And the script for Green Lantern 2 was written and paid for...

Look, I have long since learned that, when it comes to Hollywood, nothing is certain until the film is actually shooting.

Given the absolute pummeling that WW84 is getting online from the same people who liked the first one, I wouldn't take anything as guaranteed right now.

If Jenkins also whiffs her new Star Wars film, I don't think WW3 is necessarily a lock.

Hope I'm wrong though.
    Green Lantern was also a far more poorly received film and didn't have asterisks to it's box office performance next to it because of being released in a pandemic.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Superman returns also flopped. They over did it with the character, being a glorified guest star or not, public got tired. Give him a rest for sometime and bring him back later.
    A common comment after Wonder Woman and Aquaman was "At last not another superman or bat movie". Superman had enough time on big screen for the time being. Move on, DC has plenty of other interesting characters.
    There was a lot of hype for both MOS and BVS pre-release, so clearly there is interest in Superman. They just lost interest in this particular version.

Nobody is saying "at least it's not another Batman or Superman movie" except fans online. Clearly, Batman fatigue isn't an actual thing among the general public.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Superman hasn't had a solo movie since 2013, he was a glorified guest star in Justice League and B vs S. The public isn't tired of Superman, they're tired of Snyder's Superman and the WB aren't interested in giving him back control of the character. Let Jenkins or Wan direct the next Superman solo, Cavill or no Cavill.
    Jenkins is not a good director and Superman clearly isn't in Wan's wheelhouse.

Superman is finished, I think the sooner fans realise that the better, if he gets a new solo regardless of who is in charge it won't do well. That is just the reality, otherwise he would've been number 1 priority and evidently he isn't and that is for a reason...
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Jenkins is not a good director and Superman clearly isn't in Wan's wheelhouse.

Superman is finished, I think the sooner fans realise that the better, if he gets a new solo regardless of who is in charge it won't do well. That is just the reality, otherwise he would've been number 1 priority and evidently he isn't and that is for a reason...
    Jenkins having one misstep doesn't mean she is a bad director. She got Charlize Theron an Oscar for Christ's sake.

There isn't a lack of interest in Superman the character from the public. It's all down to WB's screw ups. At most fans should maybe accept he's finished as long as WB has the rights and doesn't know how to capitalize on him, but please let's not paint this as something inherently wrong with the character because that's a load of BS.