Page 691 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1915916416816876886896906916926936946957017417911191 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 20948
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the Justice Society is Plan B now that the Justice League franchise is done for the foreseeable future. Johns has been trying to bring them more mainstream attention for years. Black Adam could be the start of a new line of superhero team up films starring the JSA.
    I would be for that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batman talking about being a "hunter" was pretty bad for me.
    He does hunt.People just don't it as bad thing or negative,as of now.Everybody is like "look how badass batman is when he is planning to subdue his friends".He's a shark.He made a career out of bringing down powered individuals.He's conniving and manipulative with all his contingencies.Batman is the kinda guy that goes up by bringing others down,Not by focusing on your own strength and overcoming weaknesses/limits.He's no goku.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-08-2021 at 10:37 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Someone probably will correct me on this, but from what I remember WW in New 52 Justice League was happy to kill things and that was written by Johns.
    Johns had an epiphany on the character around The Darkseid War. His stance and take on the character did a 180, and that was right on the cusp of DC: Rebirth.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    After Doomsday Clock, Three Jokers and WW84 I have lost all faith in Johns
    Absolutely the same. I am beginning to wonder if he ever was good. I found his GL run got boring. I preferred Parker's AM to his I have re-read Parkers more times actually. JL was a hot mess even DS War sort of fizzled out after a strong start.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Absolutely the same. I am beginning to wonder if he ever was good. I found his GL run got boring. I preferred Parker's AM to his I have re-read Parkers more times actually. JL was a hot mess even DS War sort of fizzled out after a strong start.
    Johns has a vast catalogue of good works. Legion of Three Worlds, Wally West Flash, Green Lantern and both Justice Society runs were a joy to read. He does have a habit of overstaying his welcome, and fizzling when he stays too long. But nobody stays on top forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Johns has a vast catalogue of good works. Legion of Three Worlds, Wally West Flash, Green Lantern and both Justice Society runs were a joy to read. He does have a habit of overstaying his welcome, and fizzling when he stays too long. But nobody stays on top forever.
    The Superman run that he had before Flashpoint was good too. And his Teen Titans were great.
    In his prime, Johns were very good writing stories. If not exceptional, at least they were fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Yep. It's Peter David's aesthetic, Momoa's bro-humor, and aspects of the mythos that Johns reworked in his run.
    And made it popular. Like it or not, it was Johns who made Aquaman a character that WB wasn't very afraid of making a movie based on him.

Johns' rewrite of Flash's origin is also a big reason on why the Flash series (season 1 at least) was pretty great to me. Him trying to prove his father's innocent and one of his rogues being responsible for his tragedy made his background unique and interesting compared to the rest of the league.
    Last edited by Rise; 01-09-2021 at 07:52 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    And made it popular. Like it or not, it was Johns who made Aquaman a character that WB wasn't very afraid of making a movie based on him.
    It helped, but I don't really believe a WB exec read his New 52 run and was like "By Jove, we have a sleeping giant of a franchise here."

They don't need to read it. WB exec (and any exec of mega company) care about money and seeing the sales and reception to his N52 run is enough to make them consider it.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He does hunt.People just don't it as bad thing or negative,as of now.Everybody is like "look how badass batman is when he is planning to subdue his friends".He's a shark.He made a career out of bringing down powered individuals.He's conniving and manipulative with all his contingencies.Batman is the kinda guy that goes up by bringing others down,Not by focusing on your own strength and overcoming weaknesses/limits.He's no goku.
    Not the way he frames it in the movie.

Batman's career isn't about taking down powered people, it's about protecting the innocent and enacting justice. Sometimes that belief leads him to be too paranoid and distrusting, but at the end of the day he isn't out to harm people who don't deserve it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    They don't need to read it. WB exec (and any exec of mega company) care about money and seeing the sales and reception to his N52 run is enough to make them consider it.
    Really??? Sorry those executives do NOT care about comic books.

A comic book sales is NOT going to tell them who to use. It has ZERO say.

Where is this STAR GIRL book at? That sold so well she got a tv show? Oh that's RIGHT there wasn't one. For a girl who has been MIA in comics for 10+ years before Doomsday Clock's cameo.
    Or Doom Patrol? Whose last run was constantly delayed and did not feature Cyborg.
    Vixen-who had a show and she NEVER held a solo and her last mini was 11 years ago.
    Shazam same thing.
    Black Lightning same thing.
    Joker says hi too.
    As does Static.

Lets go to MARVEL-where an executive FOUGHT against 2 movies. Two movies that just made a billion each.
    While Marvel took low sellers like Dr Strange, Antman and GOTG and made them movies. While Marvel took Scarlet Witch, Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Ironfist, Defenders, Moon Girl, Kate Bishop, Winter Solider & Falcon gave them tv shows.
    NONE of whom have been top sellers.

So why would an executive look at comic book sales when in terms of movies and tv shows-those sales don't matter.

We will have 3 GOTG, 3 Antman and probably 4 Blade movies-whose combine solo issues is UNDER 100, before we get Flash A MOVIE. Yet Flash outsells EVERYBODY I listed.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Where is this STAR GIRL book at? That sold so well she got a tv show? Oh that's RIGHT there wasn't one. For a girl who has been MIA in comics for 10+ years before Doomsday Clock's cameo.
    Or Doom Patrol? Whose last run was constantly delayed and did not feature Cyborg.
    Vixen-who had a show and she NEVER held a solo and her last mini was 11 years ago.
    Shazam same thing.
    Joker says hi too.
    As does Static.

Lets go to MARVEL-where an executive FOUGHT against 2 movies. Two movies that just made a billion each.
    While Marvel took low sellers like Dr Strange, Antman and GOTG and made them movies. While Marvel took Scarlet Witch, Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Ironfist, Defenders, Moon Girl, Kate Bishop, Winter Solider & Falcon gave them tv shows.

So why would an executive look at comic book sales when in terms of movies and tv shows-those sales don't matter.

We will have 3 GOTG, 3 Antman and probably 4 Blade movies-whose combine solo issues is UNDER 100, before we get Flash A MOVIE. Yet Flash outsells EVERYBODY I listed.
    DC really needs it's own studio and production company. The hold up with properties now comes from the execs and shareholders at WB and AT&T not wanting to pay for these properties to be turned into movies. But are fiending like dwarves over gold, to emulate the same success Marvel Studios has.

It's the same reason Star Trek 4 is being held up. Paramount doesn't want to pay to produce another one. Despite director talent and writers completing scripts. I believe there have been several Flash scripts by this point. One by Johns, and one by Morrison with Ezra Miller confirmed. WB hasn't moved on anything for reasons that weren't explained. Unexplained reasons have to do with funding. Who is going to foot the bill? From one of the richest studios (second only to Disney at this point) and richest communication companies.

It pays to have your own studio and production company.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    DC really needs it's own studio and production company. The hold up with properties now comes from the execs and shareholders at WB and AT&T not wanting to pay for these properties to be turned into movies. But are fiending like dwarves over gold, to emulate the same success Marvel Studios has.

It's the same reason Star Trek 4 is being held up. Paramount doesn't want to pay to produce another one. Despite director talent and writers completing scripts. I believe there have been several Flash scripts by this point. One by Johns, and one by Morrison with Ezra Miller confirmed. WB hasn't moved on anything for reasons that weren't explained. Unexplained reasons have to do with funding. Who is going to foot the bill? From one of the richest studios (second only to Disney at this point) and richest communication companies.

Totally agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Shazam same thing.
    Joker says hi too.
    As does Static.

Why do you always sound angry? Calm the heck down and stop bringing Marvel every single time someone dare to talk about DC movies or their "minority". I wonder why you even bother with DC because you always seem unhappy about them.

And yes, WB does care about comics sales and reception. Why the heck do you think GL got a movie and animated show suddenly? Because of the huge success of Hal's return in comics. It doesn't mean that it's the only factor for WB to consider whether to do a movie or series about a character nor I claim that it's.
    Last edited by Rise; 01-09-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

It wasn't just the scripting. Haven't they gone through 3-4 directors by this point? And now they're banking on the Batman element instead of The Flash.

Sometimes I'm just not sure if WB has any idea what they're doing.

Their issue is the studio is largely reactionary, and every time there's a setback it causes them to shift plans and reevaluate things. Green Lantern is gonna be the start of our Marvel-style shared universe! Oh wait, nobody cares about Green Lantern, so now that's gonna be Man of Steel! Batman v Superman is gonna launch an entire series of spin-offs and a two-part Justice League movie! Whoops, that got terrible reviews and even worse box office legs, so now Justice League is just one movie, and we're gonna totally rewrite and reshoot it in the middle of filming with a new director! Oops, nobody liked that either? Uh, well cancel some of those spin-offs! Uh, Ben Affleck doesn't wanna be Batman anymore? Multiverse! Just say Multiverse! It never stops. Flash is at least a partial victim of that, as part of the holdup was them parting ways with Rick Famuyiwa when they suddenly no longer wanted his more serious take after BVS underpeformed.