Page 703 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2036036536936997007017027037047057067077137538031203 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Sure, not saying it does. But at this point, I would imagine it would be better to just move on. Why rain on other's parade, so to speak? His fans petitioned hard to make this happen, so let them enjoy that. I mean, it's clear that some folks don't like Snyder's work. So, why reiterate one's dislike for Snyder's take on the characters (esp when they have made it clear in the past). I suppose that's what happens when we are attached to the characters. Fascinating behavior, nonetheless.
    Snyder fans can't/don't want to move on. They still can't understand why so many fans don't love Snyder's vision for DC. They even ask why we aren't excited for the Snyder cut if it looks so amazing. They are already asking for his vision to be restored and Snyder to be given the keys again to continue making more JL and Superman movies.

Are those of us who lost faith in him supposed to just be quiet? I don't think so. If we don't like it, we need to let the powers that be know we want a change.

Of course, if the Snyder cut is a big hit, my guess is AT&T will probably want more Snyder DC movies. It's a business after all. But that remains to be seen next month. I don't even know what to hope. I guess I should hope his cut is actually enjoyable and epic. If it turns out amazing, I will say it. If it doesn't, I will say it too.

I’m not a Snyder fan at all but I’m excited as hell about this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The snyder cut trailer looks very serious like Batman v Superman. It also looks like the theatrical movie but with better VFX and new scenes, and more serious, no jokes.

I don't have HBO Max. I'll wait for reactions from people I trust after this comes out.
    The FX on Cyborg don't look that much better to me.

Darkseid and co. look better than Steppenwolf.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Snyder fans can't/don't want to move on. They still can't understand why so many fans don't love Snyder's vision for DC. They even ask why we aren't excited for the Snyder cut if it looks so amazing. They are already asking for his vision to be restored and Snyder to be given the keys again to continue making more JL and Superman movies.

Are those of us who lost faith in him supposed to just be quiet? I don't think so. If we don't like it, we need to let the powers that be know we want a change.

Of course, if the Snyder cut is a big hit, my guess is AT&T will probably want more Snyder DC movies. It's a business after all. But that remains to be seen next month. I don't even know what to hope. I guess I should hope his cut is actually enjoyable and epic. If it turns out amazing, I will say it. If it doesn't, I will say it too.
    nah! you both should keep at it.It keeps things interesting.
    "Move on"
    "NO! you move on"
    It's only bad when things aren't balanced and one side is just overwhelming.Then that's just bullying.
    "snyder's Superman is the satan.The character doesn't smile.it's way too serious and dark "
    "Oh!yeah! well synder made superman interesting.Donner superman and mcu is just quips "
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I guess you're right. I've only seen it twice. I thought overall it looks more polished and crisp? Maybe it looks better on a big TV screen. Steppenwolf definitely looks funny.. lol

What change? If I'm not mistaken Snyder has no future DC projects so what do you exactly want to change?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What change? If I'm not mistaken Snyder has no future DC projects so what do you exactly want to change?
    Right now. There was also zero intention to release the Snyder Cut, but Covid and fan demand made it happen. Snyder’s fans certainly have zero intention of not demanding more movies with him from WB, and whose to say that won’t happen? If people want non-Snyder movies they have every right to petition WB to drop Snyder just like his fans petition WB to bring him back.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Wait, you can SEE them?!? I mostly saw a slightly less dark smudge on screen. To be honest, the FX looked like a bad game cut scene to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Right now. There was also zero intention to release the Snyder Cut, but Covid and fan demand made it happen. Snyder’s fans certainly have zero intention of not demanding more movies with him from WB, and whose to say that won’t happen? If people want non-Snyder movies they have every right to petition WB to drop Snyder just like his fans petition WB to bring him back.
    Oh, I rather doubt that. I think WB looked at what it could release during the pandemic and panicked. They had nothing to promote HBO Max with, but this, an almost ready made movie that somehow managed to cost an extra $70 million despite filming little extra footage. Of course...it won't work, people don't sign up permanently for these streaming services for one movie; they sign up for ongoing series, preferably more than one. But who knows, maybe folks will like and extended video game they can't see because it's too dark. Stranger things have happened. Now that I think of it, Stranger Things would have helped them more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Right, my problem with this is that there is nothing to drop Snyder from. How do you imagine WB dropping Snyder in this case? Writing some sort of contract where both sides agree to never work together again?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    nah! you both should keep at it.It keeps things interesting.
    "Move on"
    "NO! you move on"
    It's only bad when things aren't balanced and one side is just overwhelming.Then that's just bullying.
    "snyder's Superman is the satan.The character doesn't smile.it's way too serious and dark "
    "Oh!yeah! well synder made superman interesting.Donner superman and mcu is just quips "
    Lol, pretty much this. Folks are arguing against the worst fans (loud minority) on either side of the argument. And I’m pretty sure WB knows that GA doesn’t particularly like Snyder’s vision/style, so unlikely that they will let him make new DC films.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

30 mins made a world of difference with BvS, excited to see what 2 hrs does!

Also hope the talk of a BD release in the same month is true.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I thought the trailer was pretty cool. The voice ringing out is an awesome visual.

I think Darkseid and Apokalips look pretty cool, if a little bit overdone CGI-wise. Still not a huge fan of Steppenwolf's design, but I don't think it matters as much when he's moving. I look foreward to a beefed up scene with the Amazons whch was a high point in the theatrical release. Most importantly, Darkseid's inclusion elevates Steppenwolf into a warning of more dangerous things to come - the absence of which totally neutered him in the original.

The removal of the red filter already makes certain existing scenes look much better.

I also like the inclusion of the Knightmare premonition, it further validates Bruce in BvS and gives more weight to Superman's resurrection.

Superman looks awesome in the black suit. Looking foreward to his interactions with Lois and Martha, as well as new character moments for Flash and Cyborg.

Kind of unsure about Leto's role. I wasn't excited or turned off. I wonder what I would find better; for Leto to be mocking Batman, or to have turned somewhat "sane" by the overwhelming evil of Darkseid. I doubt he'll have too much screen time, but I saw someone suggest he might be laced throughout the film in Batman's thoughts, and that would be cool.

Look, I'm neither a Snyder fan nor a Snyder hater - frankly, the bickering among the two sides is annoying as all hell and really serves no purpose and never has and never will.

Just felt like someone should say that.

Now, onto this thing - as neither a fan nor a hater, but the apparently rare guy in the middle, I'm looking forward to this. Not with any hype or expectation of it being great, because it won't be, but like all his previous DC work as a deeply flawed but still relatively entertaining movie for me personally, with some great action scenes and my favorite live action Batman to date (will always be sad shame we didn't get that Ben Affleck directed and starring Batman movie...). And frankly, that's it. That it draws such heated emotions and arguments from people is beyond me, and makes me sick to enter certain threads at times the past few years cause Jesus....

Anyways, I'm getting HBO Max for a week or month or whatever anyway because Godzilla vs Kong (hells yeah) so will be watching this shortly after. I expect to be mildly disappointed with some things, but still entertained more than not by my admittedly short bar - and I expect the fights to be better than the Whedon version so yay.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Does Steppenwolf actually look better? The design is busier and with more spikes, sure, but he still just looks like a generic video game boss with a horned head. He's not a particularly interesting design in either film.