Page 684 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1845846346746806816826836846856866876886947347841184 ... LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 20948

This situation of "lets give Snyder 70 millions so that he can create a mini series out of his JL cut and then say that nothing is going to follow it" is very weird to me. Especially considering that studios usually like to project confidence and announce that they are going to do sequels and maybe even entire universe out of the upcoming movie. Yet here, before this even gets released (does it even have a launch date yet?) they announce that it is a street that leads nowhere. To me it just doesn't add up so I got two theories:

1. As we know things are bad at ATT so maybe plans are changing every couple of months and people who thought that Snyder cut was a good idea changed their mind despite no new data being available.
    2. WB likes "release the Snyder cut" community and doesn't want it to fade away so they are adding more wood to the fire. Won't surprise me if at some point Snyder will talk about how Snyder Cut was not going to happen, but fans made it happen. So you know, keep "fighting" and maybe you'll make Snyderverse happen.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's plenty toxicity on both sides of the argument.
    Agreed. I don't think there's a single movie, topic, or famous person being talked about on social media that doesn't have horrible people arguing for or against them.

That doesn't make whatever those douche-nozzles are talking about bad or good. Smug abusive Bernie Bros doesn't mean that Bernie Sanders is a bad guy or has bad ideas, for instance. Star Wars fandom, in particular, is full of both the worst humans I've ever seen and some perfectly delightful people.

Toxicity online is often simply a byproduct of media flailing about for profit and using pointless divisiveness and negativity to drive traffic, coupled with a lack of empathy when dealing with people online because people are arguing with avatars rather than flesh and blood human beings.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This situation of "lets give Snyder 70 millions so that he can create a mini series out of his JL cut and then say that nothing is going to follow it" is very weird to me. Especially considering that studios usually like to project confidence and announce that they are going to do sequels and maybe even entire universe out of the upcoming movie. Yet here, before this even gets released (does it even have a launch date yet?) they announce that it is a street that leads nowhere. To me it just doesn't add up so I got two theories:

1. As we know things are bad at ATT so maybe plans are changing every couple of months and people who thought that Snyder cut was a good idea changed their mind despite no new data being available.
    2. WB likes "release the Snyder cut" community and doesn't want it to fade away so they are adding more wood to the fire. Won't surprise me if at some point Snyder will talk about how Snyder Cut was not going to happen, but fans made it happen. So you know, keep "fighting" and maybe you'll make Snyderverse happen.
    You're overthinking this, it's not like its just one company or person with a single plan doing this. It's two companies at loggerheads, Hamanda at WB wants to wash his hands of Snyder so he's not getting any film there going the big question mark is who the supporters are at AT&T are doing, what their plan is and how much do they want to sink into Snyder's foolish projects. AT&T might be what Snyder needs to do more projects at HBO Max, maybe, but it won't be in Snyder Cut scope, the Snyder Cut's money ins't just about what they're doing for HBO millions of dollars was injected into it when it was a film that Whedon eventually took over and Snyder is using footage he shot when it was a blockbuster - he's not getting that budget for a HBO project if he gets another bite of that apple and assuming he does it will remain its own contained universe it won't be in the DCEU. Director's cuts don't automatically happen for movies, there needs to be a demand and COVID helped along with HBO Max needing something which the press will eat up too get eyes on their new channel. Those two things won't be advantages for his next HBO Max Justice League project and if those are things which pushed his project over the threshold its' over. Just because something can happen doesn't mean it will happen. A lot of things had to slot into place for the Snyder Cut to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

That will bring the end of DC. The audiences worldwide have spoken, they don't want his vision. His movies have been labeled as unwatchable and his cult can tweet all they want, it won't change a thing with the general public that goes to the movies. While they embraced Shazam, Aquaman and WW.
    Snyder managed the unthinkable to flop with Batman and Superman, the two most famous characters in the world.
    His cult most of them aren't even DC fans, they don't even know the very basics about these characters.

The hot takes about "Snyder fans aren't true DC fans", "Snyder movies all flopped" and "No one wants to watch them" is as old as it is inaccurate.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-01-2021 at 01:27 AM.

The hot takes about "Snyder fans aren't true DC fans", "Snyder movies all flopped" and "No one wants to watch them" is as old as it is inaccurate.
    his movies failed no beating around the bush. Superman and Batman are the most famous characters around, with them he wasn't even close to make a billion at BO. Despite having had at his disposal a big budget.

His man of steel made less than Suicide Squad, that is Superman the most iconic superhero worldwide makes less than a bunch of mostly unknowns to the general public worldwide. That is not a failure?
    AT the same time Marvel trounced him at Box Office and set off to reach new heights with their movies. While he left DC languishing despite they have more interesting characters than those of Marvel.

And yes part of his cult have no idea about DC characters, just discuss with some, fortunately not all, and you will be surprised at their ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    his movies failed no beating around the bush. Superman and Batman are the most famous characters around, with them he wasn't even close to make a billion at BO. Despite having had at his disposal a big budget.

His man of steel made less than Suicide Squad, that is Superman the most iconic superhero worldwide makes less than a bunch of mostly unknowns to the general public worldwide. That is not a failure?
    AT the same time Marvel trounced him at Box Office and set off to reach new heights with their movies. While he left DC languishing despite they have more interesting characters than those of Marvel.

And yes part of his cult have no idea about DC characters, just discuss with some, fortunately not all, and you will be surprised at their ignorance.
    Made less than Marvel =/= failure. And not agreeing with you on how Superman and Batman, two characters who have been reinterpreted numerous times for decades, is not the same thing as not understanding the characters. That type of gatekeeping nonsense is textbook fandom toxicity. I've seen plenty of Superman fans who takes on the character are a lot less accurate than they would like to admit or just ignore aspects of the character they don't like.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-01-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Made less than Marvel =/= failure. And not agreeing with you on how Superman and Batman, two characters who have been reinterpreted numerous times for decades, is not the same thing as not understanding the characters. That type of gatekeeping nonsense is textbook fandom toxicity. I've seen plenty of Superman fans who takes on the character are a lot less accurate than they would like to admit or just ignore aspects of the character they don't like.
    His take ended in failure, Marvel with Captain Marvel a mostly unknown character to non comic fans, it made three times more than MOS at BO. While Superman with batman is the most recognizable character around.
    MOS makes less than SS!! No excuses please. Superman beaten at BO by Suicide Squad is UNACCEPTABLE.

This has nothing to do with gatekeeping and toxic fandom. The general public gives a hoot about that. That same public that watched his movies turned to be a traumatic experience for them.
    And yes part of his cult are not real DC fans, REAL DC fans don't rip a movie before even it comes out.
    You can tell me aren't you doing the same, difference is I was rooting for his movies to be a success and even at first tried to defend what honestly couldn't be defended. He flopped that's the damn truth, not once but twice. There come a time when you have to say, I can't be right and all facts point that those movies failed.

Time to move on, time for DC/WB to catch up with Marvel, they have better characters to that, but you can't with doom and gloom snyder. People watch these movies to have fun not for a Freudian experience.

Lots of people are ripping up Snyder Cut and it hasn't been released yet, I guess those aren't real DC fans either.

Heck, generally speaking, asides of few exceptions, I hated Rebirth and I don't like majority of what was announced for Future State and March. I guess I'm not a real DC fan either. Or it matters for movies only?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's two companies at loggerheads, Hamanda at WB wants to wash his hands of Snyder so he's not getting any film there going the big question mark is who the supporters are at AT&T are doing, what their plan is and how much do they want to sink into Snyder's foolish projects.
    Is there some confirmation that Hamada doesn't like what Snyder is doing and that someone from ATT is backing Snyder?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed. I don't think there's a single movie, topic, or famous person being talked about on social media that doesn't have horrible people arguing for or against them.
    It's the modern political method of trying to completely destroy your opponents for purely partisan reasons. At least with politics, though, it actually matters in regard to our way of life, while movies really don't.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

DC they have more interesting characters than those of Marvel.
    Time to move on, time for
    DC/WB , they have better characters to that,
    I don't agree with this by the way.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-01-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    JL2 and 3 at the very least, basically putting Snyder back in charge of overseeing the DC films. He had quite a bit of authority back at his peak, was basically acting as Feige figure. They also want Ayer back in charge of SS, and no more “copying the MCU” aka making everything as dark and violent and edgy as it can get, with lots of faux symbolism. The Snyder aesthetic in every movie. And yeah they want Affleck and Cavill back too.
    Ironic considering their convinced that the MCU was copying a (to paraphrase) “stolen outline of Snyder’s vision that that snake Johns leaked to his old buddy Feige” etc etc

Due to the fact that JL failed enough to see Johns and Berg out the door and that there was enough to Fisher’s claims to see Whedon kicked; Snyder may well have to be put back in charge if only to keep some measure of hype for DC movies going forward
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 01-01-2021 at 04:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Under specific circumstances it is. Batman vs Superman should been a billion dollar movie due to who those character are and that this is their first movie team up, the only character Marvel has who match those Spider-man in popularity. While gatekeeping is a form of toxicity from fandom, there is truth where that comes from and that was hardly as vicious a comment about gatekeeping, things get far more personal than comments like that. Just because there are many interpretations don't make every interpretation right, ones who act like Snyder's are more like villainous Elseworld tales than mainstream comics and media depictions. Superman is far less malleable than Batman is, especially when Snyder's was supposed to be a deconstruction rather than a flat out classic version. What do Superman fans depiction's have to do with anything? This is about official depictions by WB and DC. Controversial directions are also prone to massive arguments among fandom since reacting to official depictions comes with the territory of creating content. Ignore what aspects? Superman being angry every once and a while is not what Snyder's was doing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Ironic considering their convinced that the MCU was copying a (to paraphrase) “stolen outline of Snyder’s vision that that snake Johns leaked to his old buddy Feige” etc etc

Due to the fact that JL failed enough to see Johns and Berg out the door and that there was enough to Fisher’s claims to see Whedon kicked; Snyder may well have to be put back in charge if only to keep some measure of hype for DC movies going forward
    The DCEU hasn't lost momentum. The sequels of Shazam, Wonder Woman and Aquaman as well as projects like Black Adam are in the works, and tv spin-offs. Whedon hasn't been with the DCEU since Justice league, he's old news. The DCEU are in good shape going forward, even if WW '84 stumbled.