Page 682 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1825826326726786796806816826836846856866927327821182 ... LastLast
Results 10,216 to 10,230 of 20948

Sounds to me like it should be regular thing. If you follow some reviewer and eventually you notice that you disagree with his views/tastes/whatever then you should stop subscribing to him, no?

Lmao

0CEA64A0-A2D6-412C-AC1E-6B901995F26B.jpg

If Emmerich or Hamanda really were stupid enough to think they could just put out the SC and have that be the end of it, let this disprove that notion. And since they gave them the SC they will never ever know peace now. The discourse around DC movies will remain permanently toxic from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao

If Emmerich or Hamanda really were stupid enough to think they could just put out the SC and have that be the end of it, let this disprove that notion. And since they gave them the SC they will never ever know peace now. The discourse around DC movies will remain permanently toxic from here on out.
    Well, they willingly opened the floodgates...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    “They thought they could ride the tiger. Instead it devoured them”. I can’t imagine how dumb they must have been to think that once they gave in the people they emboldened would just leave.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    capitulating to a fandom is never a good idea and i bet if the SnyderVerse ends with the Justice League then all that money DC poured in to the SnyderCut will all be for nothing.

Astonishing Member

It doesn’t matter at this point; the narrative has already been quietly changed to “even if the film is bad; it’s still 100% Berg/Johns’ fault”

Lmao

I gotta wonder if the Ray Fisher situation didn't play a big role in why WB's already dismissed future Snyderverse follow ups, before even seeing how it does on HBO Max. WB decided to give the snyder cult a bone, thinking they would get some good will. Only to have it emboldened Fisher to settle some scores and they got a PR mess. I'd cut that franchise loose too if I was in their position.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It doesn’t matter at this point; the narrative has already been quietly changed to “even if the film is bad; it’s still 100% Berg/Johns’ fault”
    I guess I could see "if they had just released it in theaters as is, it would've been a hit!"

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I gotta wonder if the Ray Fisher situation didn't play a big role in why WB's already dismissed future Snyderverse follow ups, before even seeing how it does on HBO Max. WB decided to give the snyder cult a bone, thinking they would get some good will. Only to have it emboldened Fisher to settle some scores and they got a PR mess. I'd cut that franchise loose too if I was in their position.
    It had more to do with an article describing the Snyderverse as a Cul-de-sac than anything to do with Ray Fisher

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Sounds to me like it should be regular thing. If you follow some reviewer and eventually you notice that you disagree with his views/tastes/whatever then you should stop subscribing to him, no?
    Depends-is it everything he or she says or is it certain topics?

I dumped one recently.

On the grounds he could not hide his HATRED of Marvel, Ms Marvel, Ryan Coogler, WOMEN in comics, Sana Amanat and calling certain folks in comics racists (with no evidence). He can't promote his stuff or do a review without insulting Marvel.
    Before PANDERING to a certain gator fandom-he was fine. He could give you thought reviews and commentary with DATA to back it up. I miss those days.

Let this be an example of PANDERING GONE WRONG.

They WILLINGLY gave in.

I mean if they wanted to show that version WITHOUT doing anything and let Snyder comment on it or just show it as is-I think that would have been fine.

The MOMENT you gave him MONEY to finish his version-Dc asked for it.

Now the question will be HOW TOXIC will it get?

Will they go after say the folks doing Static's movie? What about Star Girl's show? Or Doom Patrol's Cyborg?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    It had more to do with an article describing the Snyderverse as a Cul-de-sac than anything to do with Ray Fisher
    I'd liken it to the crash barrier atop a two thousand foot cliff that you just rocketed through...

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends-is it everything he or she says or is it certain topics?

I dumped one recently.

On the grounds he could not hide his HATRED of Marvel, Ms Marvel, Ryan Coogler, WOMEN in comics, Sana Amanat and calling certain folks in comics racists (with no evidence). He can't promote his stuff or do a review without insulting Marvel.
    Before PANDERING to a certain gator fandom-he was fine. He could give you thought reviews and commentary with DATA to back it up. I miss those days.

Let this be an example of PANDERING GONE WRONG.

They WILLINGLY gave in.

I mean if they wanted to show that version WITHOUT doing anything and let Snyder comment on it or just show it as is-I think that would have been fine.

The MOMENT you gave him MONEY to finish his version-Dc asked for it.

Now the question will be HOW TOXIC will it get?

Will they go after say the folks doing Static's movie? What about Star Girl's show? Or Doom Patrol's Cyborg?
    They’re going to go after everyone. They already went after Shazam and Birds of Prey, credit Snyder for everything good in Wonder Woman and Aquaman...etc. How ironic

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Lmao

Sounds more like people wanting to see something continue, than anything 'toxic'. I think JL is going to do really well in March.

I just really want more Ben Affleck BATMAN- and why the hell not? There's no need for an either/or mentality. SHAZAM is the best superhero flick IMO, but I also love the Ultimate Cut of BvS (which feels in the vein of X-Men: Days of Future Past which slaps). We can accommodate all kinds of tones and vibes.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-31-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Sounds more like people wanting to see something continue, than anything 'toxic'. I think JL is going to do really well in March.

I just really want more Ben Affleck BATMAN.
    They’re toxic. They’ve shown that again and again by constantly harassing anyone who even dares to say they don’t like Zack Snyder’s films. Doubt you’ll get what you want, Affleck has already booked a bunch of films apparently, his cameo in Flashpoint may be how he gracefully bows out.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

They’re toxic. They’ve shown that again and again by constantly harassing anyone who even dares to say they don’t like Zack Snyder’s films. Doubt you’ll get what you want, Affleck has already booked a bunch of films apparently, his cameo in Flashpoint may be how he gracefully bows out.
    Eh, I'm not on Twitter or anything so I'll take your word for it but whatever they're doing seems to work. I don't want to use the word 'toxic' lightly. This seems light to me.

I doubt very much that Affleck is bowing out (the very concept of bowing out sounds hacky), but we'll see. I don't think he wants to be Batman in anything other than stuff he makes or Zach Snyder makes- so it'll depend on that. They're all nuts if they don't let Affleck direct his own feature.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-31-2020 at 06:04 PM.