Page 683 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1835836336736796806816826836846856866876937337831183 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,245 of 20948

What even constitutes the "Snyder-verse" at this point? More movies with Cavill and Affleck? The latter is at least happening with Flashpoint and with Snyder's Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What even constitutes the "Snyder-verse" at this point? More movies with Cavill and Affleck? The latter is at least happening with Flashpoint and with Snyder's Flash.
    JL2 and 3 at the very least, basically putting Snyder back in charge of overseeing the DC films. He had quite a bit of authority back at his peak, was basically acting as Feige figure. They also want Ayer back in charge of SS, and no more “copying the MCU” aka making everything as dark and violent and edgy as it can get, with lots of faux symbolism. The Snyder aesthetic in every movie. And yeah they want Affleck and Cavill back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    JL2 and 3 at the very least, basically putting Snyder back in charge of overseeing the DC films. He had quite a bit of authority back at his peak, was basically acting as Feige figure. They also want Ayer back in charge of SS, and no more “copying the MCU” aka making everything as dark and violent and edgy as it can get, with lots of faux symbolism. The Snyder aesthetic in every movie. And yeah they want Affleck and Cavill back too.
    I can tell you that is definitely not happening for the most part.

You’ll never convince the Cutists of that. They got the Snyder Cut, and people said that was impossible. However it’s unlikely now due to the spat between Fisher and WB. Ironic that Fisher may be the one that ensured the SC was the finale, since Hamada sure as hell isn’t giving him any more work. But who knows? WB is an inept company, flailing around as AT&T guts them. Who knows if Emmerich and Hamada will even hold on to their jobs when the dust settles?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Nor should it! The very idea of a 'Feige figure' is exhausting. Just let filmmakers make movies. Doesn't matter what kind of nonsense fanspeak about multiple Earths needs to be said.

Snyder can make his JL movies, the actors/crew seem to really like working with him. That doesn't mean there can't be other movies with totally different narratives and tones and such. The more diversity the better. Aquaman, Shazam, WW and WW84 have all been amazing. With Max now the possibilities are endless in terms of content.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-31-2020 at 06:17 PM.

the movie “multiverse” has taken away the need/want for a grand architect of the DCU but it also keeps the door open for someone like Snyder to work on the occasional project if he can come up with something AT&T is interested in. In the very unlikely event that the SC Justice League is received positively and there’s a chance to make money, I’m sure AT&T would be open to another project. Gal is still Wonder Woman, Momoa is still Aquaman, Cavill may have a cameo in Shazam 2 to face off with Black Adam (odds of that are higher since Cavill and the Rock are friends and have the same manager), and unfortunately Ezra Miller is still The Flash. If Hamada loses his job the chances of more Snyder DC movies goes even higher.

But at least with the multiverse theory they don’t have to rely on a Feige-type person to oversee everything and have it all be connected in a “Snyderverse”.

You can’t make a “budget” JL film though, especially not Snyder. His plan was a big massive CGI battle for JL2 and then basically the Knightmare for Part 3. And none of the actors will come cheap either. Cavill wants more money and solo movies, that’s why he hasn’t come back yet. Affleck is trying to rebuild his rep again, and he’s going to want to be on the big screen. Snyder can’t follow up on his JL unless they’re willing to give him another $250 million. Maybe they will, they’re dumb enough to sink another $70 million into the JL flop, maybe they’ll give Snyder another couple hundred million to burn as they gut DC for pennies.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You can’t make a “budget” JL film though, especially not Snyder. His plan was a big massive CGI battle for JL2 and then basically the Knightmare for Part 3. And none of the actors will come cheap either. Cavill wants more money and solo movies, that’s why he hasn’t come back yet. Affleck is trying to rebuild his rep again, and he’s going to want to be on the big screen. Snyder can’t follow up on his JL unless they’re willing to give him another $250 million. Maybe they will, they’re dumb enough to sink another $70 million into the JL flop, maybe they’ll give Snyder another couple hundred million to burn as they gut DC for pennies.
    The world is changing. Content is king.

What you call 'sinking' others see as developing a catalog of material for audiences to enjoy at their leisure.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-31-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Eh, I'm not on Twitter or anything so I'll take your word for it but whatever they're doing seems to work. I don't want to use the word 'toxic' lightly. This seems light to me.

I doubt very much that Affleck is bowing out (the very concept of bowing out sounds hacky), but we'll see. I don't think he wants to be Batman in anything other than stuff he makes or Zach Snyder makes- so it'll depend on that. They're all nuts if they don't let Affleck direct his own feature.
    There's plenty toxicity on both sides of the argument.

The "we're doing the multiverse, so Dc doesn't have to copy Feige's shared universe masterplan!!" angle feels kinda hollow now that we know Doctor Strange and Spiderman are going to tackle the multiverse before Flash does. I mean I guess they did it first on the CW shows, but that's really not the same thing.

The world is changing. Content is king.

What you call 'sinking' others see as developing a catalog of material for audiences to enjoy at their leisure.
    I can think of a lot of other projects that would’ve been more enjoyable for a wider audience. Not all content is good content, especially when you’re as unhappy with your subscriber numbers and envious of your competitors numbers as AT&T is. And if it bombs critically like it probably will, it’s not going to grab an audience at all beyond the hardcore. We’ll see how many of those there are.

The irony of course is once they decided to just throw all their 2021 movies on Max they no longer needed the SC as a big project to get attention.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-31-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    The "we're doing the multiverse, so Dc doesn't have to copy Feige's shared universe masterplan!!" angle feels kinda hollow now that we know Doctor Strange and Spiderman are going to tackle the multiverse before Flash does. I mean I guess they did it first on the CW shows, but that's really not the same thing.
    If anything it’s just helping DC/WB since they couldn’t pull off the shared universe like Marvel Studios. Marvel is the final word on superheroes to the mainstream public so if they start saying it’s ok to have multiple version of the same character on screen most people will be ok with it. WB/AT&T can now do a brand new Superman film without having to worry about signing Cavill and sticking to Snyder’s MoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's plenty toxicity on both sides of the argument.
    I agree. Those who accuse Snyder of being a fascist or a racist or whatever are also delusional. He’s just a bad director imo, but he doesn’t seem like a bad person.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    That’s just an excuse for them to keep what works (Gadot, Maoma, etc) while also allowing them to reboot and do other projects as well. So Batman gets rebooted, maybe Supes will too, but they can also do stuff like Joker without having to bring in Leto. Anything about “paying homage to DC history” is a crock, WB just failed at making a cinematic universe so they seem to be throwing in the towel.

I don't think this Snyder Cut of the JL is going to do any better than the DoJ movie. Just sayin'.

Astonishing Member

Nor should it! The very idea of a 'Feige figure' is exhausting. Just let filmmakers make movies. Doesn't matter what kind of nonsense fanspeak about multiple Earths needs to be said.

Snyder can make his JL movies, the actors/crew seem to really like working with him. That doesn't mean there can't be other movies with totally different narratives and tones and such. The more diversity the better. Aquaman, Shazam, WW and WW84 have all been amazing. With Max now the possibilities are endless in terms of content.
    Hamada is the DCEU's Fiege at the moment, he controls all of the DCEU going forward. That's all Fiege does.

He really can't, Snyder doesn't own any of those characters WB does. He's only getting The Snyder Cut because someone in AT&T supports him and even that is a one off opportunity. While the DCEU has been less focused on a shared universe it's more organic then ever since all the properties feel like one world with similarities in tone - it's very easy to grasp Shazam, Aquaman, Birds or Prey and Wonder Woman films being in the same universe.

What's puzzling for me is why hasn't Snyder gone to another studio to do his own Justice League with blackjack and hookers? With new characters the DC fans won't be upset with what he does with them and his fans get something to enjoy. Instead all he's doing is re-editing his DCEU movies like he's George Lucas.