Page 702 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2026026526926986997007017027037047057067127528021202 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 20948

ok some of that does look pretty cool, whatever I already have HBOMax, i guess I'll give it watch after all. Letos Joker continues to be cringe though.

Astonishing Member

Leto Joker’s line, “We live in a society” and his delivery of it made me burst into laughter. I hear there’s few jokes in this movie, but what they really mean there’s few intentional jokes in this film. Snyder’s relenting pseudo-intellectual, quasi-philosophical self-serious style is on full display here and it’s going to be fodder for a lot of unintentional hilarity.

When he takes everything so seriously when the characters are fighting what essentially amounts to a bunch of PlayStation cutscene boss battle monsters then I can’t help but laugh. This movie is going to make a good rifftrax someday. Still excited for the film though.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-14-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    "We live in a society". Jesus, Joseph, and Mary he actually said it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I kind of like the charging bull-red cape line from Alfred, I think that may be down to Jeremy Irons saying it.

But oh man, the rest of it....

Lol at all the comments here. Look, at this point it should be clear that this is a Snyder film made for his fans (basically a director's cut). If you didn't like his previous works, chances are you aren't gonna like this one either. That being said, why waste time on something you didn't enjoy in the past? There are plenty of other materials - movies, comics and more that folks can enjoy instead

Anyways, looking forward to seeing Snyder's full vision next month.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Extraordinary Member

Here's my piece. I've seen the trailer, didn't like the Whedon cut at all, thought it was utter garbage, but also hated Snyder's previous DC works, and am a general DC fan, with a good bit more knowledge of the DCU than the average non-fan moviegoer. I don't have HBO Max. WB's problem as I see it is that I have no intention of even bothering for a limited sign-up just to see this. Now I obviously don't matter to them, but I don't imagine I'm alone. Really, the pool of people who might be tempted to sign up for this is limited to fairly big DC fans. At least as I see it.

As for the trailer, I thought it was just as much of a muddled mess as Whedon's cut. Probably different, but I didn't see better there. Just a lot of video game cut scenes.

I'm still not convinced that these guys are the Justice League. Hell they're not even Super Friends. I see them as a Less-Suicidal Squad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Lol at all the comments here. Look, at this point it should be clear that this is a Snyder film made for his fans (basically a director's cut). If you didn't like his previous works, chances are you aren't gonna like this one either. That being said, why waste time on something you didn't enjoy in the past? There are plenty of other materials - movies, comics and more that folks can enjoy instead

Anyways, looking forward to seeing Snyder's full vision next month.
    As I said in another thread this doesn't shield him from criticism.
    Using the excuse "it's made for his fans" doesn't make it critic proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Hyperbolic and spammed statements aren't criticism, they're abusive. I think fans of Zack Snyder's work have put up with far to much bad faith criticism from angry people.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Jared Leto is going to be to the very first actor to play the Joker in a live-action movie more than once. Despite being the worst received actor in the role - he’s the actor that actually ends up getting the last laugh.

He gets the last laugh all the way to the bank!
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I might be misjudging it but it still looks baseline like the same movie, more or less, with some additional flourishes and scenes. Maybe that will make the difference.

With the Iris scene restored, does that lock-in Kiersey Clemmons for The Flash movie? Will we actually see any Flash characters in that film?

Cyborg's design is still terrible.

I'm almost amazed they didn't go overboard with Granny Goodness. That's nice.

On some level I'm actually happy Affleck's Batman and Leto's Joker get to actually interact (if only in a dream sequence?) and Joker gets to actually say "Batman," even if Leto's Joker just looks better but still sounds nothing like The Joker. "We live in a society." Really?

The snyder cut trailer looks very serious like Batman v Superman. It also looks like the theatrical movie but with better VFX and new scenes, and more serious, no jokes.

I don't have HBO Max. I'll wait for reactions from people I trust after this comes out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The snyder cut trailer looks very serious like Batman v Superman. It also looks like the theatrical movie but with better VFX and new scenes, and more serious, no jokes.

I don't have HBO Max. I'll wait for reactions from people I trust after this comes out.
    I imagine a lot of people will do that. Which means it better not only be good, but close on to incredible. Which....probably isn't going to happen. Even if it turns out to be better than Whedon's unfortunate exercise in messing up the DCEU; that's not exactly a high bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Sure, not saying it does. But at this point, I would imagine it would be better to just move on. Why rain on other's parade, so to speak? His fans petitioned hard to make this happen, so let them enjoy that. I mean, it's clear that some folks don't like Snyder's work. So, why reiterate one's dislike for Snyder's take on the characters (esp when they have made it clear in the past). I suppose that's what happens when we are attached to the characters. Fascinating behavior, nonetheless.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Leto Joker’s line, “We live in a society” and his delivery of it made me burst into laughter. I hear there’s few jokes in this movie, but what they really mean there’s few intentional jokes in this film. Snyder’s relenting pseudo-intellectual, quasi-philosophical self-serious style is on full display here and it’s going to be fodder for a lot of unintentional hilarity.

When he takes everything so seriously when the characters are fighting what essentially amounts to a bunch of PlayStation cutscene boss battle monsters then I can’t help but laugh. This movie is going to make a good rifftrax someday. Still excited for the film though.
    I got the opposite feeling.He was making fun of joker as character.It's a meme.right?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"