Page 705 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2056056556957017027037047057067077087097157558051205 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,575 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Afaik, J'ohn will warn Bruce of the upcoming war and pose as Martha Kent for some reason.
    So...plot device then.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    General Swanwick. Isn't he the Martian Manhunter, according to Snyder?
    I remember hearing that, but even if so, he isn't sure if he can trust Superman right away either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I remember hearing that, but even if so, he isn't sure if he can trust Superman right away either.
    You know, if that's true, I hate it. Too much out of the blue. Too many plot holes. Too much including a character for the wrong reasons. If he was the MM, he should have done MM things to move the plot along, not just secretly be there because Snyder liked it. It isn't really cool unless he was there for a reason, and used accordingly.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    You know, if that's true, I hate it. Too much out of the blue. Too many plot holes. Too much including a character for the wrong reasons. If he was the MM, he should have done MM things to move the plot along, not just secretly be there because Snyder liked it. It isn't really cool unless he was there for a reason, and used accordingly.
    I wouldn't really buy it if he was the General the WHOLE time. Rather that he impersonated him at a later date or something.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Rule of Cool is entirely how the Snyder films operate.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It wasn't right away. And it was the fate of the planet that was at stake. It just proved how Manhunter wasn't really part of his "grand plan" but something he came up with when his fans told him about it, IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Now that's how Micheal Bay operates, Snyder films operate on the logic that everything they're doing is deep, moving and serious

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And symbolism...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And symbolism...
    Well...they certainly try.

On a more positive note, I think Swanick turning out to be J'onn is actually cool and good casting. It makes the interrogation room scene in MoS (already a solid scene when taken on its own) even better.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think the General Swanwick reveal tracks if this J'Onn has been hiding on Earth for decades, working secretly to protect humanity from any extraterrestrial threats within the system and, at some point, adopted the identity of Swanwick to further that goal. He wouldn't have accomplished much in either MoS or BvS on the field fighting because the abundance of fire would have nullified him almost immediately. He accomplished more as Swanwick that he ever could have as a big green flying muscle man.

Kind of reminds me of how J'onn's human disguise was as a G-Man in Man of Tomorrow.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Well...they certainly try.

On a more positive note, I think Swanick turning out to be
    And that's bad?I fall on my face all the time.Atleast Snyder has a voice.I have no interest in -isms and the lack of creativity that had plagued Superman as an IP.
    Sure,he takes things.but he presents through his view point and gives it his own twist.
    btw! Donner tried to be deep.in superman the movie as well,with a heavy emphasis on determinism and Jesus imagery.All the modern writer try to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Now that's how Micheal Bay operates, Snyder films operate on the logic that everything they're doing is deep, moving and serious
    Snyder movies (from what i gather.i might be wrong) strip everything to images and lines.Characters don't feel like characters but hollow symbols with certain characteristics.There is no exploration.That means people will make up there own conclusions.Also,there will be a bit his own leanings add on top to every character whether it's superman,it's batman or whatever.So,people that can't stand that point view would certainly won't like snyder movies.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-17-2021 at 02:57 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I don't know, isn't this how it always is in comics? Characters that should help don't show up because they don't really fit into the story?

Deborah Snyder defends Batman v Superman from its negative reviews, arguing the film may have fallen victim to preconceived notions by people expecting something different.

by Screen Rant on twitter

I'm so tired.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Deborah Snyder defends Batman v Superman from its negative reviews, arguing the film may have fallen victim to preconceived notions by people expecting something different.

by Screen Rant on twitter

I'm so tired.
    People have preconceived notions for superman.
    People act out their moral fantasy with superman.That's why superman can't be anything less than a safety net and a symbol.A hollow symbol for me.He can't do the very purpose of his creation.Entertainment.Do his shitck of "I fight bullies".

Finally,there were comments that rejected Morrison's action comics superman as "not superman".When the truth is that guy was more closer Siegel and Shuster superman.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"